Author Topic: 1h weapons and wich to use  (Read 2039 times)

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
Re: 1h weapons and wich to use
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2013, 09:43:05 pm »
My personal favourites are Italian Sword, Military Hammer and Military Cleaver, and since the stab buff the side sword too.
Yet again, I play mostly siege, where the slightly shorter length of these wrt lee, ncs, kas, etc plays in my favour. In battle it might be different though.

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2013, 09:54:50 pm »
+1
I love 1h weapons.  There are so many good ones, and they are so versatile, you have a LOT of choices.  You really should try a bunch out and see what you like before committing to a loom.
I also like western/euro weapons, so we have similar tastes.  These are the weapons I recommend.  You can use them with almost any semi-balanced build with any armor.  Just use what you like and what looks cool to you.

Swords:
Grosse Messer
Langes Messer
Italian Sword
Broad Short Sword
Nordic War Sword
Knightly arming Sword
Nordic Champ Sword

Maces/hammers/picks:
Iberian Mace
Warhammer
Spathovaklion
Military Hammer
Steel Pick
Military Pick

Axes:
One Handed Battle Axe
Broad One Handed Battle Axe
Fighting Axe -(some ppl may be surprised by this, I was surprised too)

This is probably not helpful, but really there are so many good 1h weapons, it's hard to go wrong.

edit: This is not just a list of good 1h weapons, its a list of the ones I like to use.  Other people have great success with cleavers and espadas -- as well as others.  Give it a try!

I find in general there are 3 types of 1h weapons.  Longer swords (Italian, KAS), shorter swords (Broad Short, Grosse), and short-powerfuls (Axes, hammers, picks).  They have different play styles -- so once you figure out what "class" of weapon you like you can narrow down the specific weapon from there.

If you want to try out some of these but don't have the gold to buy them all, PM me and I can lend you some!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 10:01:42 pm by Garison »

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2013, 11:24:11 pm »
+1
I actually like Knightly Arming Sword with my 24-18 build and I do recommend getting a long weapon if you use high str build.

Spathion is like improved version of KAS, it has 2 more stab damage (3 if masterworked) but 1 less speed.
What bothers me about it though is the dark look which probably means it'd be easier for enemies to block its swings. Can anyone confirm/refute it? Would be nice to hear some opinions.

When I used it, people blocked more often, but it also may be because it's just slower. It's a really good defensive weapon for a keepaway style.

I wouldn't recommend the overly long 1hs since overheads can bounce on the ground. If you don't plan on using overheads much, it's fine, but 97-98 length and lower are all good.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2013, 04:51:14 pm »
+2
I actually like Knightly Arming Sword with my 24-18 build and I do recommend getting a long weapon if you use high str build.

Spathion is like improved version of KAS, it has 2 more stab damage (3 if masterworked) but 1 less speed.
What bothers me about it though is the dark look which probably means it'd be easier for enemies to block its swings. Can anyone confirm/refute it? Would be nice to hear some opinions.

Love my +3 KAS as well (with 21 str/7 PS), love the length of it (which is very important in battle, IMO), especially if you have somewhat heavy armor or not a lot of athletics.  Darker weapons are hard as fuck to see when it's dark or even somewhat dark out in the maps.   It makes them harder to see, not easier.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2013, 04:58:05 pm »
+2
When I used it, people blocked more often, but it also may be because it's just slower. It's a really good defensive weapon for a keepaway style.

I wouldn't recommend the overly long 1hs since overheads can bounce on the ground. If you don't plan on using overheads much, it's fine, but 97-98 length and lower are all good.
The long 1hs are best for 1h cav, though. That (and range control on ground) is what I mainly use my LAS for. 95-99 length is the best overall on the ground, though.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2013, 06:05:31 pm »
+2
I love 1h weapons.  There are so many good ones, and they are so versatile, you have a LOT of choices.  You really should try a bunch out and see what you like before committing to a loom.
I also like western/euro weapons, so we have similar tastes.  These are the weapons I recommend.  You can use them with almost any semi-balanced build with any armor.  Just use what you like and what looks cool to you.

Swords:
Grosse Messer
Langes Messer
Italian Sword
Broad Short Sword
Nordic War Sword
Knightly arming Sword
Nordic Champ Sword

Maces/hammers/picks:
Iberian Mace
Warhammer
Spathovaklion
Military Hammer
Steel Pick
Military Pick

Axes:
One Handed Battle Axe
Broad One Handed Battle Axe
Fighting Axe -(some ppl may be surprised by this, I was surprised too)

This is probably not helpful, but really there are so many good 1h weapons, it's hard to go wrong.

edit: This is not just a list of good 1h weapons, its a list of the ones I like to use.  Other people have great success with cleavers and espadas -- as well as others.  Give it a try!

I find in general there are 3 types of 1h weapons.  Longer swords (Italian, KAS), shorter swords (Broad Short, Grosse), and short-powerfuls (Axes, hammers, picks).  They have different play styles -- so once you figure out what "class" of weapon you like you can narrow down the specific weapon from there.

If you want to try out some of these but don't have the gold to buy them all, PM me and I can lend you some!
There is also a sub-catagory called thrust oriented swords in my opinion. :)
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2013, 06:52:16 pm »
+1
That's true, but I feel like I lose a lot of possibilities of outranging 2h/polearm users with my rightswing when I use anything shorter than 100.
I play with range a lot, especially in duels, so length seems to be important for me.

Darker weapons are hard as fuck to see when it's dark or even somewhat dark out in the maps.   It makes them harder to see, not easier.
That makes sense though. It's good that I have you to blame if I fail with mw Spathion I just bought.  :D
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 07:38:18 pm by Macropus »

Offline Goat_Fighter

• Knight
  • Renown: 42
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 420 Kings of KD
  • Game nicks: Havoc_,Goat_Fighter,Skaldysn,Once_U_Fap_U_Never_Go_Back
  • IRC nick: Chuck Testa
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2013, 01:53:27 am »