Author Topic: Siege gear: is it coming back?  (Read 1830 times)

Offline Rainbow

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Siege gear: is it coming back?
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2012, 11:51:48 pm »
I only remember ladders being used briefly *took a break somewhere and then came back and they were gone*.  I do remember having to be on my toes all the time for ninjas.  I'm all for ladders coming back if we can add fire bombs to destroy them in 1 hit.  That would be super fun.

If there is no option to bring back fire bombs then make it so ladders must be built with 15 building mats or something.  This will stop ladder spam going up everywhere.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2012, 12:24:53 am »
It will come back when a dev feels like adjusting it for regular sieges/battles. The problem is none of the current devs seems interested in doing that.

Oh dear :/

CMP would it be possible to allow weapons racks again?

Also how would one go about helping the dev team to recode the forward spawn? I'm crap at coding but a bunch my friends are game devs and worked for half brick so I can just intimidate my code monkeys into coding.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • pronouns: Nick/her
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2012, 01:19:05 am »
+1

2024: selling my thirty odd +3 items for rl money, don't think i need them anymore tbh. pm me

Offline Arathian

• Duke
  • Renown: 650
  • Infamy: 175
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Pick it up you white ass cracka
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisians
  • Game nicks: Arathian, schizophrenic_axe_murderer
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2012, 01:37:38 am »
Oh dear :/

CMP would it be possible to allow weapons racks again?

Also how would one go about helping the dev team to recode the forward spawn? I'm crap at coding but a bunch my friends are game devs and worked for half brick so I can just intimidate my code monkeys into coding.

*sigh*

well, what if someone who knows how to code really wanted to code the weapons back?

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2012, 01:54:32 am »
well, what if someone who knows how to code really wanted to code the weapons back?

The thing is, Warband uses a proprietary language (i.e. it's not used elsewhere), so you can't just pick up the code and change it. A good programmer will learn it fast enough (see Ozin), but there's still the fact that cRPG is closed source and we don't give random people acces to the source. If someone is interested in helping to develop the mod, he should hang out in IRC, show interest, etc...
That said, forward bases are not being brought back; they are meant for longer games like Strategus battles, and they don't really work in round-based battles. I see nothing wrong with restoring the weapon rack, but first it needs to be fully integrated with the upkeep system.

Offline Arathian

• Duke
  • Renown: 650
  • Infamy: 175
  • Pick it up you white ass cracka
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisians
  • Game nicks: Arathian, schizophrenic_axe_murderer
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2012, 01:57:39 am »
The thing is, Warband uses a proprietary language (i.e. it's not used elsewhere), so you can't just pick up the code and change it. A good programmer will learn it fast enough (see Ozin), but there's still the fact that cRPG is closed source and we don't give random people acces to the source. If someone is interested in helping to develop the mod, he should hang out in IRC, show interest, etc...
That said, forward bases are not being brought back; they are meant for longer games like Strategus battles, and they don't really work in round-based battles. I see nothing wrong with restoring the weapon rack, but first it needs to be fully integrated with the upkeep system.

yeah, restore weapon rack, fuck forward bases.

I would be ok with that.

Offline Rainbow

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2012, 02:56:12 am »
yeah, restore weapon rack, fuck forward bases.

I would be ok with that.

Me too!

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2012, 05:18:13 am »

What does fully integrated actually mean? Is it currently allowing people to spawn with crap Armour and change into shinny gear or something?

I've always found I get hit for everything I pull out of the box, I even got hit 3 times in one round for the csite (but I've only ever seen that once).

Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline bilwit

• Agent provocateur
  • Count
  • Renown: 275
  • Infamy: 181
  • The toast is anarchy!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Billy_Whitmore, Andre_Whitmore, Gideon_Stargrave
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2012, 05:20:54 am »
Bring back stacking siege towers. That shit was fucking hilarious.

Most of us are currently living off relatives, friends, parttime-jobs or savings, to be able to work as much and cheaply as possible.