Poll

should hybrids block slower then Focused disciplins?

Yes
20 (27.4%)
No
51 (69.9%)
Yes but with a different type of handicap such as weapons breaking.
2 (2.7%)

Total Members Voted: 73

Voting closed: March 22, 2011, 02:32:55 am

Author Topic: have block related to WPF  (Read 5713 times)

Offline BalrogBoru

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
  • High-King of the Celts
    • View Profile
    • [TNG] Túatha na nGael
  • Faction: Túatha na nGael
  • Game nicks: CuBalrog, Tuatha_BalorBoru, BalrogRoke
Re: have block related to WPF
« Reply #60 on: March 17, 2011, 08:15:48 pm »
seriously go run up on someone like harmless with her bow standing way in the back picking off people with lasersight accuracy, then watch as she pulls out her 2h spiked mace blocks your second attack(easily despite 1wpf) then lifts it over her head as you try and back out of range and get crushed through.

Seems legit, now take into account you came up on her from behind, and got your first attack in, in the time it took you to swing a second time, she has turned around, put her bow away, and take out the 2h mace AND BLOCKED the second attack.

switching weapons instantly, yeah its in the game. Blocking like the best person who ever lived and carried a weapon with 1wpf. its in the game

I've never had ANYBODY, not archer or melee with his weapon already out, beat me so badly when I had the drop. You simply suck. Btw I'm pure 2h, last gen I was a hybrid 2h/thrower and tbh I see a HUGE difference in attack AND block speed. I own much harder with pure, don't even notice the hybrids blocking in melee given they die in 1-2 hits like every other non-tincan.
We are the free people! Túatha na nGeal! Abú!
http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,1773.0.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tyx0K4WrElo
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2011, 08:17:15 pm »
Only me voting the 3rd option :Weapons Breaking: option? lol

Offline Soldier_of_God

• Count
  • Renown: 159
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sir_Tristan, Archerfaggotry, Sir_Edward
« Reply #62 on: March 19, 2011, 07:07:01 am »
Having read the original post with an open mind, i believe thusly...

1.)low wpf will kill even the best blockers.
2.)if this idea is ever implemented, it should help guard against crushthrough as a trained skill, much like powerstrike. not wpf.
3.)this would be absolutely discouraging to anyone just starting the game.

so point a:

is it annoying when an archers blocks you? yes. is it annoying when they kill you because of a tilde key chamber, or a "lightning fast block"? YES. would it be worth encouraging ranged people to not use weapons or turtle because of blocking deficiency? NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.
NO.

i HATE people like that, and this idea would make a whole SERVER with them. those 10 athletics, pink haired, derp faced, 12 power draw archer bundle of stickss who are the same people that use the AWP on counterstrike. i hope that people like that get inexplicably fisted by the hulk until they can store groceries in their ass like a car.

point b:

i HATE it when i am incapable of winning because of a stat. with the current system, someone who is really good can overcome the gargantuan disadvantage of having absolutely no wpf. with this, starting out would be even worse.

point c:

do you like being raped by spammers? those 140 agility whore spammers that do nothing but spam? nothing like digital sodomy to make you want to put a bullet in the brain.

point d:

i DO NOT want to live in a world with spam whores and pink haired archer pures that wish to somehow be assimilated into a japanese schoolgirl manga. but most of all, i dont want to waste skill points on an already complex system where one misplaced point stares you in the face every time you level and says "good job on waisting the one thing that gives you an edge"

that being said, i know where you are coming from, and i know its annoying.  so here are three practical suggestions...

1.) use a shield.
2.) use a crushtrough weapons
3.) use either high damage or spam to kill people like that.

other than that, the only other solution is to grit your teeth and bear it, and maybe someday go to a skirmish group like SCA and experience combat for yourself... while i have never attended, i have always wanted to go, and i have practiced fencing with wooden longswords, handmade from oak, with my martial artist brother. lots of bruises.

happy gaming to ya.

Offline Maze

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Remnants of Stratia
  • Game nicks: Maze_RS
« Reply #63 on: March 19, 2011, 08:16:23 am »
Thats funny you should say that, because i was on the duel server testing things with someone, and i went for a side swing, and they went for a side block, and it ended up as an overhead swing and they died. so either they saw it as i was swinging it and it switched(we were not dueling just checking damage and attack speeds) Or it did switch mid swing.

This is actually happens because of lag i'm pretty sure. I notice when my ping is higher than usual it happens more often than not.  Tydeus might be on the right path. I'm not completely sure how it all work. I'm sure from their view you did not change directions mid swing.

Offline Nogar

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nogar, Aethril, Devorath
« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2011, 08:43:11 am »
nahhh i only play this game cause i am an awesome knight!
i dont really care if i die alot

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2011, 09:07:26 am »
ITT:  "Pure" build players bitching once again about how life is unfair because hybrids don't die upon laying eyes on the glory that is the "pure" build's e-peen.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Chasab

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 20, 2011, 12:56:12 am »
hybrid>pure

its a simple fact, something i have embraced and will be joining once parts for my new system arrives and i retire. I look forward to throwing axes from my elephant and then using my triple loomed sword on whoever is left in range, anyone that runs will get one of my arrows in the back..

It is known.

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
« Reply #67 on: March 20, 2011, 01:48:35 am »
hybrid>pure

its a simple fact, something i have embraced and will be joining once parts for my new system arrives and i retire. I look forward to throwing axes from my elephant and then using my triple loomed sword on whoever is left in range, anyone that runs will get one of my arrows in the back..

It is known.
I look forward to picking up that very same axe, planting it in your forehead, and since your skull is so thick, finally killing your armored dildo and blocking you until an archer shoots you in the back.
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline EliteDragon

• Peasant
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eastern Tsardom (RIP)
  • Game nicks: EliteDragon
  • IRC nick: EliteDragon
« Reply #68 on: March 20, 2011, 01:57:46 am »
I don't see how, Block speeds are already much faster then attack speeds, and as it is someone with the slowest weapon speed in the game, with 1 WPF in that weapon, can still manually block 100% of a single persons attacks against them, even if they have the fastest weapon in the game. If their weapon also happens to be a crush through weapon, they can attack from overhead and even if you block they can crush through and one shot you.

That's why you make sure that they don't have that opportunity. Just play more and with experience, you will know what to do against those STR builds.

Offline Chasab

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 20, 2011, 03:22:22 am »
I look forward to picking up that very same axe, planting it in your forehead, and since your skull is so thick, finally killing your armored dildo and blocking you until an archer shoots you in the back.

Ha, i look forward to seeing you miss and then cutting you down, like always.

Offline Soldier_of_God

• Count
  • Renown: 159
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sir_Tristan, Archerfaggotry, Sir_Edward
« Reply #70 on: March 20, 2011, 07:43:26 am »
hybrids are NEVER as good as a pure that KNOWS WHAT HE/SHE is doing. that being said, this is an impractical and idiotic idea, and should be stopped.