Author Topic: Darkfall Promotion  (Read 1477 times)

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Darkfall Promotion
« on: June 29, 2012, 05:07:04 pm »
http://www.darkfallonline.com/blog/?p=3230

All old accounts are activated next monday/tuesday for free, then they are reducing sub price and removing initial client purchase cost. Skills gains are going to be much faster in the free time and then still faster than now afterwards.

Its a full loot pvp conquest/sandbox game. When you die you drop all your gear you currently carrying and anyone can take it (you can store things safely in banks though). You can attack anyone you like at any time. Plus no instances, all one seamless world (one for EU, one for NA). There is some system to determine if you're a pure murderer or not, but I don't think it makes much difference

You occupy and build cities with your clan, siege enemy cities, go pking for people's loot, go pvping, do shitty pve to level skills or get gold etc. Then you also have crafting skills like fishing, mining, blacksmithing etc. Most items in the game are made by players. You can build player owned ships and have naval combat and theres player owned housing etc.

The pvp is very fast paced, almost like quake style combat. It could have been so much better if the devs were a bit less naive, but was pretty epic for the first year or so when it first released.

Group pvp/siege: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJETzhlMAEE

Small/outnumbered pvp: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_bPwUbNZFw

Lots of videos on youtube to see what its like. I don't know if I'll be playing, was mostly just waiting for their next version "2.0" but might give it another go since all accounts will be activated
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 05:10:13 pm by Grumbs »
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
  • Renown: 446
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeQueL
  • IRC nick: SeQueL
Re: Darkfall Promotion
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 11:12:17 pm »
Haven't played that game in quite some time....like 2 years. I didn't have that great of skills back then imagine how far behind I am now.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2012, 02:04:26 am »
They released some more info: http://www.darkfallonline.com/blog/?p=3247

Max-out Skill-up Increase

Skill-up by 20x the normal skill-up rate and max-out your character in no time at all.

Global loot has been quadrupled.

Village control points go active every 6 hours instead of every 12

Date: Starting Monday July 2nd – until Darkfall 2.0 launches.

If they get a big population surge from this I wouldn't mind getting into it again. Was a great game, just the macroing and skill grind made it like a chore. 20x skill gain sounds pretty good though, and 4x loot drops. This is 20x on top of the other increases to skill gains they added since launch too
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2012, 02:35:51 am »
I followed darkfall for a year or 2 before it came out. Forgot about it then realized it was out and tried a demo. Couldn't get it to run smoothly at all on my computer so I just gave up on it.

THis sounds cool though.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 05:59:24 pm »
The 20x sounds good to prevent massive grind but it's these ugly graphics (not bad, just ugly) that turn me off...

Isn't Darkfall supposed to get a gfx overhaul or something?

Offline Swargy

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2012, 05:12:39 am »
I played this game for a month years ago... It's kind of bad. I don't really remember having fun while playing it.

Actually being a pirate with my friends and raiding coastlines with a raft that took 2 weeks to build was pretty fun for a day.

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2012, 11:55:44 pm »
Played a lot of darkfall, like 18 months ending about a year ago. It's a good game has solid physics and relatively bug and crash free, open world FPS rpg. It is faster pace than warband and more focus on range fightinh (magic). Melee is a tactical option not a focus like in warband. It takes a lot of Skill I think a lot of warband players would like it.

I quit cuz the game was stagnant, the greek devs were arrogant, incompetant fucks (some people here who bitch about crpg devs don't know bad devs). Population was declining and no patches.

Now this 20x skillgain it should aTtract players and also the devs got some cash infusion so maybe they will complete their big content infusion which they call a "relaunch"

Offline Godnoken

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2012, 09:23:15 pm »
I played this game for a month years ago... It's kind of bad. I don't really remember having fun while playing it.

Actually being a pirate with my friends and raiding coastlines with a raft that took 2 weeks to build was pretty fun for a day.

2 weeks to build the smallest ship? Daamn, you guys were slow!