Author Topic: Help with Khergit Bow Archer.  (Read 3584 times)

Offline Wulzzz

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Help with Khergit Bow Archer.
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2011, 08:24:22 pm »
ive gone

18/21

3PS
7 ath
6 PD
7 wm

Hm yea, i would go for that one.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2011, 08:35:12 pm »
Keshian, so you think that 24/12 is good build? Nice ;D

I will definitly try your build. How about accuracy, btw?

Accuracy is perfectly fine and since the reticules stay pretty steady with a khergit with 8 powerdraw and it shoots witha  flatter trajectory it actually is in some ways better.  135 wpf is plenty to hit most targets at all but the farthest ranges consistently (thats actually what i use now that i am no longer retiring, will eventually be 7 powerdraw with 139 wpf, but only 135 with 6 right now), the extra 10-15 others might get helps get the reticules a little bit smaller and shoot a little faster.  What I would recommend doing is what i do a lot, get the 12 agility by level 24ish feel how you are with aiming and if it isnt working for you switch to a 21/15 build at that point or if you haven't converted the points yet, 21/18.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 08:37:38 pm by Keshian »
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Murchad

• Noble
  • Renown: 24
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2011, 09:54:55 pm »
Accuracy is perfectly fine and since the reticules stay pretty steady with a khergit with 8 powerdraw and it shoots witha  flatter trajectory it actually is in some ways better.  135 wpf is plenty to hit most targets at all but the farthest ranges consistently (thats actually what i use now that i am no longer retiring, will eventually be 7 powerdraw with 139 wpf, but only 135 with 6 right now), the extra 10-15 others might get helps get the reticules a little bit smaller and shoot a little faster.  What I would recommend doing is what i do a lot, get the 12 agility by level 24ish feel how you are with aiming and if it isnt working for you switch to a 21/15 build at that point or if you haven't converted the points yet, 21/18.
So you are going to level 35 now?
what is going to be your final setup? and did you really go to gen 52 like you were planning?

Offline Keshian

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2011, 11:20:02 pm »
So you are going to level 35 now?
what is going to be your final setup? and did you really go to gen 52 like you were planning?

I am shooting for level 35.  Will still take a really long time, but when im done I will be 21/21 with 7 ps, 7pd, 4 if, 7 ath, 7 wm, with 139 wpf in archery and 120 in 2h.  Basically a level 25 character in either class so viable but not overwhelming, mostly would get bored with only 1 class and I can use the polearms with polearm stun and their high spammability with 1 wpf and the 1 hers without a shield are also really fast with 1 wpf and you can still use an xbow with 1 wpf effectively so i can switch between all the classes but cavalry and thrower.

I probably could have done an archer with 8 powerdraw and 150 wpf which would have been monstrous, especially with a 23 pierce longbow, but I would get bored with only archery.

Offline Dravic

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Not playing
  • Game nicks: Not playing
  • IRC nick: Most likely Dravic
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2011, 09:42:44 am »
and did you really go to gen 52 like you were planning?

Offline Murchad

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2011, 10:06:38 am »
I will prob go with pure HA for my final so ill have to play my alt when i get bored
cant decide between 15/30 18/24 or 21/24

18/24 wouldnt be pure and would have melee skills as well

Offline Dravic

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2011, 10:09:50 am »
15/30? What lvl? 35?!  :shock:

What generation are you? If less than 50, see you next year.

Offline Murchad

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2011, 05:25:26 pm »
15/30? What lvl? 35?!  :shock:

What generation are you? If less than 50, see you next year.

I'm only gen 28, im not going to start towards 35 yet, im talking about far far down the road if i ever reach it. i like to have a goal in mind when i play, helps prevent mistakes.
i try to do all heirlooms that i will want to use on my final build and i want to do a bunch more
so i dont get to gen33 then think, i wish i had heirloomed _____.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2011, 06:39:16 pm »
I'm only gen 28, im not going to start towards 35 yet, im talking about far far down the road if i ever reach it. i like to have a goal in mind when i play, helps prevent mistakes.
i try to do all heirlooms that i will want to use on my final build and i want to do a bunch more
so i dont get to gen33 then think, i wish i had heirloomed _____.

The xp calculation as part of the calculation pack given is actually incorrect, its 80 million to level 34.  Might find that useful for your calculations.  Maybe plan for a level 34 build.  Spending weeks or even a couple months waiting to get to the next set of 3 strength/agility is just not worth it, enjoy level 34 with skill point conversion and just tack on the extra attribute and skill point if you ever reach level 35.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 06:40:52 pm by Keshian »

Offline Murchad

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2011, 07:06:27 pm »
thanks kesh,
so at level 34, 39stat pts makes it nice and even with no conversion if you go for high skill pt build.
so your saying its probobly 160mil to level 35, thats like retiring 20 times.
I am having lots of fun just playing on my main trying out different builds, might never go for more than 31
ps: what gen did you stop retiring at kesh?

Offline Dravic

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2011, 10:40:10 pm »
BTW is 173 wpf + NOT heirloomed Strong Bow enough to get smallest available reticule? Or i need 180 wpf (it is difference between 2ps 8athletics 8wm 15/24 and 15/27 3athletics 9wm)?

Offline Keshian

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2011, 10:55:21 pm »
BTW is 173 wpf + NOT heirloomed Strong Bow enough to get smallest available reticule? Or i need 180 wpf (it is difference between 2ps 8athletics 8wm 15/24 and 15/27 3athletics 9wm)?

Until I get chadz's patch notes I have no idea.  pre-patch it was around 180 where the reticule got to the smallest size, anything over 180 wpf just slowed down the rate of re-expansion of the reticule (but since the interaction of wpf and powerdraw seemed to change with the patch I really have no idea now, especially for each bow).  The highest I've gone is 181 with 2 powerdraw and after about 160 with shortbow it didn't seem to make much difference on the reticule except for redraw speed.  173 is plenty though, the slight improvement of 7 more wpf isn't worth all the tradeoffs you have to do.

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2011, 11:04:19 pm »

I don't know the answer to your direct question (if 173 gives you the smallest reticule) but I can offer some advice, which is DON'T GO FOR IT!

If you only have 5 power draw any benefit you might get from being able to hit someone from further away with the increased wpf is completely negated by the fact you'll do such a small amount of damage.  My last gen I used a fine Kherit bow and went the following build:

Level 30 (4 420 577 xp)

* Strength: 18
    * Agility: 21
    * Hit points: 53

* Converted: 8
    * Ironflesh: 0
    * Power Strike: 3
    * Shield: 0
    * Athletics: 7
    * Riding: 0
    * Horse Archery: 0
    * Power Draw: 6
    * Power Throw: 0
    * Weapon Master: 7

* One Handed: 1
    * Two Handed: 1
    * Polearm: 1
    * Archery: 164
    * Crossbow: 1
    * Throwing: 1

I was a big fan; the 164 wpf was plenty for medium long/long range shots, and once people went medium-medium close I could start aiming at heads.  Having the spare points for athletics was a godsend and I think you'll be easy food if you only go 3 ath.  In the future I think I could cut down weapon master even more(down 1 or 2 points) to hit harder with my arrows.  Once people start getting to that medium range even the 148 wpf is plenty, and you'll pack a much harder punch with the shots. 

My two cents; do whatever you want but I think any more than 7 wm is probably a waste of your time as an archer unless you're going to go 3 full quivers of arrows and just spam all day from a hill for like 5-8 damage a shot.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Murchad

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2011, 11:22:27 pm »
Until I get chadz's patch notes I have no idea.  pre-patch it was around 180 where the reticule got to the smallest size, anything over 180 wpf just slowed down the rate of re-expansion of the reticule (but since the interaction of wpf and powerdraw seemed to change with the patch I really have no idea now, especially for each bow).  The highest I've gone is 181 with 2 powerdraw and after about 160 with shortbow it didn't seem to make much difference on the reticule except for redraw speed.  173 is plenty though, the slight improvement of 7 more wpf isn't worth all the tradeoffs you have to do.

I also did shortbow build, mine with 9/30   10wm 3pd   189 or 190wpf
the most wm i would ever do in the future is 8.  all levels after 8 give less than 10 extra wpf so it is horrible waste considering how much better a level of pd is.   I think the optimal level of wm is 7, I do 8 as HA because 24agi is the breakpoint for 4HA skill.