Author Topic: tone down heirlooms  (Read 2210 times)

Offline DrKronic

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Arch Villain of cRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I do what I want
Re: tone down heirlooms
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2011, 02:49:53 am »
Seriously, I don't think anyone is even close to gen 50, and I'd reallly like to see you beat kesh consistently in a melee..

On Topic:
Watering down heirlooms, why don't we remove leveling and hell character creation we already have a game in native where you can wear better equipment as you do better(which was fun, I just thought there was something persistent about this one?(hell even the kpd resets each gen same with your results of strategus battles so....moarnative?)

I still say steal everything down to a +3 bonus and give main character xp bonus to rebalance like in the generational xp thread

Off Topic:
O RLY

go to fallen stats for server, the_last_spamurai_PxC killed kesh 3 to 1

http://www.thefallenones.com/cRPG/search.php?username=the_Last_Spamurai_PxC

sorry but BRD and crew can post whatever they want, I beat wallace easily twice in a row last night, none of you guys are anything more than talk, so keep talking I never see you on battle server you only go where your numbers can guarantee victory as I never have any "clanmates" defending me hell the entire time basically I've played this game and I definitely can consistently kill kill kill

want screenshots, keep asking I have thousands total I know I have plenty of kesh's death to my melee weapon as that is something I foresaw as a issue to arise(hell I basically save almost every log and every battle round per round I've ever play, I think I have 5000 screenshots)

PS the Gen 50 thing is this BS that people on Teamspeaks keep trying to convince me of that I wanted Kesh to know about, I have said its BS and no wai He can be gen 50 but I am told on voicechat by so many different people that "No, Kesh wouldn't tell DrKronic the truth" so RLY that it what people say

« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 02:57:10 am by DrKronic »
Greed is for amateurs...Chaos, Disorder, Anarchy now that's fun!

Offline Havoco

• Duke
  • Renown: 538
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospookfans
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Havoc
  • IRC nick: Havoco
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2011, 02:56:50 am »
Personally I think with those stats on a masterwork greatsword, leveling up a 1st gen char and adding another point to PS would just about equal those stats. And both would take about the same time to obtain. It would be more dependant on if the build was meant to max out at 30 or be close to another third.
Ex. 18-20 at 30, built to max out at 31.
Pock gobblers

Offline Stormcrow

• Knight
  • Renown: 61
  • Infamy: 58
  • cRPG Player
  • The spirit is willing, but the body is weak
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Stormcrow, Ragnarok
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2011, 03:26:24 am »
Quite frankly I could care less if people want to grind there brains out 24/7.  If you waste your life playing this game 60hrs a week just to retire and heirloom your weapons then you deserve it. Let the grinders grind.
Gen 19 lvl34 archer

Offline ManOfWar

• Count
  • Renown: 243
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No crutches at all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Remnant_ManOfWar (Formerly Takeda)
  • IRC nick: ManOfWar
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2011, 03:27:19 am »
Whatever, strateges is where it counts, and there is no heirlooms in strat
Just a soldier

Offline Count_RisArch

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Keep on Rotting in the Free World...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: RisArch
  • IRC nick: RisArch
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2011, 04:02:52 am »
Whatever, strateges is where it counts, and there is no heirlooms in strat

Concur...
Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place, and stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.
Imperial Historian Duiker

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2011, 04:17:04 am »
I must be the only guy who plays and does not care about heirlooms, as Strategus you can not use them, so I do not want to get used to something that is not replicated in the game.

I mainly play just to play. *shrugs*
I think the heirlooms as of now are for the most part good, though yes there are a few that raise some eyebrows.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Wallace

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WallaceBRD
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2011, 06:38:32 am »
DrCumnic (see what i did there?) is not only a troll, but he's also bad at trolling. He continually tries to ruffle people's feathers for absolutely no reason.

Topic Derailment Commence!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline tankmen

• Knight
  • Renown: 65
  • Infamy: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2011, 07:38:34 am »
tone down heir looms i cant play enough to get any, so ruin other peoples fun!  :lol:

on a serious note i honestly don't think heirlooms give you more than a slight advantage. if some one heirlooms armor but they can block like a god and you never hit them, how does that help them, or if some one has a great sword and you cant block why does it matter the results the same you'll die. The heirlooms don't make the people, are people truly that arrogant that they think a guy only beat them because his/her item was heir-loomed ? sure some items could be tuned down, bec, side sword. the other reason is now with this patch every ones in a sense equal, no level 40 spammers with 230 WPF, every one hits a bar then starts over again but with a slight bonus for there troubles, i for one love this patch... NOW HURRY THE FUCK UP WITH STRATEGUS!!!!!
The purpose of wearing plate has become nothing more than crippling yourself to look like a knight... or maybe its my lack of athletics

Offline Engine

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2011, 03:53:07 pm »
When I first started playing, it was a BIG comfort to me that it wasn't impossible to get an heirloom. It made me feel like I was personalizing my character as well as helping me be competitive against the big boys.

Offline Reinhardt

• Count
  • Renown: 274
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Crusaders of Acre
  • IRC nick: Reinhardt
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2011, 05:41:04 pm »
imho I really do feel the game as is feels a little broken.  This has nothing to do with the lack of strat either, as I never tried it.

I think it does. People like me, who are generation 10, have nothing better to do than play with the clan, leveling up again and again. It just becomes so fast that getting heirloomed weapons is just... ridiculous. With Strategus, people in factions will probably be playing cRPG less. I know I will. So, in turn, some of the people who have been around a while (I.E. the people who are generation X), will probably not be playing cRPG so often, but rather focus on strategus.

tone down heir looms i cant play enough to get any, so ruin other peoples fun!  :lol:

on a serious note i honestly don't think heirlooms give you more than a slight advantage. if some one heirlooms armor but they can block like a god and you never hit them, how does that help them, or if some one has a great sword and you cant block why does it matter the results the same you'll die. The heirlooms don't make the people, are people truly that arrogant that they think a guy only beat them because his/her item was heir-loomed ? sure some items could be tuned down, bec, side sword. the other reason is now with this patch every ones in a sense equal, no level 40 spammers with 230 WPF, every one hits a bar then starts over again but with a slight bonus for there troubles, i for one love this patch... NOW HURRY THE FUCK UP WITH STRATEGUS!!!!!

Katana. :evil: Everything else I agree with though.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 05:42:55 pm by Reinhardt »
"A leader is a dealer in hope."

Offline Reinhardt

• Count
  • Renown: 274
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Crusaders of Acre
  • IRC nick: Reinhardt
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2011, 05:50:39 pm »
Learn to block, use a shield, get iron flesh, 3x loom good armor.  These are just some things I have to say in response to this.  If you wear light armor you shouldn't complain.  Look at goretooth you think he wears that armor for looks?  Did his survivablity go down post patch?

...Goretooth's survivability went up because he's a good player. His armor helps, but still. Toning down SOME heirlooms like the 105 speed katana would be nice, same with the bec de corbin and the side sword. But my Knightly Arming Sword barely keeps up with the rest. (heirloomed twice)
"A leader is a dealer in hope."

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2011, 06:42:33 pm »

...Goretooth's survivability went up because he's a good player. His armor helps, but still. Toning down SOME heirlooms like the 105 speed katana would be nice, same with the bec de corbin and the side sword. But my Knightly Arming Sword barely keeps up with the rest. (heirloomed twice)
Masterwork katana is 104 speed
39 cut
20 pierce
reach 95

Side sword (normal) 101 speed
32 cut
26 pierce
reach 95

master - speed 103
30 cut
29 pierce

You can post the stats of the knightly arming sword, and tell me how unfair a katana is.
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline Gristle

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BRD
  • Game nicks: Gristle_BRD
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2011, 08:30:20 am »
I think heirlooms are fine. With a title like Masterwork, the stats should be much more impressive. The only heirlooms that get a little ridiculous are the weapons with 100+ base speed. Does anyone really think a Masterwork Military Cleaver needs to be toned down? Will we get up in arms over a Masterwork Iberian Mace?