Poll

pikewalls? (new vote because people were too stupid to understand earlier vote)

i want crushthrough on the pike
buff formations, nerf ninjas (eg: no blocking)
you can try as much as you can to nerf close combat with pikes, i still dont want pikewalls.
add overhead stab

Author Topic: pikewalls  (Read 2219 times)

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: pikewalls
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2013, 05:23:35 pm »
Encourage formation battle by adding the overhead stab animation to spears and pikes (historically correct, has also worked really well in other modules), meaning people have to upblock and downblock at the same time when charging a spearwall, and balance it and make it more realistic by removing the blocking and close range capability of said weapons (lolstabbing, cheesy backwards jump and stab).
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 05:50:29 pm by Angantyr »

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
Re: pikewalls
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2013, 06:06:56 pm »
Encourage formation battle by adding the overhead stab animation to spears and pikes (historically correct, has also worked really well in other modules), meaning people have to upblock and downblock at the same time when charging a spearwall, and balance it and make it more realistic by removing the blocking and close range capability of said weapons (lolstabbing, cheesy backwards jump and stab).
still this wouldnt be realistic. you can still block multiple stabs with one block as long as the enemy stabs all with the same stab.
i have played with fire and sword and still it would be able to use this effectively, the formation should have to break almost immediatelly