Author Topic: Lets talk about armor...  (Read 2246 times)

Offline Madcat

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Ferroh
Re: Lets talk about armor...
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2011, 10:27:12 pm »
Well I switch between 2 medium armors a lot. Red turnic over mail and Sarranid Guard Armor

So some of the differences that I notice.
Red tunic over mail only weighs 9.5 and lets me stay mobile, while offering some protection. Crossbows can one hit me and I survive at least 2 clean arrow shots to the torso

With Sarranid Guard Armor, I never get one shot by crossbows. I survive about 3 arrows to the torso. Attacks glance me more, and I take noticeably less damage from the hits that don't glance. I'm also way slower.

Sarranid guard armor costs 8500 and red tunic over mail costs 3500. So yeah there's a big difference. Although I haven't experienced with heavier armor

Offline Polobow

• Count
  • Renown: 267
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: SoA
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2011, 11:21:44 pm »
I see loads of armor variations. Keep it like this.

Also, 1h swords are also very different. :rolleyes:

Offline ORiainRex

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free-Lance Sexy Killing Machine
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2011, 08:00:38 am »
Switching from my lemellar vest to my black armor doubles the damage I can take on the field.  I really notice the difference.

Offline monsterbrum

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • Zoink?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar.
  • Game nicks: Templar_Brum, Biggus_Dickus, and many more!
  • IRC nick: Monsterbrum
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2011, 11:05:35 am »
Hmmm i'll just stick to my iron pick, to pierce all the tincan

Offline Sean_Drew

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: no faction
  • Game nicks: my secret ;-) Only 4 chars now : 1h/shielder , 2h , xbower , archer. The other 25 chars are deleted.
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2011, 11:55:59 am »
There is a difference, but you notice it a little less lately , cause there are more str. build , with pierce and blunt weapons around , that one hit , because if they hit your head with a hammer and 10+ ps for example.
You can wear a black armor , but when you are hit with a 3 times heilommed great maul ( 53 blunt damage ) on your head , you are dead. If not by the first hit , than by the second, cause it has knockdown. So if you are hit , your dead. The only chance is,  to kill the hammerwielder first , but it´s not so easy if he has good armor too, and you are a agi build , or have simple cut damage , like sword , axe , arrows.
So you don´t need a black armor in this case , you can wear no armor ... it´s the same result. But only in this case. If your enemy has a sword , it would be much more better with the higher armor.

So in short : There is a difference with heavier armor , but you notice it less against str. blunt/pierce builds.

Sorry , my english is bad ... ;-) I do my best :-)

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2011, 12:25:05 pm »
Armor is fine how it is.
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.