Author Topic: By nerfing archery you are breaking the game (+ solution for kiting)  (Read 5165 times)

Offline Tindel

• Earl
  • Renown: 333
  • Infamy: 238
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tindel
Re: By nerfing archery you are breaking the game (+ solution for kiting)
« Reply #105 on: March 25, 2013, 04:41:31 pm »
Carrying a shield makes no significant difference though. Ranged players gifted with a brain will wait until you are forced to turn your back/side on them. Also you are forced to block and be pinned down. Blocking projectiles after they are shot only works with throwing.

I know, i was trying to be funny :(

Offline tortoul

• Knight
  • Renown: 52
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: STRanger
« Reply #106 on: August 01, 2013, 11:37:19 pm »
Nordwolf, sorry, i use thread in order not to spam threads.
i've been playing  for an year, and now returned to archery. and what i see: no difference between rank0 and rank3 arrows, except the number of arrows o_O
no improvement in bow damage with ranks (but it's ok) bows messed up. bow is better than tatar etc
and i couldnt find complains on forum (i actually didnt lookfor them so carefully)
the question is: are these changes (in arow ranking mainly) normal to archers? what do they think of this? and will there be othe changes that will bring back the old conditions?
sorry for bad english
Up onto the overturned keel. Clamber, with a heart of steel.
Cold is the ocean's spray. And your death is on its way.
With maidens you have had your way...
Each must die some day.

Offline Nordwolf

• Earl
  • Renown: 492
  • Infamy: 46
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Nordwolf, 4 other Nordwolfs, Wolf_in_the_Van Victory, Earngrim, Core, Farewell, Akaio_BlackSpear +**
« Reply #107 on: August 01, 2013, 11:54:42 pm »
Well, considering the amount of changes that has been done to archers since this topic, it's a bit outdated.
Archery became (not really) the kind of force that was weak alone but strong in a group - archery is now not limited to 28+ lvl players because "bad" bows are now better.

Though I still think that arrow weight is a much worse solution then the one in this topic ^^
Doubt they will change it though, everything is moving very slow atm and don't really know what they think atm (and by them I mean Paul or Tydeus, as most of the team are working on a new game)

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #108 on: August 01, 2013, 11:57:06 pm »
Nordwolf, sorry, i use thread in order not to spam threads.
i've been playing  for an year, and now returned to archery. and what i see: no difference between rank0 and rank3 arrows, except the number of arrows o_O
no improvement in bow damage with ranks (but it's ok) bows messed up. bow is better than tatar etc
and i couldnt find complains on forum (i actually didnt lookfor them so carefully)
the question is: are these changes (in arow ranking mainly) normal to archers? what do they think of this? and will there be othe changes that will bring back the old conditions?
sorry for bad english

The damage as it is now is what the loomed bows and arrows did pre-patch. It was a minor buff to archers with looms and a major buff to archers without looms.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline tortoul

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 02, 2013, 12:08:37 am »
The damage as it is now is what the loomed bows and arrows did pre-patch. It was a minor buff to archers with looms and a major buff to archers without looms.
yap. no point to loom arrows. loomed archers are now in the bad i think. but +3 arrows are still in demand, wtf
Each must die some day.

Offline Nordwolf

• Earl
  • Renown: 492
  • Infamy: 46
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Nordwolf, 4 other Nordwolfs, Wolf_in_the_Van Victory, Earngrim, Core, Farewell, Akaio_BlackSpear +**
« Reply #110 on: August 02, 2013, 12:10:13 am »
Oh you're all into looming stuff....

I have 1 mw and I'm fine :D

Offline tortoul

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 02, 2013, 12:18:47 am »
:) in times when i was one of the archers, they needed loomed stuff the most. i'm not in love with +3, but archers realy needed them. other way they'd kill nobody. now i need only a bow)) and i can get it selling my 2 lps) i dont play much so my lvl 32 was gained in 1 year))
Each must die some day.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #112 on: August 02, 2013, 02:02:58 am »
+1
If you use 2 stacks of bodkins, then looming arrows won't matter much, true. However, using a 2 slot bow with 1 stack of arrows and a 1 slot weapon is more viable than before, and with such a build, looming arrows would be mandatory.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.