Poll

Do archers deserve cover from lancers, infantry ('cuss they can kite eternally and infantry can't ever do shit against archers), and other ranged?

Yes archers need to be able to hide there even though it's basically roofcamping 'cept that up here there is better cover and while infantry can go up there it's still suicide and they're guaranteed to not even kill one archer.
22 (51.2%)
No, this is fucking bullshit, if they want cover from ranged they should bring a siege shield, if they want cover from cav they should bring some unimplemented anti cav spikes and if they want cover from inf they can just kite away.
10 (23.3%)
No, what's the point of removing roofcamping when every fucking my old friendcher will be camping one of these rooftops now?
7 (16.3%)
Yes, even though it's basically roofcamping, also, readd roofcamping, definitely wasn't retard to have invincible roofmonkey archers.
4 (9.3%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Author Topic: Really fucking tired of those "ruin" buildings in every fucking map  (Read 3211 times)

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
Re: Really fucking tired of those "ruin" buildings in every fucking map
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 03:13:08 pm »
+8
Throws upwards, complains about having to use more than one throw

(click to show/hide)
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 03:14:06 pm »
Cover is a good thing and needed on any good map. Otherwise its quite unfair for both infantry and archers. You can't expect an Archer to take a 2 slot spear to stop horses.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2012, 03:19:40 pm »
Throws upwards, complains about having to use more than one throw

(click to show/hide)
Has to throw upwards 'cuss getting up on level with the archers is impossible might as well just give them back their unreachable rooftops.

Cover is a good thing and needed on any good map. Otherwise its quite unfair for both infantry and archers. You can't expect an Archer to take a 2 slot spear to stop horses.
There is a difference with some decent cover and letting all archers camp unreachable unhittable spots that they're perfectly capable of shooting from, how the fuck can you consider it right that archers get immunity from all other enemies while still being able to shoot? Also, archers don't need a spear, 9 out of 10 archers can dodge lancers due to insane ath and peasant gear and they can also shoot a horse coming fullspeed at them and due to decent accuracy and facehug range headshot with ease.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Sarpton

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hurlbat
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2012, 03:19:55 pm »
I think the deployable anti cav spikes is a great idea.  Always have.   And if to many archers I go to siege or the melee only server.   Or take off most of my gear and "not-quite-leech-but-pretty-much-leech." with my white tunic and practice sword.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2012, 03:25:23 pm »
+1
There is a difference with some decent cover and letting all archers camp unreachable unhittable spots that they're perfectly capable of shooting from, how the fuck can you consider it right that archers get immunity from all other enemies while still being able to shoot? Also, archers don't need a spear, 9 out of 10 archers can dodge lancers due to insane ath and peasant gear and they can also shoot a horse coming fullspeed at them and due to decent accuracy and facehug range headshot with ease.

It's a decent cover and especially to hide from cav. An archer can hardly dodge more than 1 cav in the open. Even if they had 10 ATH (which no one has). An Archer should be able to dodge enemy cav (at least one, or if enemy cav behaves in a stupid way, ie. cannot handle the speed). Doing an headshot on an enemy cav is not that easy, its not a free kill but what do you expect (sure there are many archers playing for 2 years, ofc they are able to do so)? Should a cav get always a free kill when fighting an archer. How fair would that be? (and leave your archer hate out of this please)

If Archers or any other class are hiding in a ruin, they can do it. As cav you either wait for support of infantry, other archers or cav or you dismount and charge in. For that you should of course have a melee weapon or even a shield. A dedicated throwing build of course has problems with many things, especially a horse thrower (who needs some love though, not only due to upkeep).

e: regarding your poll answers. hiding in a ruin is not similar to roofcamping. Theres no needed jumping involved or ladders like in the past. You can simply walk into it without any problem. You only have a problem if you are getting shot or have no melee weapon, but its your own decision if you neither have.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 03:30:32 pm by Miwiw99 »
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2012, 03:28:02 pm »
+1
Vote options tldr :(. Cba to reed.

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Werfried

• Knight
  • Renown: 56
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
  • Goat bless my peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Werfrieds Peasant Battalion
  • Game nicks: Werfried
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2012, 03:37:37 pm »
Ruins are still better then these endless, boring open maps, where two shieldwalls sit on two hills and nothing happens in the first 3 or 4 minutes.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2012, 03:37:47 pm »
+2
Covers are needed, otherwise cav will be even more OP.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2012, 03:40:02 pm »
It's a decent cover and especially to hide from cav. Decent cover=Unreachable? lol, archers should NOT be unreachable, they can shoot as much as they fucking want, but they should not be able to stand up on their roofs without fucking thinking or watching out and just mindlessly pew pew everyone else 'cuss they're fucking invincible on those roofs, literally, cav can't reach 'em, 100% impossible, they got a severe advantage against all other ranged, and infs can't catch 'em and will be shot to pieces, is that balanced? it's not a decent cover, it's retarded invincibility.
Should a cav get always a free kill when fighting an archer. How fair would that be? (and leave your archer hate out of this please) I don't hate archers, I just hate my old friends who run, the my old friends who teamshot me from a mile away, and the roofcamping bitches. Which sadly, covers pretty much every archer in the mod, and on open ground cav certainly don't get free archer kills, guys like blackbow would headshot anyone who came near, bad players would headshot the full speed horse and then kite onwards, players who don't watch out, at all, or get ganked by 3+ cav, will probably die, and they should die, what you're currently argumenting is that lancers should deal 0 damage to peoples backs, because infs shouldn't be forced into watching out, archers shouldn't be forced to watch out, and cav shouldn't be forced to watch out, at the same time your argument would say that unless the inf is aware he's getting shot at he should be invulnerable to arrows.

If Archers or any other class are hiding in a ruin, they can do it. As cav you either wait for support of infantry were you still can't possibly fight against the archers anyway unless you dismount and therefore stop being cav, and the infantry will not be able to catch the archers, you fucks already got unreachability from inf due to kiting, you don't also fucking deserve cover from other ranged and unreachability from cav without fucking watching out, at all, other archers or cav or you dismount and charge in. For that you should of course have a melee weapon or even a shield. I agree, melee should be the main focus of the mod really, every char should have something spec'd into melee, including archers, they should have ps, then have their kiting taken away, and they should carry a weapon and not just 2-3 stacks of arrows, and then, they got a weapon, so they can watch their fucking back instead of just mindlessly pew pewing from an unreachable spot. A dedicated throwing build of course has problems with many things, especially a horse thrower (who needs some love though, not only due to upkeep).

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2012, 03:41:21 pm »
Covers are needed, otherwise cav will be even more OP.
There is a big difference between a decent, fair, amount of cover, and 100% immunity.

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2012, 03:43:02 pm »
lol, Mlekce is the kinda person who'll close his anti archer thread then come over here and 1- my post just 'cuss he is pissed that he got a way higher infamy percentage than me.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2012, 03:48:01 pm »
+1
Ruins are still better then these endless, boring open maps, where two shieldwalls sit on two hills and nothing happens in the first 3 or 4 minutes.

Guess what's the gamemode called..

Battle?

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2012, 03:53:02 pm »
lol, Mlekce is the kinda person who'll close his anti archer thread then come over here and 1- my post just 'cuss he is pissed that he got a way higher infamy percentage than me.

Did you see my last post in his thread? (Well I've been having that locking affect on some threads lately... krhm last post in Leshma's locked thread too :D)

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Sumdum Takeda

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2012, 03:53:41 pm »
+3
So, archers should stand in an open field where cav, other archers, and godzilla for all I care can rape them at leisure?  Um, no.  Buildings only deter the hardest counter for archers, cav.  It's not OP, it's rock, paper, scissors, balance.  If there's a building with 100 archers crammed in it and you can't assault (cause you're a useless cav in a city map), you pull a trick out of Nord Assault.  Wait for the flag. GG.

Hey, or you could bring a 1h and get off the damn pony.

Next, well see a guy complaining at length why shields are so OP because they can just walk right up to him and slaughter him in that ruined building.  Again.