Poll

What do you think of dueling with a friend at the end of a round ?

I do not see where is the problem.
80 (56.3%)
This is a problem
62 (43.7%)

Total Members Voted: 142

Author Topic: End round dueling ?  (Read 2787 times)

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • Renown: 476
  • Infamy: 288
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deathcore,Djentcore,Deathmetal,Brutal,Slam
  • Game nicks: Growling,Grunting,Screaming,Squeeling
  • IRC nick: Fuck I love it.
Re: End round dueling ?
« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2013, 10:14:17 am »
I actualy enjoy seeing good HA´s being last alive.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline peter_afca7

• Count
  • Renown: 224
  • Infamy: 113
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BLABLA
  • Game nicks: BLABLABLA
« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2013, 10:30:50 am »
/remove\

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2013, 12:38:08 pm »
+8
It is unlikely, but your team could need both you and the friend you're teamkilling.

So what ?

"The team" is the supreme and absolute goal now.

Liberate yourself from the mental oppression of the multiplier, games are for fun. Winning and good play is only a part of that.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2013, 07:03:13 pm »
So what ?

"The team" is the supreme and absolute goal now.

Liberate yourself from the mental oppression of the multiplier, games are for fun. Winning and good play is only a part of that.

The goal of battle is to kill the other team and/or raise MOTF.  That's the objective.  People get enjoyment out of many different aspects of the game, and choose to play for many different reasons.  That doesn't change the objective of the game mode.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Akynos

• Earl
  • Renown: 369
  • Infamy: 157
  • cRPG Player
  • Is now an agiwhore :*(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Skono, Rollmops
« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2013, 08:14:46 pm »
Woah woah woah, what's with all those yellow cubes folks? I didn't know chadz went on a recruiting frenzy ! :p

On topic: What admins said, I personnally never TK someone or if do, I use fists ( generally speaking you have less chances of getting kicked for TK if you use your fists as they are not taken as serious weapons)
So if you want to have a fight with a teammate, be a man and use your hands !
Kudos to Kulin_Ban for the video

Offline Kelugarn

• Marshall
  • Renown: 936
  • Infamy: 79
  • #̪͎̳̭̰͓͙ͯ͗̇͘ͅͅ1̢ͨ̈̆̓ͮ͐̌͏̪̦͓̣ ̽̇ͫ҉̸͕̻͙͖̮̹ͅN̡̥̭͖͙ͮ͊͡
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
  • Game nicks: Froyo The Wizard
  • IRC nick: #FreeArys2012
« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2013, 05:08:36 am »
+2
I've seen plenty of rounds that come down to 10+ vs 1 where 6+ of those 10+ TK/TW each other to the point where that last man standing on the opposing team simply one-shots the remaining players and wins the round. Your "having fun" with your friends shouldn't result in the other 20/30/50+ people on your team losing the round because you decided to play grab-ass when you thought victory was in the bag.

It's an especially bad idea against a HX who could avoid damage while you teamkill your friends and then blow you a way in one or two shots for an easy win.

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2013, 09:52:19 am »
I've seen plenty of rounds that come down to 10+ vs 1 where 6+ of those 10+ TK/TW each other to the point where that last man standing on the opposing team simply one-shots the remaining players and wins the round. Your "having fun" with your friends shouldn't result in the other 20/30/50+ people on your team losing the round because you decided to play grab-ass when you thought victory was in the bag.

It's an especially bad idea against a HX who could avoid damage while you teamkill your friends and then blow you a way in one or two shots for an easy win.

Why are you blaming the duelling players ?

1) The game is horribly unfair in design as your reward depends on the success of the whole team instead of your own contribution.
2) If you really want to blame players, at least blame the dickhead delaying the round.

The goal of battle is to kill the other team and/or raise MOTF.  That's the objective.  People get enjoyment out of many different aspects of the game, and choose to play for many different reasons.  That doesn't change the objective of the game mode.

Yes that doesn't change the objective of the game mode, which is still not a compelling reason to follow it at all costs including fun.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2013, 03:42:14 pm »
I've seen the light, you and your friends fun trumps the other 90 people in the server.

:rolleyes:

My god man, use some critical thinking skills.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #53 on: September 18, 2013, 05:45:42 pm »
+1
Exclusively play siege like me, and you don't have to ever deal with the dilemma of how to suitably pass the time while you wait for a delaying HX to die.

And the preferred way to troll your clanmates on siege is to shield shove them off a high wall. Not technically teamwounding, and also more hilarious than duels.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #54 on: September 18, 2013, 07:32:22 pm »
2) If you really want to blame players, at least blame the dickhead delaying the round.

It isn't delaying when you are playing your class.

But let me get this straight, 12 players on a team, yet none of them have ANY range to kill that HX?

That means

1: All the threads about the vast hordes of ranged infesting the servers are out and out lies.
2: Ranged has been gimped so badly that they can't even survive until end round.
3: Those 12 melee couldn't be assed to protect their ranged until the HX/HA menace had been eliminated.
4: The remaining ranged suck balls.
5: 3-4 all true, However likely #3 is truest of all.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 18, 2013, 07:47:21 pm »

But let me get this straight, 12 players on a team, yet none of them have ANY range to kill that HX?

That means

1: All the threads about the vast hordes of ranged infesting the servers are out and out lies.
2: Ranged has been gimped so badly that they can't even survive until end round.
3: Those 12 melee couldn't be assed to protect their ranged until the HX/HA menace had been eliminated.

How you can draw all those conclusions with 1 example of a round end I don't know

1-3 can be eliminated by simply observing that this is not a typical round end scenario. Typically you don't have 1 HA/HX riding around against 12 melee with zero counters available. The HA/HX that does survive towards the end will have been focusing on killing his counters first (or melee/cav already killed them), then you get situations were you just have melee defending with shields or hiding behind stuff until the guy rides too close to someone, he dismounts (the gentleman's course), he gets shot or flags spawn.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 07:51:16 pm by Grumbs »
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 19, 2013, 10:20:16 am »
+1

Don't bend my words, I call that whatever I like. Even hiding behind a corner as melee counts as "playing your class", but it's still delaying, and still a douchebag move.

That means

Actually about #3 I enjoy the idea that many melee and cav players don't defend ranged because they hope it will push them towards a class that doesn't ruin the game for the other players. Of course, they forget about the possibility of switching to HA or HX.

Anyway anectodal events are anectodal events. Ranged are mechanically harder to kill than melee, and in the general case there's a bigger proportion of ranged at the end of a round than at the beginning.