Author Topic: Archery overhaul  (Read 1582 times)

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
Re: Archery overhaul
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2014, 01:26:22 am »
Joseph, don't you realize that 90% of players on EU 1 got at least 60 body armor ? (loomed gloves+armor, and
I imagine :
 7 PD archer + maxed WM + Masterwork tatar bow + tatar arrows = 24 + 13 = 37 cut damage + 56%(37 cut) + wpf's damage, which is around 1,5% per 10 wpf.

Just imagine how OP it would be, adding to this pin point accuracy, and huge missile speed.

Oh wait, i understand now: tatar is a lower tier bow, it isnt allowed to use tatar or bodkin arrows in my system. (Read OP)

Now, you might think this will end up in major tatar spam, as if that isnt the case atm, but I also suggest that bows will have arrow limitations. Say the tatar bow can not use the top tier arrows, bodkin & (barbed?). The dev team can balance this out theirselves, I just think tatar bows shouldnt have the armor piercing abilities they currently have.

sorry dude, I am kind of sleeping here just had a few beers whilst laughing at brazil getting destroyed (again).

Another one in the OP that answers your question.

And ofcourse missile speed eduction for all lower tier bows, again the arcade shit is too gay.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 01:32:51 am by Joseph Porta »
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2014, 01:27:19 am »
1st setp nerfing the shit out of missile speed of tatar, nomad & horn bow. 2 or 3 less points would be cool. It'd make :

Nomad :
missile speed: 45
weight: 2.4
accuracy: 101
difficulty: 2
speed rating: 68
missile speed: 48
thrust damage: 21 cut
slots: 2

Tatar bow:
missile speed: 43
weight: 2.4
difficulty: 3
speed rating: 65
missile speed: 46
thrust damage: 22 cut

Horn bow
missile speed: 41
weight: 2.7
difficulty: 5
speed rating: 59
missile speed: 44
thrust damage: 26 cut (+2)

2 slots for every bow BELOW 4 PD. Offer free respecs to archers who were 2h/archer hybrids and archers in general.

2nd step :  Reduce the wpf damage bonus by two. It makes 1.5 % more damage every 20 wpf.

3rd step : arrows.

I'd simply see more balanced stats. The ones you gave are too high, and too bad for bodkins. It's pretty much the same as the stats we got atm which are the most balanced for non bodkin arrows.

Arrows - cheap
Barbed - decent bonus, more ammo than tatar, cheaper.
tatar - big bonus, less ammo than barbed, more expensive.

Bodkins now ... I propose at +0 rank

Ammo : 10 , which makes 15 at +3. (Or 13, depends if you also change that)
damgage : 3 (+1 damage, to compensate the loss of 5 arrows)
same price

ALSO, I WANT TO MAKE THIS CLEAR, IF THESE CHANGES ARE IN, GIVE FREE RESPECS.

EDIT : The stats you gave are good overall both on bows and arrows (give less ammo for arrows, and it's balanced right you wanted to), but I strongly disagree on bodkins. A quiver is at least made of 10 arrows, supposing an archer will get two of those. So, it makes something around 25/26 arrows, instead of 16, which is a ridiculous ammount.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 01:37:47 am by Algarn »

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2014, 01:29:37 am »
I ninjad my previous post, please read. I think itll make some shit more clear :)
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Switchtense

• King
  • Renown: 1137
  • Infamy: 137
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • poking you where the sun dont shine!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns, BIRD CLAN BEST CLAN!
  • Game nicks: All sorts of Switch's
  • IRC nick: Switchtense
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2014, 01:30:17 am »
Hmm, it will eventually be wether you want punching strength or more arrows. You could use the bodkins only, but youll have such a small quiver that youll be out very fast.

In my opinion picking arrows up is silly in the first place. They should lose 1 rank once they are shot to simulate collateral damage with walls/objects. Or not being able to be picked up at all, cause theyll most likely be damaged upon impact.

Arrows that fly and hit the ground are perfectly intact. Obviously a high velocity arrow hitting a brick wall or so might end up damage. But still.

For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2014, 01:31:13 am »
Arrows that fly and hit the ground are perfectly intact. Obviously a high velocity arrow hitting a brick wall or so might end up damage. But still.

Picking them up from the ground is perfectly fine with me.  :)

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Algarn

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2014, 01:36:45 am »
Restricting arrows is bad for gameplay, and sounds retarded... (ex : a tatar bow not able to use tatar arrows). Giving less ammo is a choice for nerfing the spam, and even if I agree with the principe, which is an arrow shouldn't be ticking a fucking target, even less with 9 PD, I doubt being alone to have a word about that. Ask Steevee and other archers about what they think, since only them will know what is a destruction of archery or a slight nerf.

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2014, 01:40:45 am »
If done correctly this will be the effect of this system:

• damage per arrow will rise drasticly
  • less arrows are being carried - thus the archer needs to be more carefull with the arrows he has
  • more thought will be needed to be put into archery, you wont just shoot anything that moves because youll have to think about quiver size
  • less actual arrow spam - sure if you get hit it will hurt, but I dont think that is unreasonable

This is the idea, and I dont think this is in any way annerf to archery. It is merely a change to their playstyle, a change that shows in how they shoot, how much they shoot and who they shoot.

Basically they will not be able to carry 60 arrows with them, unless they choose to choose quantity in aroows over high damage.

And I dont think restrictions on arrows is in any way detrimental to gameplay - the only thing that happens is that archers will have to choose which role they want to fullfill, instead of being a "i kill everything no matter what you are" kind of role they have atm.

Ie:
cav hunters will most likely take a low tier bow + 2 bags of barbed arrows. They will also be effective vs lightly armored foes.

Medium to heavy hunters  will most likely take a high tier bow + tatar and bodkins.

Heavy plate/cav hunters will take 2 bags of bodkins AND be allowed to take a 1 slot 1h/2h(secondary mode)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 01:48:50 am by Joseph Porta »

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Algarn

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2014, 01:46:01 am »
Still need to be tested to prevent from mass abusing or complete death of archery. Still, 10/12 arrows in a regular quiver of bodkins sounds good enough.

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2014, 01:48:10 am »
Still need to be tested to prevent from mass abusing or complete death of archery. Still, 10/12 arrows in a regular quiver of bodkins sounds good enough.

Naturally everything is up for change :)

Ninja edited something in my orevious post aswell

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Cup1d

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2014, 08:03:37 am »
You propose to use 2 kind of arrows and assume that archer must switch between them on fly?

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2014, 12:41:35 pm »
Too ambitious
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 12:47:00 pm by Joseph Porta »

i'll be there at around
chadztime™