• Renown: 187
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • I use these forums to hook up with hot ladies
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Memento_Mori, Sengo_Muramasa, Born_Of_Osiris,
Re: Patch
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2011, 05:10:26 pm »
Yeah remove lolstab and polearm stuns and lets all play with ranged,shielders and cav...

lol what?
So you think without lolstab and polearm stuns everyone would play ranged, shielder or cav?

Lolstab and polearm stun must be the main attraction to you about 2 handers and pole arms, kinda sad imo.

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • Renown: 281
  • Infamy: 107
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Konrax of Chaos
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2011, 06:21:13 pm »
If you need lolstab and polearm stun to get kills you need to L2P.

Before anyone rants about skills and getting kills and how "balanced" these features are compared to using a shield or the advantage of ranged weapons please remember that you can still swing your weapon and manual block.

That is all.

Offline Mamba

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mamba
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2011, 06:51:28 pm »
Everything is OP!
Like I suggested yesterday on EU1 give everyone 1000 HP and make every attack deal maximum 1 damage. Should make some loooong interesting fights where you can go afk inbetween.

Threads topic is misleading btw. I was hoping for answered questions like, release date, contents, bugfixes, changelogs.

RAAAAWWWWRRR!

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2011, 07:04:53 pm »
Everything is OP!
Like I suggested yesterday on EU1 give everyone 1000 HP and make every attack deal maximum 1 damage. Should make some loooong interesting fights where you can go afk inbetween.

Threads topic is misleading btw. I was hoping for answered questions like, release date, contents, bugfixes, changelogs.

RAAAAWWWWRRR!

A bit exaggerating, but it's a good idea to start with!

Longer fights actually add to the atmosphere and fun, while 1 hit deaths aren't so fun.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • Renown: 281
  • Infamy: 107
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Konrax of Chaos
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2011, 07:07:49 pm »
A bit exaggerating, but it's a good idea to start with!

Longer fights actually add to the atmosphere and fun, while 1 hit deaths aren't so fun.

I am all for having a good fight and if I die in 1 shot in a legit fight it really doesn't bother me. On the other hand when supposedly "skilled" players are using exploits or killing people through walls I start to question if what they want for this mod is really the best thing for the mod and the community. (Not directed at you specifically)

Offline ThePoopy

• Earl
  • Renown: 411
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • .l..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: PolePoop
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2011, 07:20:39 pm »
Increasing the glancing rate would solve lots of
this kind of stuff

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2011, 07:39:17 pm »
I am all for having a good fight and if I die in 1 shot in a legit fight it really doesn't bother me. On the other hand when supposedly "skilled" players are using exploits or killing people through walls I start to question if what they want for this mod is really the best thing for the mod and the community. (Not directed at you specifically)

Do like me, make copycats of the characters of every player exploiting mechanics. It tends to both open your mind when things looking noskill aren't so easy, and to convince you even more with proper evidence when something really needs tweaking.

I reached level 30 with my lolstabber character and my conclusion is straightforward :  lolstab falls in the last category. The pure 2 hander class (still less effective than the throwing/xbow with 2h hybrid) has too many advantages. Including cheap and lightweight weapon set (you only need a german greatsword to be effective against any melee/cav threat), extreme reach, very good speed and damage, few skill points needed (leading to 21/18 builds).

Just to show with direct evidence how it is not balanced : Although I'm not used to 2h combat, I'm doing a better k/d on Kodein (pure 2h), lvl 30 gen 1 than on Kafein lvl 30 gen 6, my main I was playing for months, that stayed 1h/pole cav all the time, so I got a much longer experience of it.

Kodein is making plenty of money with his brigandine (I will soon buy something heavier), and Kafein struggles to wear heraldic mail...

On top of that, some research and fine tuning has gone into the build of my main, but the 2h wasn't even meant to be like he is now. The build is a little fucked up :

Strength   24   
Agility   15   

One Handed   1   [1 WPF cost] 
Two Handed   129   [7 WPF cost] 
Polearm   1   [1 WPF cost] 
Archery   1   [1 WPF cost] 
Crossbow   1   [1 WPF cost] 
Throwing   1   [1 WPF cost] 

Ironflesh   7   
Power Strike   8   
Shield   0   
Athletics   5   
Riding   0   
Horse Archery   0   
Power Draw   0   
Power Throw   0   
Weapon master *   3   

2 points of IF should be put in WM, and I would be much more successfull with a 21 str/18 agi build, or even 21 agi/18 str (like Phyrex). It was first designed to be like that :

* Strength: 30
    * Agility: 9
    * Hit points: 79

* Converted: 8
    * Ironflesh: 7
    * Power Strike: 10
    * Shield: 0
    * Athletics: 3
    * Riding: 0
    * Horse Archery: 0
    * Power Draw: 0
    * Power Throw: 0
    * Weapon Master: 3

* One Handed: 1
    * Two Handed: 132
    * Polearm: 1
    * Archery: 1
    * Crossbow: 1
    * Throwing: 1

With a great bardiche. But I realised I was getting too many cheap kills by lolstabbing like mad with a german lolsword, so I changed plans.

On this topic :

I consider myself as an aggressive player, trying complex attack and feinting schemes to land the final blow as soon as possible, but with poor blocking and endurance in comparison, so I hugely prefer short and intense combats. I also helps reducing the domination of ranged bundle of sticksry on some dumb omaha beach-like maps.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2011, 07:44:45 pm »
If you need lolstab and polearm stun to get kills you need L2P.

Then I freely admit that I need polearm stun to properly kill cav, otherwise without swinging the thing and merely stabbing, most cav bowl me over if I am not using a stun weapon and my group mimics bowling pins...
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2011, 08:29:32 pm »
From an unbiased standpoint, both the LoLstab and the Polearm stun should be removed from the game.

This. both the 2h stab and the polearm stun are just as if not more broken than the crushthrough code.

Offline Kryser

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Teutonic
  • Game nicks: TwoTon_Feuer
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2011, 09:41:30 am »
The fact of the matter is the animation for the thrust is what? +50 reach for 2hers? that makes the tears and cookies longer than most polearms.

I used to play cav, but because of all the hybrids with xbows/bows and 2h with the lol poke, my heavy lance became useless.

They should either lower the speed of the thrust for 2hers, or change its damage to CUT.

Alot of your top scoring players on the siege server get cheap kills with this Stab, and stabbing people on the other sides of the wall that its not fair.

I bought a cookies and even heirloomed it. So retardedly strong it makes no sense that a muscular war man could poke with that much power at that fucking speed. I understand its just a animation and doesn't capture the "realistic" fighting styles of that time, but it is Over powered, and it needs to be changed.
Again, it was good fun playing with you guys. Kryser is one of the funniest motherfuckers I ever met btw. Cheesy Biscuits.