Author Topic: Making Spathion 0 Slot Mistake.  (Read 2290 times)

Offline poikakoira

• Knight
  • Renown: 58
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ROBINHuuD
  • IRC nick: whatt?
Re: Making Spathion 0 Slot Mistake.
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2013, 04:13:59 pm »
I dont use it atm because it feels like bugusing. I am quite certain it will be changed to 1 slot soon.

Anyway, I like the broad short WAY more. Looks hella cool and 28p at 102 speed is just crazy. I went 11 - 3 with just a the broad short and light armor yesterday on EU1 with my 21 1H wpf archer build. ( Ok, I picked up a bow from the ground to kill 2 peasants ... )

they should now just stop nerfing .i would like to loom spathion sword but when i get it to +3 they will nerf it to slot 1.. i dont care is it bug or not its damn good :D
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 04:19:53 pm by poikakoira »

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2013, 04:20:06 pm »
they should now just stop nerfing, all time.i would like to loom spathion sword but when i get it to +3 they will nerf it to slot 1.. i dont care is it bug or not its damn good :D

I have no official information about it but I HIGHLY doubt that its gonna stay 0 slot. Look at the other new 0 slot weapons, they are short-ish and this makes sense. The spathion is a 0 slot copy of the KAS with 102 lenght. So I would definitly not loom it if you want a 0 slot weapon  :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tovi

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 251
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: OdE
  • Game nicks: KrisTovi
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2013, 04:25:13 pm »
0 slots is justified for short falchion (wich is very good weapon), not for 1 meter sword.
Plus : this this the heaviest 1h sword !!!

Longest+heaviest = 0 slot  :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Offline poikakoira

• Knight
  • Renown: 58
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ROBINHuuD
  • IRC nick: whatt?
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2013, 04:35:58 pm »
I have no official information about it but I HIGHLY doubt that its gonna stay 0 slot. Look at the other new 0 slot weapons, they are short-ish and this makes sense. The spathion is a 0 slot copy of the KAS with 102 lenght. So I would definitly not loom it if you want a 0 slot weapon  :P

well anyway i dont tell spathion is only one there, others slot 0 are good too, just telling that archery is getting more interesting now when you can actually fight back if you got some ps, couse old slot 0 weapons were so short it was little hard.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2013, 04:39:14 pm »
+1
Yep. Went boardsword and longbow on my alt aswell. It looks like a pretty awesomesauce blade. Happy its 0 sloths now.

Offline bredeus

• Earl
  • Renown: 392
  • Infamy: 85
  • there must be Peace
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templars since 1096 AD
  • Game nicks: Templar_Brede
  • IRC nick: Brede
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2013, 10:56:18 pm »
Make all weapon 0 slots and its gonna be fair ;)

Offline Keening

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2013, 11:47:56 pm »
+1
Would be nice to hear from devs will spathion stay slot 0 before people start to loom it?

Read the entire forums before your post.

Offline tuttiritari

• Baron
  • Renown: 106
  • Infamy: 43
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: TUTTIRITARI
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2013, 12:31:41 am »
Read the entire forums before your post.

Not spending my whole life here sorry :D

Offline Kampfkarotte

• Knight
  • Renown: 56
  • Infamy: 26
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: GK, Kapikulu
  • Game nicks: WARLORD, Kegorus
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2013, 07:11:19 pm »
It seems that the guys, who decide how the stats of weapons are, are playing roulette. I bought a Spathion and planned my xbow cav character with light crossbow(2)+2*steel bolts(1)+spathion(0)=4 slots. Finally i got 13 STR with lvl 25 and loomed spathion to MW, then i see - BÄM - it has one slot  :evil: :evil: :evil:
Nice i thought, just gave my loom points away for a shit which is absolutely useless now, cause ARABIAN CAV SWORD, which has HALF of the repair costs and 2 DAMAGE MORE and also 1 slot is far better now than spathion.
chadz or whoever did this cant be serious, first they make a OP weapon, then they make it UP.
They could have either nerfed the dmg a bit or speed but when they make 0 to 1 slot and the other stats stay the same, the weapon gets useless.

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2013, 07:32:47 pm »
Crpg lesson 1. Never loom clearly op items after a patch.

What did you expect  :lol:
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Berserkadin

• Duke
  • Renown: 592
  • Infamy: 145
    • View Profile
  • Faction: -
  • Game nicks: Krewl_The_Urist_Fox
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2013, 12:58:07 pm »
+2
It seems that the guys, who decide how the stats of weapons are, are playing roulette. I bought a Spathion and planned my xbow cav character with light crossbow(2)+2*steel bolts(1)+spathion(0)=4 slots. Finally i got 13 STR with lvl 25 and loomed spathion to MW, then i see - BÄM - it has one slot  :evil: :evil: :evil:
Nice i thought, just gave my loom points away for a shit which is absolutely useless now, cause ARABIAN CAV SWORD, which has HALF of the repair costs and 2 DAMAGE MORE and also 1 slot is far better now than spathion.
chadz or whoever did this cant be serious, first they make a OP weapon, then they make it UP.
They could have either nerfed the dmg a bit or speed but when they make 0 to 1 slot and the other stats stay the same, the weapon gets useless.
Spathion is fine after it got fixed, you where just stupid enough to try and abuse a clear mistake and then you paid the price for it.

Offline Kampfkarotte

• Knight
  • Renown: 56
  • Infamy: 26
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: GK, Kapikulu
  • Game nicks: WARLORD, Kegorus
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2013, 02:15:53 am »
Spathion is fine after it got fixed, you where just stupid enough to try and abuse a clear mistake and then you paid the price for it.
You dont need to be that polite mister. I waited some time then i loomed it ofc i knew the risk it could get 1 slot back. What I wanted to say is that its not smart to make OP weapons and then nerf them some days later. But obviously youre stupid enough not to understand this.

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2013, 05:30:25 pm »
+1
With all the whine aimed at horse xbows, you had to think the last thing the devs would do is gift them the option to bumpslash as effectively as a dedicated 1h cav.

It was obvious from the beginning that the intent of the 1h 0slot changes was so archers and xbows could carry top-tier short swords, not so that horse xbowmen could double as 1h cav without penalty.