Author Topic: Teambalance for horses.  (Read 648 times)

Offline Aprikose

• Count
  • Renown: 173
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JugendFeuerwehr
  • Game nicks: Great Bascinet!
Teambalance for horses.
« on: January 01, 2013, 05:59:00 pm »
I hate it when 8 horseman on the Server and 7 of them are in the other team and my team has only 1 rider. Can you balance it fair? Is it possible?

PS: bump,bump,bump,bump,bump,bump,bump,dead.................................
click it!visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Lamk

• Knight
  • Renown: 74
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lamk
Re: Teambalance for horses.
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 06:29:45 pm »
By doing that, you would kind of break one of the reasons why people join a clan: to play together and
it is really frustrating when you're balanced on the other team when you're playing with your clan.

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 06:50:16 pm »
cant you still make sure that the clans are always together, but still make sure that it is balanced? its not that gk are the only cav players on eu1

Offline Aprikose

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 06:50:38 pm »
By doing that, you would kind of break one of the reasons why people join a clan: to play together and
it is really frustrating when you're balanced on the other team when you're playing with your clan.

With same banner its ok. But when they have different banners they should get switched.

Offline Haboe

• King
  • Renown: 1090
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Born with a shield on my back. Difficult birth.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Haboe
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2013, 07:45:57 pm »
Class based teambalance has been suggested before.
I get why a lot of ppl want that, but I like the unbalanced class balance as it is. Keeps the rounds variating.

Its forcing some teamwork in there as well, if you have a load of ranged and the enemy a load of cav, you will win if you protect your archers, but if no one does, cav will pick them out and rape you in the open
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Aprikose

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2013, 07:53:57 pm »
I get why a lot of ppl want that, but I like the unbalanced class balance as it is. Keeps the rounds variating.

Its forcing some teamwork in there as well, if you have a load of ranged and the enemy a load of cav, you will win if you protect your archers, but if no one does, cav will pick them out and rape you in the open

You are talking about teamwork (I like teamwork) but teamwork doesnt work very often because those horses destroy, annihilate, crush, kill, obliterate, exterminate, blast and blight all your teammates (out of you and an archer who you are saving)! It isnt that hard to beat riders but MANY people jump with a dagger, NCS, and other short stuff infront of a heavy lance and dont know that they just have to go into a ruin or something else. When 90% of your team is dead you arent able to do something.

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2013, 10:15:27 pm »
(click to show/hide)

I guess you exaggerate a bit.

Skyrim UI

Offline Aprikose

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2013, 10:59:00 pm »
(click to show/hide)

I guess you exaggerate a bit.

A bit...maybe only 87% get killed.

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2013, 11:56:47 pm »
I'd give my best estimation at 55 percent, for the figure of the amount of teammates that can not, in any way, combat cavalry. There are TONS of players that will never once view the forums, use a build other than their pro-status 22-16 build that features 2 points in throwing and 2 points in riding, or willingly give their full attention to the game. They spawn, press W until they feel that they are in combat, and then they fight. Problem is, they'll often get couched or otherwise killed by cav, and say "Wow that fucking cav is so fucking gay" to themselves, never considering that they could back up against a wall, stay with a polearm friend, etc etc etc. There's no way to fix this except for educating those new players that choose to accept it.

Basically, I do think there should never be more than a 30 percent disparity between the number of cavalry or ranged on either team. These classes are in no way overpowered on their own, but when one team has 200 percent of the other team's cavalry, things are going to get really stupid really fast.

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Hunter_the_Honourable

• Count
  • Renown: 229
  • Infamy: 178
  • Killing fairy riders for the good of cRPG.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-fairy riders.
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2013, 12:04:04 am »
In general the "team balance" needs to be fixed or overhauled because right now generally on EU1 atleast its just all archers on one team and all cav on the other with a bit of inf mixed in for good measure and its just ridiculous more so with quite a few of the maps having hills that make it a nightmare for cav to get up and kill the archers. It seems to me that right now its

1. Archers go and sit on top of a hill
2. Archers start shooting and picking people off (perfectly ok and acceptable)
3. Cav tries to go up hill and kill archers.
4. Cav dies before making it to the archers.
5. Inf try and get up the hill, half die and the archers run down the hill and shoot up and the now slow moving inf.
6. rest of the inf die.
7. New round that repeats the steps.

True that unbalanced teams can spice up the game so to speak but when it is constantly Archers VS Cavalry and the Infantry are just the mop-up squad its not very fun for a majority of the players. I'm not saying unbalanced teams are bad but when teams are constantly stacked with archers vs cav its very boring and frustrating, I mean lets face it the balance right now sucks awfully. 
How can you trust People?
They are Humans
I never trust Humans.

Offline Haboe

• King
  • Renown: 1090
  • Infamy: 331
  • Born with a shield on my back. Difficult birth.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Haboe
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2013, 12:47:29 am »
Playing right now, load of ranged and cav, result vary by map, and a lot of 4-2 4-3 endings. Rather balanced, btu hard as inf indeed  :mrgreen: