Author Topic: Throwing hybrid suggestions  (Read 2292 times)

Offline saydiil

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Throwing hybrid suggestions
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2012, 10:30:14 pm »
I just cannot decide wether to build a thrower or a crossbower...
It seems like I have to get 100 WPF in throwing, so I can use these axes. But thus I cannot put many points in 1H, which makes it fairly weak...
It just annoys me, that I have to wait 6 days before i can STF again.. Want to test something xD

Offline Zanze

• Earl
  • Renown: 366
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Raven_Zan
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2012, 05:43:27 am »
With 4 WM, that is enough for 95 wpf in throwing and 113 in one hand. With 5 WM you are golden man.

(95 wpf is enough for a warlord helm, mail mittens, light kuyak, and splinted leather boots) with PT4.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2012, 01:16:20 pm »
I just cannot decide wether to build a thrower or a crossbower...
It seems like I have to get 100 WPF in throwing, so I can use these axes. But thus I cannot put many points in 1H, which makes it fairly weak...
It just annoys me, that I have to wait 6 days before i can STF again.. Want to test something xD

xbow is boring and you are sitting around half the map reloading, instead of playing or helping teammates.  throwing > xbow my old friend'in

Offline saydiil

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2012, 10:15:25 pm »
are you sure?
I'd like to go throwing + 1H (Mace or Langes messer), but i don't know if a hybrid is that good.
I mean, many people told me that i should specialize on ONE thing..but I think that'd be boring as hell ..

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2012, 11:01:51 am »
are you sure?
I'd like to go throwing + 1H (Mace or Langes messer), but i don't know if a hybrid is that good.
I mean, many people told me that i should specialize on ONE thing..but I think that'd be boring as hell ..

xbowing is easy to start off with, throwing is difficult to start with & takes time, so most people end up ditching it.

You probably shouldnt do any hybriding until gen3 or so unless you are already doing well in melee. 

And being a 100% shielder SUCKS.  Throwing = natural compliment to shields.

Offline saydiil

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2012, 04:38:47 pm »
I honestly hate using shields.
If I'd go throwing, i would take something like Langes Messer or a mace, like I said :D
But the other classes seem so boring to me, i want to mix something..

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2012, 05:05:41 pm »
That's fine, he's just saying throwing compliments 1h/shield really well because you can throwing with your shield in the other hand, and a weapon like a heavy throwing axe is a pretty solid melee weapon too (so grab a sword/hammer/pick as main, and use heavy axe alternate mode for a shield breaker weapon).

For our clan, most of our 2h/pole guys dont pickup throwing because we want them to be using support weapons like great maul and long spear when we're in formation together, so throwing does not mesh with those weapons.

But for a guy playing more of a solo 2h, a 1 slot like a mace/langes messer + throwing build would work very well (you can also do a polearm build, using throwing lances as melee weap, they are very decent in melee mode). You'd be giving yourself a lot of tactical versatility with 3 stacks of axes or jarids, gunning down archers, runners, or softening up tough fighters as they close, and add to that throwing is hella fun too (unlike xbow in my experience, which is boring as fuck).
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 05:06:59 pm by Turboflex »

Offline Rainbow

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2012, 08:02:42 am »
I'd just agree with whatever Digglez says for a thread like this.  His hybrid throwing looks to be pretty effective TBH.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login