Author Topic: Spin Nerf and Lemon-Flavored Jello  (Read 430 times)

Offline Draggon

• Knight
  • Renown: 64
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
  • Blocking axes with my face since June 2011
    • View Profile
    • SnowHawkClan.org
  • Faction: Snowhawk Clan (SHC)
  • Game nicks: SHC_Draggon, SHC_Draggonfang, SHC_Draggonclaw
Spin Nerf and Lemon-Flavored Jello
« on: July 14, 2012, 11:55:02 pm »
+1
Feedback on the Spin Nerf (and yes I put it in "Technical problems" because I do feel that it has become one unfortunately).
Usually I'm pretty much in agreement with the majority of changes, patches, etc.  Dev team does a great job imo.  And I waited quite awhile to post anything just to give it some time.  But alas, time hasn't made it any better. =/

Here are the observations I've come up with so far on the spin thingy...

I 'believe' it was intended to nerf the pike-spin, however I could be wrong on that.  What it did do, as we all know by know, is nerf everyone's ability to spin & attack, period.  Not just stabs, but spinning downswings, spinning sideswings, the whole nine.  I feel like I'm driving a car with a governor on - lol.  Can't count how many times I've TW'ed or TK'ed someone because my swings stop short of where I aim them, or even though I have my mouse settings turned up to spin faster, I still spin too slow and end up hitting the wrong guy.  Hard to explain really, but I'm sure everyone has felt it to some degree.  If you are used to performing a certain action through repetition, and have gotten decently accurate with it (say a quick spin downswing on a guy behind you), then when you go to do that move in the same timeframe and manner as always before - it just doesn't work anymore.

Just overall I feel that melee has been 'dumbed down' or something with this one.  Can't perform alot of the quicker, better moves that allowed you to fight multiple targets, or even one target.

Personally I never had a problem with anyone using spin attacks - pike or any other weapon.  I feel it's a legit move.  The 'real' issue with pikes & stabby weapons imo is the hitting through walls, doors, and around corners as well as the ability to 2"-inch stab someone with a weapon that's 3 to 15 ft. long.  Not sure if anything can be done about those two issues, but spin stab was never a problem really.  Hell, polestun is more of an issue than spin attacks, etc.

Anyway, just my 2 gold pieces for what it's worth.  But thanks for all the other great improvements to the game - there are too many to name.  However, this one I feel could use reversing, just from what I've gathered from experiencing it for a bit, and talking with other players about it.

Oh, and nerf Lemon-Flavored Jello.  Thx.