Author Topic: Make DTV forbidden until chadz make it harder to play.  (Read 4418 times)

Offline Lars

• Earl
  • Renown: 346
  • Infamy: 34
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
Re: Make DTV forbidden until chadz make it harder to play.
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2011, 01:22:35 am »
Forest hideout seems to be the most balanced map at the moment.

I snobbed that map thinking it was too easy,but after some tests it seems quite good, bots don't get stuck and haven't found a spot they can't reach atm.

Offline IG_Saint

• Count
  • Renown: 196
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: IG
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2011, 01:55:04 am »
There are a couple of places, but with an admin keeping watch it's definitely the most balanced map. We really need to get some dtv specific maps though.

Offline Ronan

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Phoenix Company
  • Game nicks: Ronan PxC
« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2011, 02:23:42 am »
Theres quite a few map makers who would love to make some maps for this, but we have to be able to play for a while to have any idea what would be good. Not to mention: what the hell are the spawn points for it? Each type of game play seems to have a little different way to lay out spawns... Right now quite a few mappers (scene editors) are focusing on CTF maps but we dont know the spawns for them either so theyre still incomplete maps right now. And what is Rabbit? We needed to know these things a LONG time ago. If we did there would be plenty of maps for each new game mode ready to be tested.

Any help would be great and iif you could post these "helpful" info in the map editing thread that would be great, Thanks

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2011, 03:54:22 am »
Its not x5 all the time, but it is abit unbalanced. Its not a problem though game is about fun not grind, the only problem is lack of slots on DTV servers.

edit: just read that its 1/3'd
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 04:18:14 am by Banok »

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2011, 12:02:07 am »
 I played on eu6 when dtv was on, new system of xp/gold is quite better, you just win what you need to upkeep your equip, fun still goes on.

Some improvement are needed (for more fun!!) and dedicated map, but overall it's a nice mod where teamwork is more instinctive, could be good for clan training (dunno really, i'm not in a clan...) as the enemy's actions are repeated, this allows a real training (as training is based on repetition of action to become a reflex imo).

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2011, 01:25:35 am »
I suggest everyone head over and try the Full Invasion mod (or at least look at it).
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,181.0.html

That's were this game mode come from and there are a lot of nice, balanced and working maps there. There was a thread there with screens of the maps but i cant find it now.

Anyway, there you can see how this is supposed to be.

Oh and also i say xp/2 or xp/2.5 Im gonna play this for fun, but would still like some rewards for it.
Also, damn, why are we still disconnected from the database?
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia