Author Topic: hoc nerds  (Read 2947 times)

Offline The Last Ironside REDGAR

• Knight
  • Renown: 47
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
  • For the glory of the House.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: REDGAR_The_Bloodthirsty, The_Last_Ironside_REDGAR
Re: hoc nerds
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2013, 09:15:44 pm »
+2
    My good sir, I share your feelings for honoring agreements.  I would personally go to war for an ally no matter the consequences, no matter the enemy.  You see the same HoC, under the rule of Bonesaw and his armies, and Almerra in his hands.  Yes, Almerra does lie in his possession, for it is his right to own it; but possession of Almerra does not dictate our ruler.  Bonesaw offered to turn over Almerra to another, but I for one would rather honor his right to his castle as the founder of my beloved clan.  But I must ask you, what about our armies suggests Bonesaw leads them? The decision to attack Unuzdaq and Amashke was made by Jona and myself.  I alone have drawn up the plans of attack and will be commanding the sieges this evening.  Jona and I have handled the diplomacy surrounding the current conflict.  How then is this the same HoC? Led by a different command, decisions made by different people, diplomacy handled mainly by myself...I do not see what you see. But, if indeed you wish to have it proved to you, then I ask you hold off on your assault; you, Raven, and all others affiliated with you, and well as the rest of the waiting and watching world.  I know there is already a casualty count on the forums waiting to be tallied for the entitled "HoC vs. Chaos and Raven-Dracul Coalition"; I may make some sad by saying I will do everything I can to prevent such an unfortunate war from occurring. I now look to the leaders of Raven(primarily Turboflex based on your last response, Relit) and Dracul and any others who seek to oppose HoC to be patient while our new clan establishes ourselves. Then, if our future actions suggest we must be opposed, come once more with your armies and do the deed.  Let us first prove ourselves.  Let us test the diplomatic path and attempt to overcome past wrongs.  Give us this opportunity and I swear on my honor and the name of Chulainn you will not be disappointed.  What say you to this?
Deliver prosperity to your people, honor to your House, glorious victory to your men, and sorrow to your enemies.

Offline Relit

• Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 109
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Relit
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2013, 09:41:56 pm »
(click to show/hide)

My thoughts and words on this matter are Turboflex's. We will give your words due consideration. But for now our coalition forces consider all HoC armies targets of opportunity as we move into the area. If our stance changes, we will pass it along to the appropriate channel.

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2013, 10:19:48 pm »
+5
If you doubt the seriousness of my words, I direct you to the leadership of Acre, FCC, Frisia, and Occitan. We have concluded agreements with all of them and they can confirm the veracity of my next statement:

Ravens of Valhalla value our agreements above all things. We hold to them, even when it does not benefit us because we believe to have a treaty/agreement all parties must respect one another.

Just popping in to say that these Raven fellows aren't your average everyday nerds. They're...ADVANCED NERDS. They play strategus like it's a 4X grand strategy game while most people play it to put the people they dislike in the dirt.

The following picture sums up our relationship with Ravens as well:

(click to show/hide)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline HungryNBroke

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
  • Are you going to eat that?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Hungry_, Stick_, Hellequin_, Peggy_Hill
  • IRC nick: HungryNBroke
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2013, 10:49:17 pm »
When a new leader is elected it does not make up for past transgressions made in that nation's empire's name.  When the Third Reich fell, the new leaders of Germany were still held responsible for their nation's actions in WWII. So you should not be asking for a clean slate because none will be granted. Instead you should be asking how you can make amends for your nations empire's crimes.

Offline Krosis

• Count
  • Renown: 166
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2013, 10:57:40 pm »
    My good sir, I share your feelings for honoring agreements.  I would personally go to war for an ally no matter the consequences, no matter the enemy.  You see the same HoC, under the rule of Bonesaw and his armies, and Almerra in his hands.  Yes, Almerra does lie in his possession, for it is his right to own it; but possession of Almerra does not dictate our ruler.  Bonesaw offered to turn over Almerra to another, but I for one would rather honor his right to his castle as the founder of my beloved clan.  But I must ask you, what about our armies suggests Bonesaw leads them? The decision to attack Unuzdaq and Amashke was made by Jona and myself.  I alone have drawn up the plans of attack and will be commanding the sieges this evening.  Jona and I have handled the diplomacy surrounding the current conflict.  How then is this the same HoC? Led by a different command, decisions made by different people, diplomacy handled mainly by myself...I do not see what you see. But, if indeed you wish to have it proved to you, then I ask you hold off on your assault; you, Raven, and all others affiliated with you, and well as the rest of the waiting and watching world.  I know there is already a casualty count on the forums waiting to be tallied for the entitled "HoC vs. Chaos and Raven-Dracul Coalition"; I may make some sad by saying I will do everything I can to prevent such an unfortunate war from occurring. I now look to the leaders of Raven(primarily Turboflex based on your last response, Relit) and Dracul and any others who seek to oppose HoC to be patient while our new clan establishes ourselves. Then, if our future actions suggest we must be opposed, come once more with your armies and do the deed.  Let us first prove ourselves.  Let us test the diplomatic path and attempt to overcome past wrongs.  Give us this opportunity and I swear on my honor and the name of Chulainn you will not be disappointed.  What say you to this?

You're asking for them to back off while you establish yourselves? I'm confused..  You're being hostile. Expect a backlash..

Also, no war in strat is unfortunate.. XP bro.. XP.

Offline Lord_Bernie_of_Voodoo

• Earl
  • Renown: 372
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove Great Lances 2015
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Bernie
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2013, 12:33:30 am »
+1
Come on, guys. Strategus is for XP - not for super serious virtual politics. We're providing XP for the NA community, something that's been lacking as of late. (I believe we can all agree to that.) Being neutral towards everyone, not attacking anyone is boring as hell. No one gives a shit how many fiefs you have as long as your aren't doing anything with your resources.

Offline Krosis

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2013, 01:55:59 am »
Come on, guys. Strategus is for XP - not for super serious virtual politics. We're providing XP for the NA community, something that's been lacking as of late. (I believe we can all agree to that.) Being neutral towards everyone, not attacking anyone is boring as hell. No one gives a shit how many fiefs you have as long as your aren't doing anything with your resources.

This made me giggle after this siege.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2013, 01:58:57 am »
+1
This made me giggle after this siege.

Can't do anything about it when all of NA would rather not sign up for us and lose the free xp. At least half of the (incomplete) roster was full of EU.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2013, 02:09:39 am »
+1
<--- this guy signed up and was not hired.
Leader of BS

Offline Krosis

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2013, 03:41:09 am »
Can't do anything about it when all of NA would rather not sign up for us and lose the free xp. At least half of the (incomplete) roster was full of EU.

There's more than one reason for that.. and it wasn't primetime.. also ^

Offline arowaine

• Duke
  • Renown: 614
  • Infamy: 159
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • http://occitanclan.webs.com/
  • Faction: Occitan
  • Game nicks: Occitan_Arowaine
  • IRC nick: arowaine
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2013, 03:44:32 am »
+2
There's more than one reason for that.. and it wasn't primetime.. also ^

we also say mod is death!!!!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 04:17:30 am by arowaine »
Desire: pls smite FCC 2.0 T.T

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2013, 04:01:04 am »
+7
sadly im stuck at work or i woulda come. it is depressing that after everyone has been so annoyed at the lack of xp they couldn't be bothered to help fill a roster. When the rosters are that lopsided everyone loses.