Author Topic: Steel pick 13 str  (Read 4427 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1427
  • Infamy: 2583
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: Steel pick 13 str
« Reply #75 on: February 03, 2013, 01:05:06 pm »
+1
Leshma FU!

also buff Sidesword!

As some people already said, this will be even more deadlier in your hands.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

People can't see it :wink:

One more question, why you never tried Italian Falchion?

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #76 on: February 03, 2013, 01:34:56 pm »
+1
As some people already said, this will be even more deadlier in your hands.

People can't see it :wink:

One more question, why you never tried Italian Falchion?
i tried every 1h weapon, and retried them when there had been changes.
I don't use it because at that time when i choose to go for steel pick, i was badly pissed about the overnerving of Sidesword, but also saw it as a chance to rethink my strategy and tactics within the game and choose a complete different composition, the only thing which didn't change was that i more and more tended to agility based builts as i just liked the possibilities of them more then those of str based builts. Since then there had been several patches who changed the game dynamic, but nothing like the i believe it was .202 patch or .210 not sure. When basicly all my gear was nerved, well not my Leather gear ^^. With that then came also the big respec and well since then i haven't changed my gear, beside the awlpike, not with shield usable anymore and well through the slot system i couldn't carry along my Battleaxe. Overall i don't want always to have the hustle to change my gear, i am more conservative inflexiable in these ways. i am getting used to soemthing and when it works why would i change then. Others say it is boring, i say everyone is always changing because of looks, because it is new, ... but for me it only counts that i can kill stuff and that hopefully fast. That doesn't make the steel pick OP, but i gimped my build onto it and onto my flaws, like ... fuck blocking. If the Steel Pick would get nerved, i would carry another weapon and would need to get into the Lottery to afford a respec as with me closing in for lvl 36, i am not willing to spend another 1 1/2 years grinding the shit out of this game only to reach that level.

Also i get regularly killed by players, "because" of the stats of the steel pick. Folks on EU at least go more and more onto ath, and there we have the backpeddal spam you can't reach anymore easily, how about reducing 2h/polearms ath effectiveness by half, then i would also agree on Steel Pick 13 req.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 07:56:03 pm by kinngrimm »
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Callan

• Knight
  • Renown: 74
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
  • Lone Wolf Is Lonely ]:
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolves
  • Game nicks: Wolves_MegaRambo
  • IRC nick: Callan
« Reply #77 on: February 04, 2013, 03:05:17 pm »
+4
Bet you don't have the balls to change it :D

Trying to fuck over one of the few people with a unique class/play style.

Good game Leshma, Good game.

When I die, bury me face down so the world can kiss my ass.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #78 on: February 04, 2013, 11:09:08 pm »
+1
Yeah, because 1h no shield is so UP :rolleyes:
Leshma, I know you're special in the head but fuck, you've played a 2h greatsworder for ages and gotten to level 35 with it... I personally believe blocking is easy enough for shields to not be worth it whatsoever but give me one good reason (unless your build is wrecked without 2-4 points some other place) for a 1h no shield to not put 2-4 points into shield. A steel pick is one of the best onehanders, it is still shit compared to the average 2h/pole, if I had to choose between a level 30 build of my choice with an unloomed german greatsword and Kinngrimms 35 probably mostly loomed 1h char for a battle with a real prize I'd take the german any day of the week.
Oh yeah, and from the few times I've seen Kinngrimm with his shield broken he's a far better player than you despite his slightly insecure blocking.

(this rant isn't directed at the particular quoted post, just read this and act like I bothered copypasting it whenever you write something)
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 04:58:01 pm by Zlisch_The_Butcher »
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.