Author Topic: Change Crossbow and Bolt Weight Back to Normal  (Read 1730 times)

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
Re: Change Crossbow and Bolt Weight Back to Normal
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2012, 08:19:13 am »
+4
What's funny is your bullshit idea of what constitutes an proper archer.  :idea:
18/21
6ps, 6pd, 7wm, 4ath, 160wpf in archery, 50ish wpf in whatever melee proficiency you choose, there are one slot 2hs and poles, if you can't use that in melee then l2play. Your bullshit idea of an archer is a char who is invincible towards everyone else and can happily run forever and keep shooting without ever entering danger.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2012, 05:37:48 pm »
I stand corrected. Some archer play styles are possible to have a miniscule melee ability. Not mine. (and yeah, 50 wpf is miniscule and still somewhat of a joke to call it melee ability).

I don't kite anybody btw, so you still get a fuck you for that. I also don't stand on rooftops or hillsides. I fight cavalry. 4 athletics is a JOKE in the open field. The athletics and weight and damage nerf along with the shrunken horses head makes it nearly impossible to do what I and cavalry used to do, which is fight in the open with an equal chance of one of us winning. Neophyte cavalry got owned by me. Very skilled cavalry like Rohypnol beat me more often than I beat them.

GG. I play 1h/shield + thrower now and kill more cavalry than I ever did as an archer and now I can also kick your ass in melee. Your archer hate has only given me a stronger hybrid than ever before  :twisted:

P.S. - Get fucked xbow nerds!
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 05:46:25 pm by Rumblood »
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Adalwulf

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 53
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Adalwulf
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2012, 07:17:18 am »
If Xbows get weight nerf removed archers get it too. Since the weight nerf I've retired and ahve 2 athletics....want to know why? It's simple really because I now need to be able to fight in melee with a 0 slot weapon or use a horn bow and pick a decent 1h weapon and pay an upkeep every round that a relic from atlantis wouldn't be able to pay off.

2 mw tartar arrows = 16
2 mw bodkins = 14
mw bow = 2
mw horn bow = 3
mw rus bow = 3.5
mw longbow = 4

If you lower weight for xbows, then we archers get a 1 slot rus bow and longbow. Which is what should have been done about the kitting. Who needs to run when you can actually stand your ground in melee.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 07:21:00 am by Adalwulf »

Offline Templar_Steevee

• Duke
  • Renown: 613
  • Infamy: 128
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew-pew for victory!!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Steevee, Templar_catchArabbit, Gangtroll
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2012, 12:44:13 pm »
+2
I can see tons of QQ here...

IMO figthing with nerfs is almost useless, you have to get accostumed to it.

As an archer I know what nerfs means, and every single time when nerf happens i wonder what can i make to be still usefull in battle (after last nerf i just retire on lvl 33 and change my bulit), so pls stop whining and start playing.
Archer forever :D

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2012, 12:47:01 pm »
(and yeah, 50 wpf is miniscule and still somewhat of a joke to call it melee ability).

All you need for melee ability is Power Strike. Proficiency may help, but it's by no means needed, especially for 2-hands.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Shaksie

• Count
  • Renown: 195
  • Infamy: 115
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Double Thickshake
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2012, 01:22:35 pm »
Please change the weight back to normal.
There is no point in kiting when you have a crossbow anyway
Nevar! People run away from me, having decent agility, there is indeed a point because most people that go on extensive chases get bored and find someone else to kill or they get far enough away so that they can reload.
Also, Arbalest users are quite a bit faster than me which I think is quite unfair.
VERY nice boy :)

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2012, 01:31:08 pm »
+1
A decent build for an Archer that can also fight in melee is also possible on level 30. It is a heavy hybrid of course, because you dont hit as hard as an Archer who is used to kite or stuff like that.

You know I'm far not the best player but that's not the point to care about. To add something to this archer discussion, this build is amazing for level 30 as you get 6 PD, 6 PS, 6 ATH, 6 WM and 5 IF. At the same time you can have about 160 wpf in Archery or share something in melee wpf as well. Go higher than level 30, be a proper Archer and infantryman at the same time!
(click to show/hide)

Anyway. The kiting "problem", let's call it like that, doesn't even exist with Archers only. Sometimes there are situations that only ranged units are left over in a round at the end, and then infantry is simple not able to survive if they are getting shot by some Archers and Crossbowmen at the same time (that doesnt mean infantry cannot win, you know!).
I do not support any nerf or any buff and would have never made the bow/xbow/bolt/arrow weight more heavy. I played Archer for half my gens (23 on my main in total) and 5 as Crossbowman.

I see it like Steevee, that's also why I usually retire each gen, not only to adapt to "new changes" but also to have more fun with different builds.
Anyway, the devs decide and until now they did a good job, imo.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Shaksie

• Count
  • Renown: 195
  • Infamy: 115
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Double Thickshake
« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2012, 01:37:12 pm »
Who needs to run when you can actually stand your ground in melee.
Imo an archer would not be an archer if they preferred to chop rather than shoot. An archer should and always will be worse than a pure melee character at melee so many would feel the disadvantage they carry. I think many archers would be inclined to run off and search for help/bore the enemy to death rather than fight them regardless of the difference between their melee capabilities.
VERY nice boy :)

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2012, 05:07:15 pm »
All you need for melee ability is Power Strike. Proficiency may help, but it's by no means needed, especially for 2-hands.

Oh, is that why 2 handers are crying about the xbow weight? Because they don't need wpf in their PRIMARY weapon and can place it into xbow instead? Now they are mad that they can't kite too?  :rolleyes:

Let's see this play out. Give Rohypnol a 2 hander and 1 wpf. Give Galgorth the same 2 hander with 130 wpf and see how well Rohypnol (#1 rank dueler) does against Galgorth (#3 rank dueler). If they break even, I'll concede your idea that wpf doesn't matter. But if Rohypnol loses 5 of 9 duels are more, then you can concede that you are full of it.  :idea:
If you don't like those two, we can go with San and Cyranule in their favorite weapon (no shield).
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2012, 10:20:49 pm »
Whoever plays on EU might know me as an annoying bundle of sticks dedicated xbower and I've been that for most of my generations. While it was great with the old weight of all kinds of xbows and steel bolts its OK now with the new, additional weight. It takes some time to adapt I got to admit but it works just fine.

As long as you still got a good amount of teammates alive I run towards them if I'm engaged in melee because I'm not really good at melee and can serve my team better alive and shooting. If I'm one of the last I'm dropping my gear and fight with a 1h weapon, sometimes even make it out alive.
You can always pick up your stuff again if you stay alive, just remember where you dropped it. Most of the times nobody will take it because I use 2slot xbow and bolts and hardly anybody has 3 free slots.

Although I would not complain if weight was reduced a bit I think its just fine, works for me, even with armor weight of ~20 + ~ 11 weapon weight.