Are any of these Ideas worth adding?

Yes
2 (40%)
No
0 (0%)
Possibly, if done in the right way
3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: Some ideas.  (Read 700 times)

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 919
  • Infamy: 199
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Créme
  • Game nicks: Tybalt_von_Krems, Lennart_Bladh
  • IRC nick: Bittersteel
Some ideas.
« on: October 20, 2014, 01:06:26 am »
+1
So the patch today was pretty darn awesome. It's defnitely gonna increase the player base, if nothing else, stay like it is for a good while.

So my first suggestion is to have have double-xp events every weekend, say, saturday between 6-12 PM. I remember the last time we had it, a year ago I believe it was? It would be fun for the community to get togheter on one server with shieldwalls etc, a crap ton of players and double gold/Xp.

I remember when I first started that getting gold was a huge pain in my ass. Why not give new players when they start two weeks of x2 gold.

Give players who started playing within 6 months 25k, and players within 3 months 50k.

Some of these suggestion may seem unfair to some of you, but would you rather destroy newcomers in combat and see them quit within a week or would you like to see the mod die? To me, the choice is pretty clear.

Change the (random?) 4 +3 stuff newcomers get to something more useful. Make a small popup when you register asking for what class they will aspire to be. Depending on what they choose (Infantry, Cavalry, Archer etc.) they get gold, gear and weapons and three loompoints to loom one weapon of their choosing.

I post it here since I'd like more feedback and hopefully for a dev to see.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 02:08:00 am by Bittersteel »

Offline Amatsuka

• Knight
  • Renown: 47
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Some 'good' ideas.
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 01:09:26 am »
+1
It'd be great if people stopped pretending like we weren't all new players getting crushed by everyone once.  Plus usually every time we retire.  Giving new players some gold sounds a lot better than looms.  Gold lets them try out a variety of weapons and gear to find out what they like and want to loom.  It keeps their interest varied and explorative.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 01:19:09 am by Amatsuka »

Offline mrrdhardy

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 76
  • cRPG Player
  • Packer_The_Sloth
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Sloths
  • Game nicks: Packer_The_Sloth Brotherman_Bill Bo_Bo_The_Sloth_Templar_Hobo
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 01:09:55 am »
+2
So the patch today was pretty darn awesome. It's defnitely gonna increase the player base, if nothing else, stay like it is for a good while.

So my first suggestion is to have have double-xp events every weekend, say, saturday between 6-12 PM. I remember the last time we had it, a year ago I believe it was? It would be fun for the community to get togheter on one server with shieldwalls etc, a crap ton of players and double gold/Xp.

I remember when I first started that getting gold was a huge pain in my ass. Why not give new players when they start two weeks of x2 gold.

Give players who started playing within 6 months 25k, and players within 3 months 50k.

Some of these suggestion may seem unfair to some of you, but would you rather destroy newcomers in combat and see them quit within a week or would you like to see the mod die? To me, the choice is pretty clear.

I post it here since I'd like more feedback and hopefully for a dev to see.
mod will die anyway, giving them items wont do anything and you be stuck with the Old players again which to be honest will start to be less since they don't give us any events and give free +3 to new players
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2014, 01:20:55 am »
The mod will die, no one is questioning that, the argument is regarding WHEN it will die. My belief, is that it will die with Warband, and no time before. The patch which was released today will certainly postpone it.

I'm not suggesting to give them items. And old people leave, yes, but new players replace them. Also, I'm frankly not sure how you're using your brain right now. Saying old people will leave because of the devs giving new players +3 is obnoxious. So far I've only seen you whine about it. But I could be wrong.

Regarding the events, It's what I'm suggesting. Do so yourself, instead of simply saying "You're not giving us events, you're killing the mod". The devs read what we write and consider our ideas, so, what would be a good idea if you were in charge?

It'd be great if people stopped pretending like we weren't all new players getting crushed by everyone once.  Plus usually every time we retire.  Giving new players some gold sounds a lot better than looms.  Gold lets them try out a variety of weapons and gear to find out what they like and want to loom.  It keeps their interest varied and explorative.

Yes, I don't think it's a good idea to give them looms to be honest, possibly an extra loompoint on first retirement, but it's not the way to go about imo. So gold would be the better option.

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2014, 01:22:39 am »
so, what would be a good idea if you were in charge?

Enjoy the recent high number of players due to patch, come to terms the fact that the mod will die eventually as you stated, and have fun

Offline mrrdhardy

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 76
  • cRPG Player
  • Packer_The_Sloth
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Sloths
  • Game nicks: Packer_The_Sloth Brotherman_Bill Bo_Bo_The_Sloth_Templar_Hobo
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2014, 01:22:58 am »
The mod will die, no one is questioning that, the argument is regarding WHEN it will die. My belief, is that it will die with Warband, and no time before. The patch which was released today will certainly postpone it.

I'm not suggesting to give them items. And old people leave, yes, but new players replace them. Also, I'm frankly not sure how you're using your brain right now. Saying old people will leave because of the devs giving new players +3 is obnoxious. So far I've only seen you whine about it. But I could be wrong.

Regarding the events, It's what I'm suggesting. Do so yourself, instead of simply saying "You're not giving us events, you're killing the mod". The devs read what we write and consider our ideas, so, what would be a good idea if you were in charge?
postpone for probably only a month or two.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2014, 01:25:58 am »
Enjoy the recent high number of players due to patch, come to terms the fact that the mod will die eventually as you stated, and have fun

Thanks for your constructive comment. Sounds like a cool event.

postpone for probably only a month or two.

That's an extra month or two of enjoyment.

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2014, 01:30:04 am »
Thanks for your constructive comment. Sounds like a cool event.

Screw double xp, I'd rather play longer.

The only event that could possibly get people to show is something related to free looms
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 01:34:03 am by lombardsoup »

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2014, 01:34:42 am »
Screw double xp, I'd rather play longer.

Sorry, what? I'm not quite following, do you think people are gonna quit the mod earlier because of Double XP event?

The only event that could possibly get people to show is something related to free looms

You're gonna have to try better then that. People don't play the mod to top the scoreboard, to have as many looms or possible, but to have fun. If fun events show up, people will play it whether there is looms or not involved.

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2014, 01:47:31 am »
Naked mike?  I dunno man.  This isn't NeoGK with that peasant wars shit

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
    • View Profile
Re: Some ideas.
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2014, 05:47:17 pm »
Naked Mike? Would you like to elaborate? Sounds fun  :P

Michael Mayers would be fun to play tough.