Author Topic: So you think you can throw?  (Read 846 times)

Offline TwingeCrag

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Don't call my name.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Jolly Knight
  • Game nicks: LLJK_FERNANDO FRED_PIRATE_BRO
So you think you can throw?
« on: May 13, 2011, 03:52:40 am »
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 04:32:18 am by TwingeCrag »
I'm not your babe.

Offline Sharky

• Knight
  • Renown: 44
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Legione Italica
  • Game nicks: LEGIO_Sharkyborn_Sharkatron Legio_Lollia_Paolina Legio_Sharkatrower Legio_SharkaNukes
Re: So you think you can throw?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 04:20:35 am »
I like them, funny drawings!
But i agree with the plated guy, trowers deserved the nerf.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 04:23:07 am by Sharky »

Offline Native_ATS

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 04:24:36 am »
ewwww.... no not like this they dont... why can u use all that gear but throwers cant?   ugh there is soo much bs about throwing, it was just over nerffed, better off to just use the xbow or bows now

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 04:24:54 am »
LOL that shit is too funny.  I feel for the lil guy as I was a thrower last gen.  They just need to increase the WPP penalty for heavy armor so armored tanks cant be doing ranged damage.  No reason why skirmishers should be nerfed into oblivion.  Throwing weapons were EVERYWHERE in medieval combat.

Offline Cheap_Shot

• Count
  • Renown: 244
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 04:31:11 am »
plate wearers dominate right now with no hope of stopping most of them. Throwers at least made them hesitate a few seconds before lobbing off the heads of half a team. Now nothing can stop them since they can all seem to run crazy fast and swing like lightening. This mod has become "watch a single guy in plate murder dozens of people every round", since every other playstyle keeps getting nerfed into the ground.
I'll throw even when the weapons are gone. I can always throw punches and throw up.

Offline Taggerung

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2011, 04:50:32 am »
plate wearers dominate right now with no hope of stopping most of them. Throwers at least made them hesitate a few seconds before lobbing off the heads of half a team. Now nothing can stop them since they can all seem to run crazy fast and swing like lightening. This mod has become "watch a single guy in plate murder dozens of people every round", since every other playstyle keeps getting nerfed into the ground.

+1

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2011, 09:59:38 am »
I went throwing for about 3 mil xp worth of it, just to see if it was as useless as people were saying it was. Before I even started the build I expected to retire early. I used 105 wpf in throwing and 4 PT while maining a Two-Hander, the way I think throwing should be used. I was able to use it rather effectively, and had I used a hammer instead, at higher PT I could have been more deadly with throwing. War Darts with this wpf are every bit as accurate as archery is in close to medium range. I could stop moving, throw and hit an enemy archer with pretty good consistency from about 40 feet away. It's a pretty big advantage if you hit a Two-Hander/Polearm user before your melee fight.

Except that the longbow has been buffed twice now. Before .223 the longbow was already doing a lot of damage to plate, now it does even more. Throwing might have gotten nerfed, but the Longbow has essentially replaced throwing as a plate predator.

I'm not saying throwing is in a perfect position right now, I really don't think it is. But the amount of whining I have seen, doesn't seem justifiable.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 10:02:01 am by Tydeus »
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Cheap_Shot

• Count
  • Renown: 244
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2011, 10:51:59 am »
I went throwing for about 3 mil xp worth of it, just to see if it was as useless as people were saying it was. Before I even started the build I expected to retire early. I used 105 wpf in throwing and 4 PT while maining a Two-Hander, the way I think throwing should be used. I was able to use it rather effectively, and had I used a hammer instead, at higher PT I could have been more deadly with throwing. War Darts with this wpf are every bit as accurate as archery is in close to medium range. I could stop moving, throw and hit an enemy archer with pretty good consistency from about 40 feet away. It's a pretty big advantage if you hit a Two-Hander/Polearm user before your melee fight.

Except that the longbow has been buffed twice now. Before .223 the longbow was already doing a lot of damage to plate, now it does even more. Throwing might have gotten nerfed, but the Longbow has essentially replaced throwing as a plate predator.

I'm not saying throwing is in a perfect position right now, I really don't think it is. But the amount of whining I have seen, doesn't seem justifiable.

Your points are valid but they don't invalidate these arguments. If you want to be a hybrid that's fine for you. You can be successful if you don't mind relying more on melee and being done with throwing quickly. Honestly if you want to do that you might as well grab a crossbow since they dont require any wpf as apposed to throwing which requires a lot. The problem is people who enjoy throwing and want to play pure throwers have been told their playstyle is no longer viable. This game should be diverse. It's great that bows got buffed and can start to take on plate. That's wonderful for bow users who have had a hard time with nerfs. It doesn't make me feel better as a thrower, just because some other class has been buffed so they can do what I used to be able to. If you read over all the changes that have been made to throwing, you will understand just how hard it has been hit by the recent patches. No one is crying or whining here, just stating that the nerfs to their playstyle have gotten out of hand. You are a good player and know your stuff. I've played with you on the NA servers quite a lot and you've earned my respect, but saying things like "the amount of whining I have seen" to describe the legitimate arguments of other players makes you seem childish.
I'll throw even when the weapons are gone. I can always throw punches and throw up.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2011, 10:59:59 am »

Confirmed D: Got shot for 3/4 HP yesterday in kuyak and 5 IF. And the guy was fast, so I'm guessing he wasn't using a full strength/PD build (no speed bonus). Longbow is freaking deadly.