Author Topic: how many have had their x1 heireloom sell for 300k+?  (Read 2685 times)

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
Re: how many have had their x1 heireloom sell for 300k+?
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2011, 10:54:37 pm »
If I were buying an 1x heirloom I wanted, I'd pay 400k for it. That is roughly ( a bit less than) the amount of money I had at the end of Gen1. I wore mostly light gear (tabard, straw/woolen hat, leather boots, leather gloves) and higher tier weaponry (green Heater Shield, Long Espada). I didn't start wearing chain till gen 5. Won't start plate until gen 7, personally. So maybe I'm an exception, but even after dropping 800k on heirlooms, I still have 200k left, no problem, and rising.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2011, 02:43:20 am »
I wonder too...
I wouldn't buy a x1 herloom for 300k. Simply because that is way more than I earn for one generation.

At the most you can earn 436,792 gold = 8,735,843 / 1000 * 50 if you grind to lvl 31 (with 0 upkeep peasant gear).

But the thing is, who does that? Very few I guess. And those who are willing to trade gold to get stuff instead of retiring and grinding don't have that much money because they don't play with peasant gear.
The cheapest x3 heirlooms are now being sold for 900.000 which is way too much imo.

But I guess we will soon see a massive decrease in prices. A x3 heirloom for 600k is still a bit too much for most players.

your sig is so fucken epic

anyway on topic i think it takes longer to grind to lvl 31 than it does to play with peasant gear until you have 300k.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 02:45:19 am by Banok »

Offline BcBKC

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kill Cult
  • Game nicks: KC_BcB
  • IRC nick: BcB
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2011, 02:59:13 am »
Bought my +1 bec for 350k. It was worth it. I'd like to see the prices come down but don't count on it. Supply and demand.

I've seen other +1 becs up for 400k/450k that have likely sold too.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 03:01:30 am by BcBKC »

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2011, 07:37:42 am »
Prices are going to go up, not down.  300k is going to look cheap in the future because gold is going to slowly become more plentiful (unless a new patch changes things).

Yes it's expensive, but there are a lot of people that have bought pretty much everything they need and are rolling in dough.  What better thing to do than spend the gold on heirlooms at that point?

E: I've sold several for 300k+ on the market.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 07:40:52 am by MrShine »
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2011, 07:50:07 am »
Prices are going to go up, not down.  300k is going to look cheap in the future because gold is going to slowly become more plentiful (unless a new patch changes things).

Yes it's expensive, but there are a lot of people that have bought pretty much everything they need and are rolling in dough.  What better thing to do than spend the gold on heirlooms at that point?

E: I've sold several for 300k+ on the market.

There were several people buying and reselling the same heirlooms when it first came out that inflated the prices a bit, but you don't see that much anymore.  Most heirlooms below the masterwork level are not enough different from the original weapon to make it worth half a million.  Like I am currently looking to trade my Lordly Khergit Guard Armor for a MW fighting axe.  If i was to get a 1x loomed it adds +1 damage, 2x loomed its up to +2 damage, but only when you get the 3x do you get +1 speed and the full +3 damage.  Why would anyone pay 400K for +1 damage, you wouldn't even notice the difference.  And most of the 2handers and 1handers heriloomed are like that so a 3x loomed should be worth significantly more than 2x but 1x and 2x shouldn't be that expensive, but the market is currently over-pricing the lower level looms and treating each loomed point as equal.  however, x3 looms and bows/xbows are much better stat increased heirlooms that doesn't seem to be priced into the market.

P.S. I did just pay 250K for a tempered bastard sword, but mainly because it was a clanmate.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2011, 08:09:29 am »
There were several people buying and reselling the same heirlooms when it first came out that inflated the prices a bit, but you don't see that much anymore.  Most heirlooms below the masterwork level are not enough different from the original weapon to make it worth half a million.  Like I am currently looking to trade my Lordly Khergit Guard Armor for a MW fighting axe.  If i was to get a 1x loomed it adds +1 damage, 2x loomed its up to +2 damage, but only when you get the 3x do you get +1 speed and the full +3 damage.  Why would anyone pay 400K for +1 damage, you wouldn't even notice the difference.  And most of the 2handers and 1handers heriloomed are like that so a 3x loomed should be worth significantly more than 2x but 1x and 2x shouldn't be that expensive, but the market is currently over-pricing the lower level looms and treating each loomed point as equal.  however, x3 looms and bows/xbows are much better stat increased heirlooms that doesn't seem to be priced into the market.

P.S. I did just pay 250K for a tempered bastard sword, but mainly because it was a clanmate.

I think people buy them because of the time it saves to get a headstart on their master work set.  The whole time is money thing :)

Also consider this:  Gold is becoming more plentiful with the marketplace allowing people to buy for less and sell for more, and the money stays with the players instead of sold items going to the 'bank'.  Heirlooms on the other hand will become more scarce because the retirement system has become less attractive. Put those together and I wouldn't be surprised if 500k per heirloom becomes common.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Enzo

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2011, 09:19:22 am »
I sold a x1 Heraldic Transitional Armor for 400k about a week ago.

Offline Ylca

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: YlcaTheTerrible, YlcaTheJuggler
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2011, 03:43:24 pm »
and people should stop asking for much more.

Economics time:

Reasonable in an open market is what people will pay, not what we wish they would pay. Simple story, if none of your peers were buying at these prices, the prices would drop. There is no external force to prop up artificial prices, therefore no foul play. You're dealing with an incredibly limited resource. While some have dozens of heirlooms because they've played since the dawn of time, most have a few.  Beyond that since heirlooms are attached to specific items one has to find someone who spent the time to get an heirloom and has the exact heirloom they want. For some items this is trivial, for niche items this is not.

You can see the prices of heirlooms dropping a bit, but honestly what you're saying when you make an heirloom trade is "how much is ~1 month of my life worth?" A lot of people place a high value on their time. Some people do not so you will see lower offers. I'd be surprised if the market changed drastically without some sort of serious coding change to heirlooms (i.e. nerf), however.

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2011, 05:46:28 pm »
I'm selling my heirloom for 400k, but that is because in order to buy one I want I need that much money.

I'd love to trade it for what I want...but if there are no traders, I need to sell for enough gold to just buy what I want.

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2011, 09:42:02 am »
sold thick kuyak for 400k, mw claymore for 420k, atm sporting another thick kuyak to sell :-)

not that big deal to retire to make a loom and sell it, i am actually looking forward to when i am lvl 31again, as i might get some nice cash (playing with unloomed items now, as i sold all i could, and lordly gothic is a heart issue, so that one is staying :D )

edit: not to speak i sent like 600 k golds to my clanmates and friends to help them gear out :D

Offline La Makina

• Knight
  • Renown: 26
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Dedicated siege tower pusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2011, 10:16:38 am »
Heirlooms on the other hand will become more scarce because the retirement system has become less attractive.

Actually there is more and more heirloomed stuff for the simple reason that the more people play the more they retire and heirloom.
Just look on the battlefield: it is so usual to find tempered, balanced and MW stuff around.

Price will inevitably decrease as heirloomed gears become common.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2011, 10:49:00 am »
I bought a heirloom point for 100k :D

true story

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2011, 03:17:21 am »
The arse will fall out of the market. It always does... bloody tulips. The most gold I ever got my hands on at one time was 40k, using peasant gear, the moment I actually try and have, blam, my bank account empties. On the other hand, when I armour and tool up I often find myself on the nice end of an x5. So if the rounds really drag on and on then I can make a good bit of cash. Seriously though there should be some kind of gold mode, where buckets are sitting around on the ground and when you kill a well armed player you get 500 or something.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2011, 04:09:08 am »
Well as it stands right now at this point in time, gold is worthless beyond a point, a point which isn't hard to reach, I wouldn't sell a x1 heirloom even for a million gold, because what on earth am I going to do with that gold when I already got the different equipment I like and can use all the time.

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2011, 06:49:31 am »
Well as it stands right now at this point in time, gold is worthless beyond a point, a point which isn't hard to reach, I wouldn't sell a x1 heirloom even for a million gold, because what on earth am I going to do with that gold when I already got the different equipment I like and can use all the time.

for me selling my looms meant a lot of guys getting new equip, and what more, money to upkeep it...i could go around on plated charger with full plate set for ages now :)