Author Topic: Improving night time settings and Developers should behave.  (Read 2078 times)

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
Re: Improving night time settings and Developers should behave.
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2012, 12:21:03 am »
This is not an observation, this is pure speculation. You are making assumptions about what happened and denying anything else as an explanation because it doesn't fit into your conspiracy theory.

Can I just say wow.  Completely out of context.  Snickers said that it was just an observation and it didnt affect his clan relating to switching the nighttime settings, which was an observation.  Nice manipulation of what he said by posting only that from his post and then taking a completely different post and linking what wasnt linked.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2012, 02:11:18 am »
+1
Can I just say wow.  Completely out of context.  Snickers said that it was just an observation and it didnt affect his clan relating to switching the nighttime settings, which was an observation.  Nice manipulation of what he said by posting only that from his post and then taking a completely different post and linking what wasnt linked.

His post about it being "just an observation" was in response to Smoothrich's post which was also explaining why Shik was where he was. There were two points made, two that Smoothrich responded about, and Snickers seemed to be addressing both at the same time when he responded again to Smoothrich.

Either way he's speculating about the motivation behind the nighttime setting, too, so my point is still valid.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 02:14:52 am by Canary »

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2012, 02:17:13 am »
+2
Also, this phenomenon is pretty common.  People abuse nighttime setting to get more time for reinforcement or to make it a tough time slot for those who have trouble getting mercs.

http://forum.meleegaming.com/strategus-general-discussion/and-again-exploiting-night-time/

Just make standardized nightime settings with 8 hour battle window instead.  We dont have so mnay battles in NA that they cant fit into 8 hours each day.

Also remove defenders getting more than 5 hours to rinforce just becasue of their nighttime settings.  Just standardize it at 5 hours and nighttime wont be abused as much.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2012, 02:23:56 am »
+1
Just make standardized nightime settings with 8 hour battle window instead.  We dont have so mnay battles in NA that they cant fit into 8 hours each day.

I still don't think this is fair to daysleepers or otherwise third-shifters like myself. All you normies and your average sleep times trying to tell us when we can or can't play. Also, one has to bear in mind that from one side of the continent to the next there's already a fairly significant time difference.

Instead, remove night-time altogether- that's the only way to make things really equitable. Battle timers too!
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.