Author Topic: 8=====D  (Read 1423 times)

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: 8=====D
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2013, 11:11:50 am »
+1
Maybe if you are atrocious at Cavalry, any semi-competent cav beats any other class 1v1 if they have a weapon shorter than a long awlpike.
I am willing to disprove this point any day.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2013, 11:22:30 am »
I am willing to disprove this point any day.

i didnt want to get into the NA shit again,  so I am most pleased to read this.  +1 good sir.  jolly fine.
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline spl00gedon

• Count
  • Renown: 179
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
  • Lifetime ruler of the Fallopian Kingdom
    • View Profile
  • Faction: (MM) MenstrualMonsoon
  • Game nicks: MrFistYoGirl, BlumpkinThePumpkinKing, JAGUAR_DICKSKIN, Chef_Squirt
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2013, 07:21:14 am »
Why do you think 1h should be weaker then lance?

Also, a bad placed lance wont kill you where a 1h with full speed bonus in your face will ofc kill you.

Simple ragetopic? :)

Well first and foremost... I wasn't arguing bad lance placement vs perfect 1h swing placement.  You're more than welcome to refer to my original post for clarification.  Also, I'm not going to try to explain the physics of it in my own words.  Just look up the definition of pressure and apply the formula to the areas of impact for both weapons.  That should show you why a pierce damage lance shouldn't 3 shot me in armor when a swing from a schimitar kills me in 1 swing.

Let me just start my actual month late response by saying this.  In no way, shape, or form, do I think cav is not OP.  It is ABSOLUTELY OP.  However, I believe that gold is a perfect deterrent for keeping 70% of the people who play this game away from cavalry gens.  The counter argument to that is "blah blah blah people who have played this game long enough have the money to pay for it".  To that I say this:  A) Most of them suck once they actually try it.  B) Most of them grow bored of it after one gen. C) Not everyone who has the money for cav wants to play it. D) If someone has been playing this game long enough to have to gold to pay for cav gen after gen THEY'VE EARNED IT.   Continuing on, a lot of the people who play this game have a hard on for "realism" so I find it rather curious that people bitch about cav so much since it was OP IRL.  There was a reason jousting tournaments were held in higher regard than any sporting events in "civilized" European nations during much of the first millenium.  It was because Lancer Cavalry was the DEADLIEST weapon known to earth at the time.  In all the months or years (I forget) that I've played this game I have never once bitched about anything being "OP" or "Broken" etc.  NEVER HAVE I EVER asked for something to be nerfed, buffed, or changed at all.  I would listen to all the nerds bitch and moan on the forums and laugh.  I've finally broken ladies... 1h cav should not be able to one shot me with a schimitar while I'm wearing armor.  Period.  Personally I don't see why couches aren't blockable.  Would have been an easy fix instead of going into the fallback nerf everything mode.  Which of course always ends up going full circle and un-nerfing many of the things previously bitched about and nerfed in the first place because people bitch about everything in this game.  But it iz wut it iz.  Alas, this was, is, and will be: my first and last nerdrage post.  Hope this message reaches someone who can at least explain why this is the case so I can squirt my mind to ease.  Please let me reiterate for the retards out there.  This is not a cav buff post!!!  Just curious about why things is duh way dey is.  The question has yet to be answered.

-Squirt
How do you work this thing??

Offline spl00gedon

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrFistYoGirl, BlumpkinThePumpkinKing, JAGUAR_DICKSKIN, Chef_Squirt
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2013, 07:33:33 am »
Lolllll. Rereading through the responses to this post I now realize that about 80% of you missed the point.....  gf

Offline owens

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 389
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
  • Faction: Persian Kittens
  • Game nicks: PK's nice guy
  • IRC nick: PK world tour pm to donate
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2013, 07:53:25 am »
+3
One thing I noticed while playing in NA is that cav there is much more skilled at being cav than the melee players are at dealing with cav.

Lances were always a little too powerful but feel good now.

If you haven't noticed almost every single 1 hit has been removed from the game with the exception of head shots. Lance cav was an easy class to roll and unrealistic. There is a reason cavalry have historically always used swords right up until the first world war. Lances are  likely to tear a rider from his horse if not left in the target and were a throw away item. As this effect cannot be simulated in cRPG lance cav now have to land a couche and a horse bump. It isnt a big deal and means although the rider doesn't get the kill his target is effectively dead.

So next time someone survives a couche go back and finish them of (if they are still afk) or be happy knowing that he is effectively dead anyway.
PK is back

PK is a collection of elites from throughout modern and ancient history. Giants of Calradia individually, as a group these gods of combat shatter all expectations and ascend to a higher plain of victory that only a few have seen before.

Offline spl00gedon

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2013, 08:06:19 am »

So next time someone survives a couche go back and finish them of (if they are still afk) or be happy knowing that he is effectively dead anyway.

^^^^ I see what you did there.  Unfortunately still missing the general point of the post.

Offline Penguin

• Duke
  • Renown: 670
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player
  • JesusChrist
    • View Profile
  • Faction: [A]rrows Incoming!
  • Game nicks: [Y]Retreat!
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2013, 11:47:16 am »
+1
So next time someone survives a couche go back and finish them of (if they are still afk)
"As you gaze upon the cross, and long for conformity to him, be not weary or fearful because you cannot express in words what you seek. Ask him to plant the cross in your heart. Believe in him, the crucified and now living one, to dwell within you, and breathe his own mind there."