Author Topic: Horsearchers.  (Read 2414 times)

Offline Lactose_the_intolerant

• Earl
  • Renown: 460
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Byzantium the intolerant, lactose_the_...
    • View Profile
Re: Horsearchers.
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2012, 10:57:33 pm »
even though HA has a better rate of fire, horse crossbow deals much more damage negating the HA's advantage

Offline Ptolemy

• Weeaboo
  • Count
  • Renown: 257
  • Infamy: 182
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja
  • Game nicks: Nomin
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2012, 11:16:29 pm »
If used properly, a HA can chain bump damage and bow damage to easily do more and to keep someone more occupied than a HX could.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2012, 11:35:49 pm »
+1
even though HA has a better rate of fire, horse crossbow deals much more damage negating the HA's advantage

But a good HA will never lose against a HX

HX is better at taking out infantry
HA is better at taking out archers and mounted ranged players
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline owens

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 389
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
  • Faction: Persian Kittens
  • Game nicks: PK's nice guy
  • IRC nick: PK world tour pm to donate
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2012, 12:40:10 am »
HA in reality was one of the best ways to fight (Mongolian empire).

Unfortunately the game doesnt reflect this in the slightest. The fact that you sit at a very high level for a very long time doesnt help, it is one of those classes that should be useless unless level 29+ the problem being that you spend most of your time there anyway. So it go nerfed and nerfed and nerfed.

Now i would only go HA with a 9/30 or 6/33 build just so that if i got dehorsed I could kite and outpace my opposition (maybe escape). atm horse death is super quick and the advantages closer to disadvantages.
PK is back

PK is a collection of elites from throughout modern and ancient history. Giants of Calradia individually, as a group these gods of combat shatter all expectations and ascend to a higher plain of victory that only a few have seen before.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2012, 03:35:08 am »
Duke_Of_Disco_ATS, Mongorian_ATS, whatever his name is now.. that dude is really good at the class, probably the best regular HA on NA, though he doesn't play very much.  He would get tons of kills every map.  If Rohypnol specced into HA he'd probably perform just as well as he does as HX, its lower damage but the accuracy is the same and has a higher rate of fire.  This makes it really good for shutting down HX's or ranged players.

Umm yeah....no offense to you or those guys, but I play all the time and I shoot horses and the people on them. They aren't a threat. Murchad is the only HA who is and its because he has played for a couple years. In fact, I'll take on any 2 HA's against GrannPappy on the ground in a best 3 of 5 if you think HA isn't UP.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Fandrall

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 5
  • Steppe Cap is back in style!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Fru_Apskaft
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2012, 08:38:44 am »
+4
HA is a great support class and you can do alot for your team. Much of this support can be made with shitty damage and accuracy like dehorsing enemy cav. Alot can even be made without shooting like taunting them to chase you around, have archers focusing on you instead of your teams and so on. If you play alone as a HA it takes alot of experience to be somewhat effective and you need to be one of those above average players to do well. To be one of the heros of the team as a HA you need to be outstanding. It also depends on what you try to achieve I guess. Staying out of harms way shooting at random ppl just to get high score or hunting peasants for kills is probably easy but you're not helping your team that much.

However just like archer squads are easier to coordinate in focusing on one target compared to melee squads, groups of HAs have an easier time than melee cav. And since cav is more maneuverable than inf, cav has an easier time choosing its fights or in military terms, seize the iniative. That makes squads of HAs both easier to coordinate and deploy compared to any other class IMHO. I wouldnt go as far as saying that a HAs effectivness in groups is exponancially but the curve is steap compared to other classes. A few HAs and maybe one or two melee cav focusing on the same target = endless arrowstuns, bumps and melee attacks. Very effective and rather safe on the giving end but very annoying for the receiver.

IMO Alone the class is rather weak maybe even UP but just like Gurnisson said buffing it might make it too powerfull, especially when you coordinate your attacks.

As for the hate I think its a combination of HAs being cowards (smart) only attacking when the opponent is at a disadvantage having a hard time (being unable to) fight back. And that its common knowlage within the majority of the community that its ok, even mandatory, to say bad things about the people who play HAs. Sort of hating a minority to be accepted by the majority kinda thing. Oh and one more reason is that when a selfish player goes HA he have the means, and tend, to delay, bully peasants, attentionwhoring, trolling, "killsteal" and being a douchebag in general.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2012, 04:09:10 pm »
Sorry if I sound like a broken record, but if the developers changed the goal of the battle mode from killing the entire enemy team to something else like conquering flags, horse archers could even get a little bit buffed again. Because there is no need any more to hunt them down and kill them.

But as long as the ultimate goal of the game is killing the entire enemy team, the horse archer needs to stay as weak as he is, because only few classes can do him harm, but he can do harm to all classes and some classes are completely and utterly at the HA's mercy. And HA's don't have mercy.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline ROHYPNOL

• Earl
  • Renown: 361
  • Infamy: 127
  • Poor Washing Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2012, 09:10:02 pm »
Umm yeah....no offense to you or those guys, but I play all the time and I shoot horses and the people on them. They aren't a threat. Murchad is the only HA who is and its because he has played for a couple years. In fact, I'll take on any 2 HA's against GrannPappy on the ground in a best 3 of 5 if you think HA isn't UP.

I beat any HA/HX/ Archer/Xbow on ground there is.. no one stands a chance..
Quote from: Jeade
you're rough around the edges.
This is the reason people don't like you if anyone ever did.