Author Topic: Charge on "light" horses is pretty weak now  (Read 1949 times)

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
Re: Charge on "light" horses is pretty weak now
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2013, 09:35:19 pm »
+1
I'm sorry but I didn't understand anything from this thread. If I ride over someone, I always do (back in the day). Never had any problems with it. How exactly do you get blocked by someone?

By going anything less than a gallop. Bump into someone. They stop your horse like a concrete pole. If you charge attack someone against a rock and your horse stops, you can't just ride off. If the enemy player is within about 70-80 degrees of the front of your horse, it will not move. You almost have to rotate 180 degrees away to ride off, else it is like you are trying to ride through a wall.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2013, 11:21:08 pm »
Don't see you complaining about unarmoured horses with jarids stuck in their neck riding around like it's just a mosquito bite.

What is supposed to be human beings can eat half dozen solid sword hits without dying, I think horses should be able to do better (tip : they do worse)

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2013, 12:02:12 am »
+1
People are having quite a different  experience than me, then. My +3 Rouncey takes tons of hits before going down, and I can bump without too much difficulty. When I do bump someone, my horse does get stuck for a second, causing my teammates to hit my horse a lot of times, though. That's pretty much it. However, it's hard to tell if I am stuck or just that weird teleport glitch causing lag.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2013, 12:13:30 am »
What is supposed to be human beings can eat half dozen solid sword hits without dying, I think horses should be able to do better (tip : they do worse)
Are you claiming cav in c-rpg take less hits than players when not colliding with a weapon at full speed? (besides the really extra light ones)
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2013, 09:43:43 am »
New gameplay for archers: don't kite any more, but equip a melee weapon, stand ground and fight.
New gameplay for crossbowmen: don't equip so much equipment any more that you are both a good ranged and a decent melee build.
New gameplay for infantry in general: you can't turn and rotate like a helicopter any more when attacking vertically.
New gameplay for horses: you can't use your horse to deal damage or knock down people any more, only use it as a means of transportation to* get to your enemy, attack him and get away again.

If cavalry were gangstas, they used to drive over somebody and shoot him in the process. Now they are forced to do driveby-shootings, to not damage their pimped car.

* to = ride NEXT to him, don't touch him. Group of people? Stay away from them, same rule like for any other class which is outnumbered.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2013, 10:18:17 am »
Are you claiming cav in c-rpg take less hits than players when not colliding with a weapon at full speed? (besides the really extra light ones)

If you play properly (aka hitting their legs), yes. And it is pretty evident.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2013, 11:41:54 am »
By going anything less than a gallop. Bump into someone. They stop your horse like a concrete pole. If you charge attack someone against a rock and your horse stops, you can't just ride off. If the enemy player is within about 70-80 degrees of the front of your horse, it will not move. You almost have to rotate 180 degrees away to ride off, else it is like you are trying to ride through a wall.
I never had this problem :?

Maybe you're moving too slow, or maybe the problem is only on NA servers or with low riding skill?
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2013, 03:05:10 pm »
+1
I never had this problem :?

Maybe you're moving too slow, or maybe the problem is only on NA servers or with low riding skill?
Try reading what he wrote again. He is starting from standing still and trying to push through enemies.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2013, 04:25:15 pm »
+1
Oh my bad. Now I see the problem.

Well that is something hardcoded in warband engine probably. The horses were never intended to be so weak charge-wise and manuever-wise.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2013, 04:38:29 pm »
It happened yesterday when I was on a champion destrier I corralled from the battlefield.  I was on completely flat ground going full speed, knocked over the first guy, and came to a complete stop on the 2nd guy behind him.  With 6 riding.

It is a problem for me, I just try to avoid running over more than one person on my horse.  And honestly, I wouldn't mind if they made the damage from horse bumping back to native levels (basically does no damage) if my horse didn't come to a complete stop every time they brushed past a person who weighs 4 or 5 times less than my horse.  But even running over one person right now is pretty dangerous because of how much your horse gets slowed down.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2013, 05:06:31 pm »
Also, now most bumps knock people over (using heavy horses at least). While that may sound like a buff to cav, it basically makes bumpslashing impossible.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2013, 05:52:37 pm »
+3
I always wonder why people people think their class should make them...

... damage other players...
... break their block...
... knock them down...
... do all those things to several enemies simultaneously, like some kind of weird Area-effect-horse-bomb...

for the price of a few points riding skill, horse upkeep (which does not hurt people who are trading on the market) and the enormous skill requirement of... pressing [W]?
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)