• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
CTF
« on: May 02, 2011, 09:31:21 pm »
Back in autumn of last year chadz told there was a CTF mode in development with some improvements like being able to throw the flag and the flag would be inside a small fortress and so on. So I was all eagerly to play when i saw it mentioned in the patch notes. Never seen a server up with it, though (except for a short time a bugged NA one). I'm not complaining, just very interested whats the status of it and if its still being worked on or if they are problems with it. anybody any news to share? thanks.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Re: CTF
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 09:32:09 pm »
EDIT: Never mind, wheeeeeeeeeee

I like PONIES!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 09:33:13 pm by Tears_of_Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 02:28:39 am »
There weren't any maps made for it in rotation, it was crazy bugged with random flag spawns with hilarity ensuing on many maps.
And XP was erratic between not getting any XP for 30 minutes to suddenly getting 10 minutes worth all at once.

So it isn't on any servers until it works WITH maps made for it.
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Ronan

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Phoenix Company
  • Game nicks: Ronan PxC
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 02:34:55 am »
Ive made two maps specifically for CTF and so have a few othe "mappers" but we dont know what the spawns are yet. When we do Im sure you will start seeing them popping up left and right on the "scene editing" thread. So keep your eyes pealed. :P

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 02:36:23 am »
Ive made two maps specifically for CTF and so have a few othe "mappers" but we dont know what the spawns are yet. When we do Im sure you will start seeing them popping up left and right on the "scene editing" thread. So keep your eyes pealed. :P
Test the spawns on private hosted servers using CTF game mode and get it down correctly.
I don't know what controls it, sorry, but that is how you'll do it unless you already know how.
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011, 10:18:53 am »
thx, that sounds good.

the reason why I'm so eager to play it is because I allways thought it could be fun in Native but you had the standard problems that many went for kills rather to try to win the round. I expect with the current xp system it will work very good.

btw, if I remember correctly there was a 22nd CTF server with some properly designed maps a long time ago. Perhaps they could be of use if still available.