Author Topic: Spook Island banned indefinitely on NA  (Read 3190 times)

Offline Froto_the_Loc

• Count
  • Renown: 252
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • CRaPGame
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Locia
  • Game nicks: Froto_the_loc
Re: Spook Island banned indefinitely on NA
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2012, 03:58:15 am »
It's amazing how big of a jerk someone can be.
He must be small framed and have daddy/rage-bottling issues.

He's gone, at least.
Hooray for customization and hybridization!
Down with monotonous pure classes!

Offline Spanish

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 2h Cav Star of the year award winner.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The official Drama Llama of Knights_Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Spaniard, BowPersona, Span
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2012, 08:50:53 am »
So can we get farmer Nate back now........
My horse is named pebbles and we like to try.

Offline Lorden

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 34
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2012, 12:31:41 am »
Leave that asshole permbanned. He's a stain on NA servers.

Offline Havoco

• Duke
  • Renown: 538
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospookfans
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Havoc
  • IRC nick: Havoco
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2012, 01:54:38 am »
Oh c'mon, he wasn't that bad.

(click to show/hide)
Pock gobblers

Offline Amatsuka

• Knight
  • Renown: 47
  • Infamy: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2012, 07:51:58 am »
FREE MY SPOOKUMS!

A touch more seriously, the amount of posturing going on makes me wonder if people actually believe Spook is being homophobic/sexist/whatever.  The whole thing has always struck me as fairly tongue-in-cheek.  While I don't necessarily disagree that handing out timeouts (a few hours or even 1 day) for people who just can't seem to control themselves on chat or whatever, the whole essay bit has always struck me as a joke really.  I'm sure Spook can come up with something entertaining, but until then, how about we all lighten up and try not to pretend like we're all a bunch of preteens about to commit suicide over cyberbullying.

Spook insults me basically every time we play together.  Continually.  The entire time.  It's all in good fun really.  Meanwhile, the entire time I played as X-bow cav, I was continually insulted, poll kicked/banned, made to dismount and duel people without a melee weapon, and subject to random teamkilling/wounding all because people didn't appreciate that I wasn't playing a melee class.  That was pretty much community wide harassment.

I'd like to see more done about things that matter.  e.g. not chat that you can just turn off  The rest of the community has hurt my feelings and made me not want to play more than Spook ever has.  I like him.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 07:58:08 am by Amatsuka »

Offline Spook Island

• Shitposter
  • Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 165
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player
  • Truth Teller
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2012, 05:21:38 pm »
The best part of this topic was seeing Amatsuka completely shut everybody down with a little maturity, common sense, and honesty.
The second best part was seeing an abundance of trolls come to the defense of the administrators position, while the people with common sense simply scratch their heads and question whether the admins genuinely believe what they are shoveling.

On one side, you've got normal players laughing their asses off reading the chat log, because they know better, while the admins pretend to be extremely offended and traumatized by what they were reading. 

Now, I can't be certain whether or not the admins genuinely believe what they are saying or simply just exaggerating, in extremes, to save face for giving me this entirely subjective essay ban one week after I held a few of their own accountable in their feedback threads.  Is that a coincidence?

We could try doing some basic math to determine the odds.
Now I've been playing crpg for well over 2.5 years.  Let's give the admins a break in their case and say I've only been acting this way for 2 years solid.  BTW I used to be A LOT worse than what you read in their cherry picked, no context, chat log.

2 x 52 weeks in a year = 104 weeks.
This subjective ban coming within 1 week of those admin feedback reports =  Not even a 1% chance of that being a coincidence. 

So are the admins completely full of shit?  I don't know, but the numbers aren't looking too good in their favor.
They may have a children of the flies type hierarchy police force set up where they can all back each other up on even the most subjective decisions ever made, but the quantitative math and qualitative universal history of players definitely isn't on their side in terms of objective decision making.

I know it, dozens of other players are smart enough to see it, and the trolls are the ones coming to defend the position of the admins.
Kind of puts it into perspective doesn't it?

Now I think I'll post a few of my favorite lines from this cherry picked chat log that was dug up as homework, by admins, at the behest of their own personal agenda.

1371: 00:40:44 - [Preacher] i didnt lose with ur mom
1392: 00:41:04 - [SpookPalace] yeah cant believe she got second place in teh biggest pussy competition

1760: 00:48:48 - [SpookPalace] i just kicked bob for leechi
1768: 00:48:58 - [Bobthehero_Whals] Screw you sppk
1772: 00:49:00 - [SpookPalace] bob ldont leech son
1775: 00:49:03 - [SpookPalace] leechin is bad
1776: 00:49:04 - [Bobthehero_Whals] I tabbed to read something
1783: 00:49:14 - [SpookPalace] nobody cares what you tabbed to read fifty shades of grey
1786: 00:49:18 - [SpookPalace] save it for bed time

2280: 00:59:01 - [SpookPalace] big words
2281: 00:59:01 - [SoW_Valrion] archer killed big bad spook
2282: 00:59:04 - [SpookPalace] for a carpet bagger
2291: 00:59:19 - [SpookPalace] you couldnt bag groceries

3204: 01:14:20 - [SpookPalace] i seen some bundle of stickss in my day but never ones with such an insatiable thirst for brothers dick
3211: 01:14:29 - [SpookPalace] its like a god damn horror movie

3645: 01:20:53 - [SpookPalace] I DIDNT HAVE A CHOICE
3650: 01:20:59 - [SpookPalace] YOUR PARENTS DIDNT WANT YOU

6212: 02:08:54 - [SpookPalace] lol he was probably born with a dozen dicks in his mouth
6217: 02:09:03 - [SpookPalace] doctors never had seen anything like it

6269: 02:10:08 - [SpookPalace] lick deez nuts bundle of sticks
6281: 02:10:21 - [SpookPalace] salt your fuckin glass with deez nuts
6290: 02:10:29 - [SpookPalace] call it a mangarita
6293: 02:10:36 - [SpookPalace] savor the flavor fruit boy                                  (the mangarita line fuckin killed me, completely forgot I wrote that)

21115: 20:15:48 - [SpookPalace] god broke the mold after he made me
21116: 20:15:57 - [Bobthehero_Whals] God is not real
21120: 20:16:04 - [SpookPalace] atheist sperg alert

29031: 23:16:33 - [SpookPalace] GET TO THE FUCKING FLAG RIGHT NOW YOU JOKER BABY DICKED GINGERALE PRODUCING GURGLERS

Definitely not my best material, but it had enough people admittedly laughing their asses off, which is good enough for me.

As for my unban report, it's nearly finished.  I will be delivering it sometime this afternoon.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2012, 08:57:29 pm »
You must be one pathetic loser to laugh at your own insults.

And nobody gives a shit about your narcissistical bullshit attempt at trying to save face, those logs are pretty conclusive so don't even try, son.
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2012, 08:59:41 pm »
You must be one pathetic loser to laugh at your own insults.

And nobody gives a shit about your narcissistical bullshit attempt at trying to save face, those logs are pretty conclusive so don't even try, son.
Let's vote that his essay is the worst one ever without even reading it when he makes it. <3
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2012, 09:07:52 pm »
Obvious troll is obvious.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline genric

• Baron
  • Renown: 102
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: HG_Genric, HG_Sentry_GenRic, A_Chilies, Beastasaurus
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2012, 09:39:49 pm »
You don't need to be racist to say racist things. If you insult someone or a group of people it really doesn't matter if you mean it or not if someone takes it offensively then it was done in bad taste. He can be muted yes but it has to be done every time he joins because mutes are temp as far as I understand. Also those who don't mute him sometimes feel the need to respond to him giving him the troll feed to continue going and now they have been drawn into it. Then you mute more people because the bickering is annoying to read when you are trying to play the game. You have muted multiple people to try and play this game but you also lose the chance to communicate with certain teammates because you muted them.

There is also the environment for new players because this game is extremely frustrating when you are new because 1. you don't know how to play and 2. till level 25 you are useless and thats just a crappy feeling if you are new and always being destroyed by the other team. Now spook is cursing, calling everyone bundle of sticks, and potentially insulting the new person making it so he potentially isn't going to want to play anymore.

This on top of the attacking of the admins on the forums I can understand completely if they are just sick of him. It's similar with the police. if you get into a fight and punch someone the police come and say cut it out, maybe ticket you, and possibly put you in jail to cool off. But if you run up to a cop and punch him he will taz you, pepper spray you, call for backup, beat you with a night stick, and stick you in jail for awhile (probably with some big black prisoner named bubba who looks lonely). He just pushed the buttons of the people in power. He will make his essay that he is working very hard on to make it as passive aggressive but so borderline it seems almost legit essay and get back in the game eventually. If not He'll buy a new CD Key and rename himself Spook_Thriller
I am the shadow that lingers in your wake. I am four steps behind and two before you. You are trapped. Always.
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2012, 10:03:44 pm »
To be fair, the Essay is a pass/fail by the person who permabanned him, the community votes actually have zero impact on the outcome and are mere "Suggestions" for the Mod who is judging and evaluating.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Spook Island

• Shitposter
  • Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 165
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player
  • Truth Teller
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2012, 07:44:30 am »
You don't need to be racist to say racist things. If you insult someone or a group of people it really doesn't matter if you mean it or not if someone takes it offensively then it was done in bad taste. He can be muted yes but it has to be done every time he joins because mutes are temp as far as I understand. Also those who don't mute him sometimes feel the need to respond to him giving him the troll feed to continue going and now they have been drawn into it. Then you mute more people because the bickering is annoying to read when you are trying to play the game. You have muted multiple people to try and play this game but you also lose the chance to communicate with certain teammates because you muted them.

There is also the environment for new players because this game is extremely frustrating when you are new because 1. you don't know how to play and 2. till level 25 you are useless and thats just a crappy feeling if you are new and always being destroyed by the other team. Now spook is cursing, calling everyone bundle of sticks, and potentially insulting the new person making it so he potentially isn't going to want to play anymore.

This on top of the attacking of the admins on the forums I can understand completely if they are just sick of him. It's similar with the police. if you get into a fight and punch someone the police come and say cut it out, maybe ticket you, and possibly put you in jail to cool off. But if you run up to a cop and punch him he will taz you, pepper spray you, call for backup, beat you with a night stick, and stick you in jail for awhile (probably with some big black prisoner named bubba who looks lonely). He just pushed the buttons of the people in power. He will make his essay that he is working very hard on to make it as passive aggressive but so borderline it seems almost legit essay and get back in the game eventually. If not He'll buy a new CD Key and rename himself Spook_Thriller

Your response just offended me.  It doesn't matter if you meant it to or not.   

That logic suddenly doesn't make a whole lot of sense, does it?

Your second assumption operates under the guise that this new player has never experienced trash talk, never seen a competitive game played on the internet, never dealt with negatively connotative speech in their lives.  That's a whole lot of "what-ifs" just for "potential" argument.  Needless to say, it's a vast stretch and a weak argument if you could even call it one based off its merits or lack thereof.

Finally, giving admins negative feedback with pictures and evidence isn't "attacking" them.  If you can't handle being held accountable for mistakes you make without referring to it an as "attack," the real world is going to absolutely eat you alive.  The pitiful strawman argument you attempted to set up after this was even more laughable. 

I'm a manager in the real world.  I've held multiple real-world administrator positions.  If you can't handle fair criticism without belittling it as nothing more than "attacks" and "button-pushing," you're going to be really terrible at your job and unable to earn the respect of anyone who works with you or under you.
Just a little real world advice for you from someone who knows.  I hope you heed it.

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2012, 03:27:07 pm »
Some dude on internet thinking the world revolves around him, more news at five.

But wait, he's a MANAGER IN THE REAL WORLD. Suddenly, this story becomes relevant.
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?