Author Topic: Buff +1 and +2 Items  (Read 956 times)

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
Re: Buff +1 and +2 Items
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2013, 07:26:52 pm »
+1
I think this would have been a good idea initially, but not now.  I think there is a little too much emphasis on pixel crack in Crpg and not enough about individual skill and character specialization.  If +1's and +2's are more important than getting to +3, then it would have made a lot more sense for me to put my limited loompoints into +1'ing more items rather than masterworking a select few.

It is nice (for keeping a playerbase) that looms give you an advantage, because it keeps people grinding and playing (rather than playing for fun and possibly getting bored and leaving...but that's very similar to work or a task).  But at the same time, that hurdle can keep people from downloading the game, or sticking with it once they have it.  So I can't really say if looms have helped the population or hurt it.

I personally would have preferred if there were no looms in game, but that's just me.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Vermilion

• Count
  • Renown: 208
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vermilion
  • IRC nick: Vermilion
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2013, 07:28:12 pm »
@Vermillion - Who cares if someone has 90 or more +1 looms.  They can only use 5-9 of them at once and after that is is just about extra choices.

If you read the rest of the post I explain that.

It will reduce the value of the looms to the point where everyone will be running around with a complete +1 set... Which completely removes the purpose of the loom. You might as well just improve all the weapon stats by +2/3 and remove the loom system.

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2013, 08:56:01 pm »
+1
Reset everything. Peasant wars. Much more fun