Author Topic: Archers rework no?  (Read 2090 times)

Offline Torost

• Count
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 109
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Archers rework no?
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2012, 06:16:31 pm »
People always whine about running archers, but seldom complain that the cav outruns them. Logic?

I would love a sligtly longer and higher dmg 0slot weapon(or all bows made 1slot), so that it is somewhat possible to fight some melee.
But if you give archers better meleecapabilities, you wont actually see them standing and fighting more. They will just be harder to kill once you close the gap.The bow is the archers weapon, and it works from a distance not close up.

If you feel so brave try ditching your weapon and fight the other meleeguys with your fists, comparable to fighting with a 0slot weapon.

Offline Old_Sir_Agor

• Baron
  • Renown: 85
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: DenBitre_Sir_Agor
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2012, 06:24:28 pm »
if devs rework shield bush, so archers cant move back and aim in shield and w8 when shielder try to attack and shot him, if this will be reworked = all would be fine.
shooting at people from a reachable place as last man standing is not delaying. Even if you're on the other side of the map.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2012, 11:02:37 pm »
+1
That was my last build. 90% of the time the enemy just runs away trying to stay at the edge of his 2h blade after they notice that you can block and feint. Fuckin 2h kiting my old friends !
Totally agree. The worst kiters are archers, but greatsword users are a close second.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2012, 11:26:57 pm »
+1
if devs rework shield bush, so archers cant move back and aim in shield and w8 when shielder try to attack and shot him, if this will be reworked = all would be fine.
lol no
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Noctivagant

• Earl
  • Renown: 470
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
  • I solve practical problems
    • View Profile
    • I never drank a six pack of warm beer
  • Faction: Mercenaries
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2012, 03:56:58 am »
Depends. Arrows are easy to dodge unless you have low agi build. But dodging requires certain knowledge. Until few months ago, you could dodge just by fast turning and zigzagging. Right now it's best to stand still, wait for archer to release the arrow and make your move. That way you won't catch them but you won't get shot either.

An example

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwyj93POkMA#t=43s aka ow ow yah!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login