Author Topic: Advice on 1h weapons  (Read 6245 times)

Offline Phazey

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Phaz, Merc_Phazh, Merc_Phazhe, Merc_Phazhey and Merc_Phazey
  • IRC nick: Phazh
Re: Advice on 1h weapons
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2011, 06:02:40 pm »
i prefer scimitar to niuweidao. but can't decide which is better: scimitar with spd 101, range 97 and 30 dmg or elite scimitar with spd 100, range 99 and dmg 31. does elite scimitar worth its price and repair price?
help me please, oh expert)

Those stats are incorrect. The main difference: Scimitar has 97 range and the Elite scimitar has 100. However, the Scimitar has 101 base speed and the Elite has 99.

I struggled with this dillemma for a month or so. In the end i chose the Elite Scimitar over the normal Scimitar because of that extra bit of range.
I was so used to 100 range that the 97 range of the normal Scimitar made me miss a lot of swings, especially when mounted. Apparently i tend to swing at the extreme end of the range of my weapon, between 98 and 100 range.

My take on this: on foot, if you get used to the 97 length, the normal scimitar is better than the Elite Scimitar. But on a mount, those three points extra range make the Elite scimitar worth it. It's a hard decision though.

When 3x heirloomed, the Masterwork Scimitar has 103 (!) speed, being the fastest sword together with the Masterwork Side Sword.

If you like spamming, the Scimitar is just spamtastic. The Elite Scimitar is more of a compromise between length and speed. Both are excellent swords. I say try 'em both out, they aren't expensive to buy and see which one you prefer before you heirloom either.

Heirloomed, the normal Scimitar catches up with the Elite Scimitar. So it's all about those 3 points of range vs 2 points in speed. Oh and the normal Scimitar is really cheap for the stats it has. So if money is an issue for you, the Scimitar might be perfect for you.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 06:08:28 pm by Phazey »

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2011, 07:14:52 pm »
I'm currently stuck between two 1-handers myself.  The Long Espada Eslanova, with base stats of 98 speed, 103 length, 31c30p damage, and the Sarranid Cavalry sword with base stats of 95 speed, 105 length, 35c/20p. Both have advantages, and as of now I use the Cavalry Sword before I get a multiplier, and Espada Eslanova after. The Cavalry sword is slow- even at 3rd gen heirloom it's only got 97 for speed- but the length keeps me using it and again, sometimes even when I'm at 5x. It feels like most people don't expect it to be quite so long, and I get a fair deal of hits and kills off with it where the Sidesword would likely fail me.

Really there's no reason you can't use both the Scimitar and the Elite if those are what you're interested in, though. Use Scimitar when you lack a multiplier, or whenever you feel like, and Elite when you have at least a 2x
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline tortoul

• Knight
  • Renown: 52
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: STRanger
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2011, 02:42:59 am »
Phazey
Those stats are incorrect. The main difference: Scimitar has 97 range and the Elite scimitar has 100. However, the Scimitar has 101 base speed and the Elite has 99.

My take on this: on foot, if you get used to the 97 length, the normal scimitar is better than the Elite Scimitar. But on a mount, those three points extra range make the Elite scimitar worth it. It's a hard decision though.

When 3x heirloomed, the Masterwork Scimitar has 103 (!) speed, being the fastest sword together with the Masterwork Side Sword.

If you like spamming, the Scimitar is just spamtastic. The Elite Scimitar is more of a compromise between length and speed. Both are excellent swords. I say try 'em both out, they aren't expensive to buy and see which one you prefer before you heirloom either.

Heirloomed, the normal Scimitar catches up with the Elite Scimitar. So it's all about those 3 points of range vs 2 points in speed. Oh and the normal Scimitar is really cheap for the stats it has. So if money is an issue for you, the Scimitar might be perfect for you.
Malaclypse
Really there's no reason you can't use both the Scimitar and the Elite if those are what you're interested in, though. Use Scimitar when you lack a multiplier, or whenever you feel like, and Elite when you have at least a 2x
i've mixed up stats, sorry. i'm only 1st G, so i dont know much about heirlooming etc. and you really helped me with my problem. thanks a lot)
i like this two also because they have no thrust and this makes them spamtastic), sometimes a disadvantage, but i hate unpurpose thrusts
i have an incredible ping so i guess i am not going to mount:( at this case however i use both, a simple scimitar is more suitable to heirloom, i think.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 02:51:24 am by tortoul »
Up onto the overturned keel. Clamber, with a heart of steel.
Cold is the ocean's spray. And your death is on its way.
With maidens you have had your way...
Each must die some day.

Offline LordRichrich

• Count
  • Renown: 297
  • Infamy: 115
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2011, 08:39:32 am »
Italian sword is by far the best one I've found yet - apart from side sword but it's gonna get nerfed

Offline Formless

• Baron
  • Renown: 102
  • Infamy: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2011, 07:23:13 pm »
I really like the Sarranid Cavalry sword and the Elite Scimitar
“Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, you put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.” - Bruce Lee