Poll

Remove the ability for Skip the Fun characters to equip any ranged equipment?

Yes! Let them grind the levels to be a viable ranged
No! We want freedom! Freedom to insta-grief!
No way, nerf those classes until they are useless is the only way I'll ever be happy

Author Topic: Do no allow ranged Skip the Fun  (Read 1451 times)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Do no allow ranged Skip the Fun
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2013, 08:45:03 pm »
I have seen you posting this a lot of times but I still dont know what this "something" is supposed to be.

Xbow counters archers fine but then you say the counter shouldnt be ranged as well. Shielders you also dont count as a viable counter since they have to get into melee range first. So what you want is a class that kills ranged without the need to get into melee range, from a distance but also that imaginary counter is not allowed to be ranged as well, because "more ranged to fight ranged not acceptable". I think the only way to create your class is implementing magic into the game, otherwise I am afraid it is impossible.

Or making heavy cavalry have more protection from ranged.

This and shielders could be tweaked so that the shield actually makes a difference instead of being a stupid remark to throw at shieldless melee. We could also buff the ranged protection that high armor offers. Right now ranged actually deals more damage to high armor than the equivalent melee because of the armor piercing stuff.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Do no allow ranged Skip the Fun
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2013, 10:22:19 pm »
Or making heavy cavalry have more protection from ranged.

This could work if we had some horse difficulty limit based on Horse Archery. We don't need more HA/HX trampling around on plated chargers etc

Horse bumps could be tweaked so they shit on ligher armour and heavier stuff is not affected much and make sure ranged need to use light armour
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 10:27:04 pm by Grumbs »
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login