Author Topic: Best eq for that build?  (Read 2149 times)

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
Re: Best eq for that build?
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2013, 08:11:53 am »
+1
The other problem is that 18/24 shielder (especially with no ironflesh) is much worse than 24/18 shielder in strategus battles where you are part of a shield wall. I would consistently die faster than my allies. And sitting in line with +7 shield skill from shield wall makes your high athletics and high shield skill a waste of points.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline bavvoz

• Earl
  • Renown: 323
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Bavvo
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2013, 10:00:10 am »
with that build i would myself wanna try some hit n run style with one of the better stabbing swords :)

Offline Wynz

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2013, 12:37:34 pm »
Thanks for answers

The other problem is that 18/24 shielder (especially with no ironflesh) is much worse than 24/18 shielder in strategus battles where you are part of a shield wall. I would consistently die faster than my allies. And sitting in line with +7 shield skill from shield wall makes your high athletics and high shield skill a waste of points.

What shielder build would u recommend for strategus? i could try it in next gen

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2013, 08:53:12 pm »
I'd recommend a 21/18 or 24/15 shielder build for strategus. Level up IF, PS, Ath, Shield. Any extra points can go into weapon mastery - get your 1h up to 150+ or become a hybrid with some wpf in polearms or crossbows.

Some maps in strategus are okay for a 18/24 shielder, but most of the time you will be standing in a shieldwall and being a big pile of meat is better than going fast.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Wynz

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2013, 10:08:24 pm »
How much in shield would be just enough? 4? I'll try to make some build and paste it here

would that build work as a shielder for strategus?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 11:30:17 pm by Wynz »

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2013, 08:42:39 am »
That is one of the most balanced shielder builds. It's good for strategus, good for battle, good for siege, good for duel. The only reason I chose higher agility was that I really love being able to dance around your opponents in duels and being able to cover ground in the battle server to aid allies.

If you have never been a shielder before, 21/18 or 24/15 is probably your best choice. Try out builds on a skip the fun character to see what you like best!

Offline deVada

• Vulgar
  • Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
  • banned CRPG until cancelled
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: OdiProfanumVulgus
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2013, 04:32:28 pm »
+1
Well, as a shielder since beta I would recommend AGI builds (18/24 is optimal imho). You don't need to do any feints, spam or do too much dancing.
Just wait for your enemy to make mistake and kill him with a precise blow. This is also the build which gives a chance to kill any other player in 1 vs 1 engagement.

For weapons - in sieges or town battles (where you must fight in tight formation or in a crowd) use short weapon like warhammer or steel pick or broad axe. Use medium or heavy armor to protect you from teammates (shield will protect you from the enemies).

On open areas elite scimitar is proven to be deadly, even against tincans (thus you must slash them few times). It has incredible speed and tricky animations. Light (up to 15 weight) or ultra light (up to 10) armor is suggested.

Without the speed you won't be able to use higher STR because it would be almost impossible to hit a skilled player in 1 vs 1 with any weapon. Keep in mind, that some ppl here probably do better with blocking than with the fork usage in the real life - so forget about low AGI if you want to kill them.

Other matter are enemy shielders. If you ever meet a guy like kinnrimm (RIP) with ping 10, agi 30, shield 10 and everything +3 you will realize that speed is the key. No matter how strong you are he will block everything you aim at him and stab you in the back while facehugging ya. Even 10 ms ping differences matter.

Also in 1 vs 6 fight speed and shield is your only chance to kill them all or at least few.
Shield 5 or 6 is minimum for sieges (especially if you are defending), for open areas 4 will be enough.

If thinking about strat build - well - if you want frags go 2h or pikemen or cav :) Shielders are to protect them.

Ofc any build / weapon is good to kill newbies or peasants.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 07:43:19 pm by deVada »

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2013, 07:16:15 pm »
With 24 AGI I'd say don't use an armor heavier than 12, but with one of the heaviest gauntlet types. About head armor, anything is good but weight 3 or above is probably too much. Keep your leg armor under weight 2.

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2013, 07:54:14 pm »
I use the following rule of thumb:

Athletics-(total equipment weight/7) should be greater than 3

It's not exact, but 7kg is roughly equivalent to losing an Athletics point. I find that below an "effective" athletics of 3, archers are able to outrun you, ninjas can easily dart outside your reach during fights, you can't catch people from behind, and in general you just feel "slow". 2h/pole can obviously make up for being slow with superior reach, but I find 3 "effective" athletics to be a threshold for 1h.

For you, that probably means body armor <16kg or so. If you are using a pick/hammer or other short weapon, you probably need to be even faster, although with an aggressive playstyle, short weapons can be effective with low athletics also (see Turboflex/Demento).