Author Topic: The (not so) Great Long Axe  (Read 1696 times)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: The (not so) Great Long Axe
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2013, 10:15:23 am »
wat.

The swing animation of a GLA (when it doesn't skip frames anyway) isn't faster but you can safely hit with it much earlier than with any 1h, making it effectively faster, I think that was the point.

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 502
  • cRPG Player
  • Darksider on redemption
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2013, 04:01:49 pm »
The swing animation of a GLA (when it doesn't skip frames anyway) isn't faster but you can safely hit with it much earlier than with any 1h, making it effectively faster, I think that was the point.

indeed, also the hiltslashing...
P.S i was talking about long bardiche, but the effect is practically the same...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

weapon length: 103
weight: 1.5
difficulty: 12
speed rating: 99
thrust damage: 29 pierce
swing damage: 27 cut
slots: 1
cost: 10434

weapon length: 140
weight: 3.5
difficulty: 17
speed rating: 89
thrust damage: 18 pierce
swing damage: 45 cut
slots: 2
cost: 6934
Can't use on horseback
Bonus against Shield

imho, speed rating as of now is completely useless because it doesnt have practically any impact over long weapons.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 04:07:09 pm by Nightmare798 »
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.
Cloud: And that is?
Tseng: Bitches, man.

Offline //saxon

• King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • I'm just to dam goood 😎
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Saxon
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2013, 04:11:55 pm »
Tor Weapon is BADASS.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2013, 04:19:06 pm »
indeed, also the hiltslashing...
P.S i was talking about long bardiche, but the effect is practically the same...

weight: 1.5
difficulty: 12
speed rating: 99
thrust damage: 29 pierce
swing damage: 27 cut
slots: 1
cost: 10434

weight: 3.5
difficulty: 17
speed rating: 89
thrust damage: 18 pierce
swing damage: 45 cut
slots: 2
cost: 6934
Can't use on horseback
Bonus against Shield

imho, speed rating as of now is completely useless because it doesnt have practically any impact over long weapons.
If that's the 1her you're using, you're probably hitting first but bouncing, it's easy to miss the sound (sometimes I think the bounce sound just doesn't play). This is the downside to low cut damage, you need to either have high ps or hold most of your attacks to ensure that you won't bounce on your opponents armor. Generally the previous statement applies to all cut 1hers, but it rings especially true for the Espadas.

I don't buy the "effectively faster" argument when we're talking about a difference of speed as large as this.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 502
  • cRPG Player
  • Darksider on redemption
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2013, 04:28:27 pm »
+1
If that's the 1her you're using, you're probably hitting first but bouncing, it's easy to miss the sound (sometimes I think the bounce sound just doesn't play). This is the downside to low cut damage, you need to either have high ps or hold most of your attacks to ensure that you won't bounce on your opponents armor. Generally the previous statement applies to all cut 1hers, but it rings especially true for the Espadas.

I don't buy the "effectively faster" argument when we're talking about a difference of speed as large as this.
you know whats funny? charging up an attack with 1h, release it, and get one shotted by long bardiche user that was starting his swing in the middle of yours, or better yet getting hiltslashed, by LB with cut starting with weapon pressed against your chest, doing full damage [bonus points for hiltslashing with barmace for insta-hiltslash-knockdown]. i am sick of dudes with long weapons hitting me at facehug range at absolutely bullshit angles, where any 1h weapon would bump harmlessly. i dont mind people having stronger, cheaper weapon with longer reach, but they should also be penalized somewhere. what LB is now is uber-speed-any-range-cheap-fuck-you-i-do-full-damage-in-any-situation weapon.
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.
Cloud: And that is?
Tseng: Bitches, man.