Author Topic: some buckler love  (Read 1942 times)

Offline Renegade

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Listen to the monk or feel his Iron Staff ;)
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Imperial Prelates
  • Game nicks: IP_Renegade
  • IRC nick: Renegade334
Re: some buckler love
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2011, 07:34:45 pm »
The Steel Buckler with 3 difficulty was quite nice. It was very hard to brake it with normal weapons but very very easy for every axe-like weapon. Also you had to aim exactly at incoming projectiles to block them because of the 3 width. In exchange every heirloom gave a nice bonus to hp and armor that made even more difference than on other shields. Pre patch I loomed mine because I thought it was not likely to be nerfed (well bad luck for me ^^), but if I were still able to use it noe I would still consider using it, since it's really really fast.

But I would suggest changing one of the bucklers to 3 again with new stats and it definetly needs some balancing compared to the Plate Covered Round Shield which blocks most projectiles, is also nearly unbreakable for normal weapons and quite fast with req. 4.
Freedom of opinion doesn't mean that I have to listen to any crap you say. If anyone wants to criticize me or my posts: Outdoors is a wall that would be glad to listen to you.

Offline justjr

• Knight
  • Renown: 37
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • I AM THE DRAGON KNIGHT
    • View Profile
    • Just Imports
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: (former Justus_Caesar) Windrunner_of_Chaos, Dragon_Knight_, Justino, cRazY_jusTT_of_Choad
  • IRC nick: Just
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2011, 12:52:43 am »
These are some slow shields man, I dont like none of em.
I using the knightly heater when I need to catch arrows, and the buckler to duel.
Cant have all, can ya?

Offline DrKronic

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Arch Villain of cRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I do what I want
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2011, 05:32:53 am »
man bucklers were not just a "civilian" shield, they were the shield that was actually in use in battles, melee infantry was not carrying big shields into battle past the roman era(asides from specific pavise spearman or xbowman, there were even more actual skilled melee units that were sword and buckler men)

I mean sadly a buckler breaks in a second in the game, with the new difficulty they should be in 200 hp range, I mean even though its small its all metal, they were effective at blocking big weapons and being able to get in for a kill(like killing pikemen, etc IRL)
Greed is for amateurs...Chaos, Disorder, Anarchy now that's fun!