Author Topic: Lolstab - beyond the over power  (Read 2915 times)

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
Re: Lolstab - beyond the over power
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2013, 08:57:21 pm »
+2
TO DA CHAMBA OF TEARZ!!

Seriosuly tho, lets start a thread about how 1handers used to trade off some offensive ability for the defensive side of being able to use a shield without losing 3 attack directions, and now they dont.
I don't know enough

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2013, 03:23:05 am »
+2
In my opinion the solution to stabs in this game is to rework their glance thresholds - this applies to 2h, 1h, and polearm (so all melee weapons) :)

I'm not gonna sit here and say I know the exact solution or spout some half baked realism history stuff, but I do think many would agree that stabs are probably the animation that people complain about the most - from all weapon types now. 

The trouble with stabs is that all weapons would behave differently when being thrust...most swords (1h and 2h) would bend under too much pressure especially at the wrong part of the thrust (exceptions to this of course is weapons like the estoc and some daggers which were made for thrusting as they have strong cross sections), and the issue of long weapons being able to stab someone super close to them is one that is infamous - by the time they chocked up enough to accomplish that, there would be a decent delay of time before they could readjust the weapon to use it at its full length again. 

:arrow: So maybe its looking at the glance thresholds at the beginning and end of all stab animations, and looking at stab damage on flexible weapons, and looking at longer delay timers after a thrust attack by long weapons?  Little things here and there - no knee jerk nerfs of course.

Anyhow that's my two cents, and I don't think any that was QQ or unfair.
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE

Offline Apsod

• Duke
  • Renown: 698
  • Infamy: 98
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Donate a few denari to the farmers of Calradia!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Apsod
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2013, 07:40:15 pm »
I find pitchfork way easier, probably because I'm used to it. Hitbox seems to be a lot bigger, shame that damage is a bit poor so glances can be quite common.
The hitbox is always just a straight line, no matter how the weapon looks. So the hitbox feeling bigger is only in your mind :P