Author Topic: Team wounding..  (Read 5066 times)

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
Re: Team wounding..
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2011, 12:51:17 pm »
That "hit every archer" thing is a real dick move. Punchbacks are meh - sure, if someone runs up and starts kicking me, I'm gonna kick him back - but if you're gonna retaliate, make sure you know who you're going for. Getting wounded by some random archer while fighting? Who knows who that was.

very occasionally they might be trying to warn you of flankers ^^

Offline Gash

• Count
  • Renown: 151
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS/Occitan
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2011, 03:37:30 pm »
I don't have 80 pairs of eyes to watch everyone unfortunately.

Nindurr said he'd watch the person. He will / did.  I also spend 2-4 rounds in spec watching players - and sometimes... nothing. The guy is clean and not doing anything wrong aside from the one team-wound earlier.

If we don't see it happen, we can't make the call. Screenshots help - reports help. I write down names on paper and refer to it when I spec the players.

If there's a case where I read in chat a name being called out a few times for "intentional" team-wounding but I did not witness it - I will turn on Kick Polls, start the poll myself and let the community decide the player's fate.

This is warfare, shit happens, combat is messy - get over it.

If you revenge tk or.... "get even" (don't be a smartass birds  :P )  you only take the risk of being removed yourself.  Sometimes the admin will just remove both if he's not sure who "started it".  We aren't detectives - play nice and don't create a doubt in our minds.

CRPG NA Server Admin

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
  • Renown: 1417
  • Infamy: 154
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Armpit_Sweat, My_horses_name_is_Rebecca
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2011, 04:24:53 pm »
I would just like to say.. I think the system is effed... with the "Revenge Tking system." If I am shot in the back, from an allied archer, and no appology is given, I don't see the problem in me, Hitting them in the back, No appology. Why should I have to take there shit, and if an admin doesn't do nothen about it, why can't I do somthing? Doesn't make sense. The reason I bring this up, Is becuase I was fighting Nindurr_ATS in the 80 man Battle server, and it was 1v1, and I proceed to get shot, in the back, by my allied archer. I then get slashed in the face and killed. Thankyou archer. Here's what really pissed me off, I typed in team chat, so the BlackRose guy could hear it, "Can You appologize for shooting me in the back and getting me killed?" No reply. I was raging. So I typed in all chat, I'm going to Hit every archer in the back that hits me, no appology. I don't see the problem in that, I can "accidently" hit you too. That is all....

Pharaoh.

If that's your girlfriend on your avatar, WHAT THE F*** are you doing on this forum?! Damn youngsters are wasting time on games these days... You can play all you want when you are married.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
  Spam at The Temple of Spam

Offline Templar_Ratigan

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2011, 04:31:32 pm »
Games should be banned and all people who play them made to run around in the street.
He reached for his pants and grabbed the cheese, missing the bees whose honey he needs.

Offline Felagunda

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2011, 05:57:05 pm »
Players are not required to apologize, it is considered good conduct to do so, and if you dont apologize chances are, you either didn't realize you did it, or you dont care. If someone teamwounds you or teamkills you intentionally, you report it in public chat and an admin will deal with it. You have no god given right to get revenge on the player in question. If you can't deal with the fact that accidently team fire happens sometime, you need to stop playing video games.

I don't understand the point of this topic, the rules are clear, someone should just close this.

GET REAL!

I REPORT INTENTIOAL TK'S IN VENT WITH ADMINS ON AND PEOPLE IGNORE ME

I have given on up telling anyone b/c not once out of the like 30 times I said anything has anyone even been given a pink warning let alone a kick a more.  The times I was not ignored in chat or in vent the admin said I didn't see it it didn't happen.  Why an admin could not push "L" and read i don't know.  Or like the few times I was balantly killed in spawn before I even moved and the guy that overheaded me 2-3 times without me moving says sry.  I report it and an ATS admin goes it was accident he said sry.  It's so fucking easy to get away with murder.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 07:23:16 pm by Felagunda »

Offline Kaelaen

• Count
  • Renown: 163
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • Peasant
    • View Profile
    • H2O Kaelaen's Youtube Videos
  • Faction: Blandiloquent Rampallion Deutereagonists (BRD)
  • Game nicks: Kaelaen_BRD
  • IRC nick: Kaelaen
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2011, 05:59:53 pm »
I remember once when I was an archer I was shooting someone to the far right of my teammate in siege, but there was an enemy crossbowman behind us who shot my teammate.  Said teammate then turned around and killed me in the face while I was pointing my bow at the door checking to see if it broke already.  Did I get an apology?  No.  Do I come to the conclusion that I now need to shoot in every melee fight to 'prove a point?'  No that's silly, stop being silly. 

No one will think you're being Just if you turn around and attack someone who accidentally shot you, almost everyone will come to the conclusion however that you're an enormous asshole.  Are you Jason_the_Great or something?  Am I being trolled?  Wait, don't answer that.  This is the cRPG forums, of course I'm being trolled.
-idlewind

Offline MouthnHoof

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: MouthnHoof
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2011, 11:20:58 am »
I typed in team chat, so the BlackRose guy could hear it, "Can You appologize for shooting me in the back and getting me killed?" No reply.
I don't think live players can see the text of dead players even in team chat.

Offline Dan lol

• Count
  • Renown: 294
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
  • ROLLINROLLINROLLINROLLIN
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: If you can't handle me at my durst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my fredst.
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2011, 11:41:33 pm »
OH MY GOD I GOT TEAM ATTACKED

LETS CHASE THE GUY DOWN AND TURN THE SERVER INTO A FUCKFEST BECAUSE I WANT TO CARRY OUT MY E-VENGEANCE

just qq about kids being bad on vent like I do you whiny vaginas
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

JABONRA
His mother's asshole, I tragedy

Offline DrTaco

• Count
  • Renown: 179
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
  • Your eternal reward
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swashbucklers
  • Game nicks: Magical Toaster
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2011, 02:08:54 am »
I think this adds to the point that teamwounding needs consequences.
Soldat_Alroth and Plutos are prime examples
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198023754414/screenshots/
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 02:11:39 am by DrTaco »
Don't take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Offline Bothersome_Aldryk

• Baron
  • Renown: 124
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2011, 02:50:48 am »
Not going to say too much in a public forum like this, but I'm rather disappointed to see you advocating revenge teamhitting. That sort of behavior is not considered acceptable for members of Chaos, as it is clearly delineated as being against the rules. I'm glad to hear that you didn't follow up on your impulses, however.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 02:52:59 am by Bothersome_Aldryk »

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2011, 03:22:33 am »
Hey guys, in an effort to stop Teamkilling, I will start teamkilling all my team, like that my team won't be able to teamkill since they're dead!