Poll

Do archers deserve cover from lancers, infantry ('cuss they can kite eternally and infantry can't ever do shit against archers), and other ranged?

Yes archers need to be able to hide there even though it's basically roofcamping 'cept that up here there is better cover and while infantry can go up there it's still suicide and they're guaranteed to not even kill one archer.
22 (51.2%)
No, this is fucking bullshit, if they want cover from ranged they should bring a siege shield, if they want cover from cav they should bring some unimplemented anti cav spikes and if they want cover from inf they can just kite away.
10 (23.3%)
No, what's the point of removing roofcamping when every fucking my old friendcher will be camping one of these rooftops now?
7 (16.3%)
Yes, even though it's basically roofcamping, also, readd roofcamping, definitely wasn't retard to have invincible roofmonkey archers.
4 (9.3%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Author Topic: Really fucking tired of those "ruin" buildings in every fucking map  (Read 3208 times)

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Really fucking tired of those "ruin" buildings in every fucking map
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2012, 07:01:04 pm »
There is a big difference between a decent, fair, amount of cover, and 100% immunity.

I get hit plenty up on walls from throwers on the ground.  Watchu talkin about Willis?
PS your poll is BS.

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Slamz
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2012, 07:58:06 pm »
You should be using heavy throwing axes, not throwing lances, especially if you're throwing at archers a lot.

Having a hard time dredging up sympathy after you said you're a lancer, which are typically the top scoring killers.
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2012, 07:59:12 pm »
+1
basically he is butt hurt that he cant ride everyone down on every spot of every map
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Kajia

• Earl
  • Renown: 481
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Kajia
  • IRC nick: Kajia_
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2012, 08:25:09 pm »
+2
wow, zlisch, your OP is so not biased, not to speak of the poll, seriously ...

and i think my answer is simple: you're not expected to kill everyone by yourself - just wait for your teams shielders and inf and inf throwers. i've never seen one of these ruin buildings with ONLY archers which could not be taken on by inf. if 'archers' still win in equal distribution, it's not the fault of that cute building, but someones bad decisions and/or bad strategy (mainly of your team).

calm down, you're exaggerating. also rage is bad for your liver.

Kajia's Workshop
(cRPG artwork showcase)

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2012, 09:24:22 pm »
You should be using heavy throwing axes, not throwing lances, especially if you're throwing at archers a lot.
Impossible to use from horseback due to flight arch.
Having a hard time dredging up sympathy after you said you're a lancer, which are typically the top scoring killers.
I am not a lancer, well sorta, maybe, I'm a THROWING lancer from horseback.
and i think my answer is simple: you're not expected to kill everyone by yourself - Well, ofc, that's impossible seeing as I only got 4 ammo, but eh, I don't mind archers having an edge over me, I mind archers being invincible and unreachable. just wait for your teams shielders and inf and inf throwers. It's fucking retarded that you think some enemies should be 100% unkillable by other enemies of the same level.
Depends what weapons you're taking. If you're talking about throwing lances, without the speed bonus, using them against infantry seems a waste. Never played as cav thrower so it's mostly out of experience from facing you and the few other cav throwers that exist.  Well, against infs, or archers, or other cavalry without a negative speed bonus I need two shots, always, shooting cav charging straight at me requires 1 lance mostly providing I hit their chest.
TLDR... btw this cav guy sounds like another one of those spawn killers... or late spawn killers. This Gawin guy sounds like a retard to dumb to at least read the initial post and realize I am a horsethrower, and that late spawn killing/afk killing is pretty impossible with a pure horsethrowing build unless you're willing to waste an insane amount of time and ammo and you'll probably still be outspeeded by a GK on a courser.
Im a little confused right now, am I seriously reading a "nerf cover" thread right now ? No, this is more of a don't add a bunch of uncav-reachable buildings to every fucking map were 10+ archers are gonna camp and just chill and shoot with no actual thought to it and in the rare event someone manages to get a hit on them they'll just go inside and hide for the rest of the round thread.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Zanze

• Earl
  • Renown: 366
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Raven_Zan
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2012, 09:32:22 pm »
Whining about archers again? Just give it up man, they are part of the game. Deal with it.

PS, axes aren't impossible to use on horseback, just different. On my jav-cav char I easily made a ton of shots and I see Diggles regularly hitting people with them from horseback.

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2012, 10:59:37 pm »
PS, axes aren't impossible to use on horseback, just different. On my jav-cav char I easily made a ton of shots and I see Diggles regularly hitting people with them from horseback.
Eh, well yeah, not exactly impossible, I just have a hard time adjusting to that particular arch as I have to aim and time my throws very different, only throwing weapon I'm really used to and know in and out is the throwing lance, other jav-style ones are also somewhat usable by me, but axes, no way in hell, not from horseback.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Jacko

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fffnanguard!
  • Game nicks: Jacko
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2012, 11:54:16 pm »
+4
This is ruining the maps.
Monkeys!

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2012, 01:07:29 am »
This is ruining the maps.
So, you're gonna remove dem shitmaps?
BTW: It all worked out, I'm back to being the king of assholes, 'cuss fuck Mlekce.