Author Topic: With all this hate going around...  (Read 925 times)

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
With all this hate going around...
« on: May 02, 2011, 11:56:57 am »
...And yet not a single thread like this?

The patch really helped with balancing. It is really well balanced right now and is a lot more fun to play. There are lots of bugs still and there needs another hotfix and such, but the game itself is really good right now. Nothing seems OP in the slightest and the battles flow really nicely.

As this evolves in the next few weeks I'm sure some people will find something to be the new flavor of the month, but I highly doubt it will be anywhere near the likes of barmace crush-through/throwers and everybody having an xbow on their back.

You guys are doing a wonderful job. Thank you.
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Dravic

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Not playing
  • Game nicks: Not playing
  • IRC nick: Most likely Dravic
Re: With all this hate going around...
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 12:03:08 pm »
Yeah, thank you for stoling my style. I can't use Elite Scimitar with my favourite build, unlike prepatch.

Thank you. Really. Now I have to use worse weapon. But hey, WHY? Was ELITE SCIMITAR OP? NO! YOu just fuckin wanted to steal ability to use Elite Scimitar and MANY other good weapons with AGI builds. WERE AGI BUILDS OP? NO! But of course, you HAD to FUCKIN nerf them FURTHER...

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 12:16:20 pm »
Yeah, thank you for stoling my style. I can't use Elite Scimitar with my favourite build, unlike prepatch.

Thank you. Really. Now I have to use worse weapon. But hey, WHY? Was ELITE SCIMITAR OP? NO! YOu just fuckin wanted to steal ability to use Elite Scimitar and MANY other good weapons with AGI builds. WERE AGI BUILDS OP? NO! But of course, you HAD to FUCKIN nerf them FURTHER...
I can't use my pike on my dedicated pikeman, or awlpike, or other weapons.
I can't use a swiss halberd or similar weapons on my halberd character, or the long pike which I struggled to get such a weapon in the game.

You think I'm not feeling the personal pain too? I have the two of my three characters broken. But guess what, the overall balance is WAY fucking better.
That third one was a peasant I've been leveling up now, currently level 26 and loving it. Hurts man, it hurts. Wish they would have offered re-speccing.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 12:18:14 pm by Marathon »
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 12:29:17 pm »

Respec??  :)
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2011, 01:15:42 pm »

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2011, 01:21:30 pm »
Agreed , thank you cRPG dev team for balancing things out with this patch and for bringing all the new items too, keep up the good work ! This patch is a huge improvement. =)

Offline NuberT

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: NuberT_HRE
  • IRC nick: NuberT_HRE
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2011, 01:32:44 pm »
All in all the patch is very good indeed! And most of the whining is about single items, I am also whining about long maul :mrgreen:

Of course there are things that are a real disappointment (Strategus still offline, langes messer still not working, etc.) but I am in a good hope!

Offline Native_ATS

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2011, 01:45:37 pm »
 :rolleyes:
ya cuz throwing lances werent over nerffed...
cant wear more then 12lb and throw
lances cost 680gold and in a stack of them you get 1...
that 1 lance takes up 2 slots....
so u can bring a max of 2 into the battle
they nerffed damg on them as well... 3x lances do 60p (xbow can do 97p)
Throwing is a joke, cant even throw jarids, they take 3-4 to kill someone.... and u only get 3 in a stack
i cant 1 shot shit...and i have 9pt, i hit people and they just laugh, i hit bowmen and they still stand... and its not like i have anything ells on me, am all str thrower but my weapon cant kill lol might as well just be a xbow nub... idk why xbow where buffed... oh ya cuz they where sooo under power right...

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2011, 02:13:11 pm »
Whiner will keep whining, whatever patch comes out  :wink:

Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2011, 02:27:06 pm »
...And yet not a single thread like this?

The patch really helped with balancing. It is really well balanced right now and is a lot more fun to play. There are lots of bugs still and there needs another hotfix and such, but the game itself is really good right now. Nothing seems OP in the slightest and the battles flow really nicely.

As this evolves in the next few weeks I'm sure some people will find something to be the new flavor of the month, but I highly doubt it will be anywhere near the likes of barmace crush-through/throwers and everybody having an xbow on their back.

You guys are doing a wonderful job. Thank you.

The xbow thing will return if devs dont listen to my suggestion and makes the regular xbow 2 slots.

Anyways dont wanna steal your thread with my own agenda  :wink:.

And yes i agree on everything u said this patch is the best ever and im having ten times more fun during battles due to and extreme drop in hybrids.

Now u can see the sun again thx to 2slot implemented  :lol:

So far good work dev team but plz for god sake start to release patch notes !!!  :mrgreen:
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Magikarp ; Merciless_Charlemagne
  • IRC nick: Magikarp
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2011, 10:53:07 pm »
I don't agree.

First of all, you call it hate, I call it criticism (aka constructive whining) and whining(just whine, not backed with valid arguments).

Secondly, if the devs would've just sticked to adding the Rus armours, the slot system, nerfing the Sidesword, Crushtrough Weapons, Throwing, Huscarl Shield. We would be at a much more balanced situation.

But that's just my opinion. I will always be here to defend what I believe in. but alas, I don't know shit about coding and stuff like that, so my opinion will never be really heard.
Don't mind the fish.

Offline Radix

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • I blind my enemies with pure awesomenes
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Radox_II
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2011, 12:08:20 am »
nerfing the Sidesword, Crushtrough Weapons, Throwing, Huscarl Shield. We would be at a much more balanced situation.

And a thrower with huscarl shield and sidearm hammer would want flamberge,nodachi and cav nerfed. It will never work this way cose poeple just defend their own EQ and thats kind off natural tho.

Thats why I believe that chadz knows what hes doing. He just observes this from the side  not being affected by favaour to any particular weapon, and thats why I believe he knows best wht should be nerfed.

P.S and I think that the slot system is a big WIN. I like the patch.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 12:10:00 am by Radix »

Offline Astinus

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Armata Brancaleone
  • Game nicks: AB_Astinus
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2011, 12:21:02 am »
they nerfed the lolstab