Author Topic: Things that could be like WPF. (Repairs)  (Read 749 times)

Offline manwithsnake

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dray
Things that could be like WPF. (Repairs)
« on: May 28, 2012, 03:50:23 am »
+2
I'm just wondering, but you know how the higher WPF skill you have on a certain thing, the chance of repairing that field of weaponry is lowered? I was thinking it would be cool if something like Iron flesh would lower the repair chance by like .2% for armor. Then Horse riding would lower the chance of repairing a horse by like .2%. Or Shield level would reduce the chance of repairing shields. Now the percentages from my view would be okay. I don't know though if it is to high or to low of a %. And each point you would have on a thing like Horse, (Level 6 or something.) Then it would be 1.2% lower than the average rating. I do not know how the game developers could put this into the game. But it is just a suggestion.

Sincerely,
               Manwithsnake (Mr_Mustache)

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Things that could be like WPF. (Repairs)
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2012, 06:03:54 pm »
This makes sense, and it would be good I think. But it is not concerning the game balance as what you suggest benefits almost all type of characters.
Ironflesh = good for 2handers/pole, and almost all melee
Riding = good for cavalry
Shield = shielders, hoplites

Only thing that is missing is missile cavalry as it seems.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012, 06:21:15 pm »
This makes sense, and it would be good I think. But it is not concerning the game balance as what you suggest benefits almost all type of characters.
Ironflesh = good for 2handers/pole, and almost all melee
Riding = good for cavalry
Shield = shielders, hoplites

Only thing that is missing is missile cavalry as it seems.
Slight mistake you got here, wpf already cover our arrows/bows/bolts/xbows/throwing weapons, and riding covers our horses.
So we're covered.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2012, 11:39:15 pm »
Slight mistake you got here, wpf already cover our arrows/bows/bolts/xbows/throwing weapons, and riding covers our horses.
So we're covered.
No you're wrong there, wpf covers bows, xbows and throwings. Bolts and arrows should not be included :D
But yeah I see your point I think, this system is a buff to melee :evil: :evil: :evil:
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

Offline manwithsnake

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dray
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 11:18:31 pm »
What I mean is, it would bring down the chance of repairing Horses, Armor, and Shields!

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2012, 06:47:50 pm »
What I mean is, it would bring down the chance of repairing Horses, Armor, and Shields!
All melee, nothing about ranged.

Offline Siberian_Wolf

• Knight
  • Renown: 69
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: UncountedSauce
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2012, 11:11:34 pm »
Maybe make a seperate skill for archers just like Horse Archery, for every 6 agility you can put one point in fletchery? Lowers the repair chance of bolts and arrows, this would also count as a kind of nerf to Archers, gives them less points to put in other skills and maybe lowering the amount of archers kiting?
Even the brightest of stars fade in time...