Author Topic: Suggestion: Re-arrange equipment list to allow access to siege gear  (Read 697 times)

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
Problem:  You can't access the bottom items if you have too many types of weapons/equipment for your side in a battle/siege. 

My suggestion is an attempt to bypass the issues with siege equipment being inaccessible when you have too many weapons/equipment (on the right side of the gear selection).

Since I don't know if they can just up the # of items accessible, maybe a better solution would be to move siege equipment from the bottom of the list, to the top of the list?  Looking for dev's to let us know if this is even possible, and to get suggestions on what order to list the weapons/equipment.  Keep in mind, sometimes the bottom 2 list of items have inaccessible items.

Phantasmal made a good point about ranged weapons not being as critical, but I'm still not 100% sure what the re-ordered list would look like.  I'm open to suggestions, but I think siege equipment is more important than any one of the other weapons (1h/2h/polearms/shields or ranged weapons), and really hurts your side if you can't access construction sites or projectiles for 10-15 minutes into a battle.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
Siege gear should in my opinion be moved to the ranged weapons section, as that's the one with least things, and therefore most likely not to be full.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Phantasmal

• Duke
  • Renown: 510
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Phantasmal_Astralis, The_Ebon_Hawk
  • IRC nick: Phantasmal
I still think ranged should be near or at the bottom for two reasons:

-There is a cap on who can burn range gear. No one but archers/throwers can burn bows/throwing weapons and carrying arrows with you into a battle (with them weighing 10kg and, to the best of my knowledge, cannot be dropped without a bow) will hurt you a lot. Not to mention that burning ammo can be detrimental near the end of the siege since it is not too easy to loot from the enemy (only a few of them have ammo and they are always behind enemy lines).
-Ranged can be semi-effective in melee. Throw them an ashwood and boom you have another cav watcher who can stop horses. Throwing a 2h an arbalest on the other hand makes him mostly worthless due to the insane reload time at 1wpf.
Worst admin ever, horrible person, rude in chat, griefs in game, threatens with kicks and bans if you don't praise him in his admin thread, doesn't worship the goat, and worst of all, uses a crossbow, I suggest instant removal of admin rights and crucifixion.

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
+1
I think it should be first slot so basically ahead of the daggers. I've said it before!

Also allow more than 5 weapons racks, it's just silly and it creates a meta game where the two siege teams are dueling to try and control all the racks and when you pull it off you rape the other team.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
+2
defenders tossing out 5 racks immediately seems pretty shady business
Leader of BS

Offline DUKE DICKBUTT

• Baron
  • Renown: 138
  • Infamy: 119
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
+2
Limit each side to two.  Item boxes should be assigned to the proper teams inventory, that would allow the enemy to steal their gear, if they were sneaky enough.  That's how the construction material storage is.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
Great suggestions, keep em coming (really like the suggestion about construction sites, should probably make a separate thread for that)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy