Author Topic: strat sucks  (Read 3018 times)

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
Re: strat sucks
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2012, 06:39:31 pm »
+2
Yea, I just think that if you want a serious discussion on the problems in strat you should avoid making dumb comments about EU vs NA.

You made some good points in your post but then you ruined it.

If someone makes good points, them spouting off bullshit afterwards doesn't nullify the common sense points they still make...

Your butt hurt (or someone's retarded comments) don't cancel out what they said that makes sense...that's not the way logic works.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline RibaldRon

• Baron
  • Renown: 144
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
  • why do butts
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: LLJK_RibaldRon
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2012, 06:55:34 pm »
+2
Agreed, strat really needs some good polishing.  I think that trade goods need to be available at different areas, instead of just "eels" "bear hides" I mean I get where that was going with the trade goods distance but it needs to be an actual economy so giant alliances don't just craft Special Resource in a shithole for 3 gold,  and then go and sell them  as Random Prosperous Fief for 25 gold, times the distance multiplier.  Make it dynamic,  so you can get Salt at a bunch of fiefs, but the ones that produce it will have it cheapest.  Large alliances that make the same trade routes will still average more money than smaller alliances, but war-torn areas will likely see more profit in it than flooded markets.

are you going to deny that EU is in an alliance so large you had to leave your "zone" to find an enemy?
Yes he is.  Because 22nd is too caught up fighting small bandits and the peaceful trade caravans of people they don't like to realize that EU had been in a stalemate for the last 2 1/2 months.  And Americans can never be right about anything.  :rolleyes:

This guy's track record is ridiculous, he claimed that 22nd never did anything to help DRZ/UIF, while simultaneously criticizing somebody's usage of the word "All" and how "there was that one time"
signature removed: annoying

USA USA USA

Offline Lordark

• Count
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player
  • Please respect all admins and thier decisions.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Solo
  • Game nicks: Lordark
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2012, 07:26:56 pm »
RIP TempLOLS

Next Strat perhaps things be different. GG UIF.
Never forget the day Dragons came to Calradia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfLxHJY0lQI&feature=related
My personal theme song, We will never surrender!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg1xqAjQ5e4

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2012, 08:02:19 pm »
RIP TempLOLS

Next Strat perhaps things be different. GG UIF.

*koyaanisqatsi*

We killed people.
We smuggled people.
We sold people.
Perhaps next strat, things will be different.

*more koyaanisqatsi*

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2012, 08:35:24 pm »
+4
just to build on a few ideas.. i posted long ago about anonymous participation in strat fights, and i think the trick is to make it only possible to sign up anonymously for AI factions; if it is player vs player then no anonymity... it still takes some policing in player vs AI though as some of the player factions friends could sign up anonymously for the AI and subtly sabotage more easily than it is already, maybe the devs can see who is actually signing and just swear to secrecy, but can take action if people are signing up and sabotaging AI.

as for playing crpg to earn gold in strat, this isnt a bad thing, but it also leads to leaching in crpg and it gives an even bigger advantage to large factions that have crazy amounts of players... the only thing i can suggest to maybe make it ok, is perhaps set a cap of how much gold can be earned through playing crpg in a day, say each day a player can earn 500 gold, and depending on the multiplier they get it could take 100-500 minutes of playing to achieve.

but overall, despite chadz intention to make strategus something other than a war game... us NA players want a war game, and hopefully chadz can accommodate us a bit better, just let us build up our forces a bit quicker so we can run around fighting each other without putting us so far behind the peaceful guilds as to make it impossible to recover. right now there is too much of an advantage for factions that can secure all their lands with little to no fighting and then remain peacefully stockpiling for long periods of time. I would be really interested in seeing the dynamic of warfare change in strat so that it is less about complete annihilation and more about border conflicts and small gains here and there, but so far 95% of wars are to the death, which inevitably leads to a mega alliance "winning" strat as they run out of competitors.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2012, 08:48:02 pm »
+2
more great ideas, I've been seeing them trickle in over the last 3 months...will the dev's step up to the plate (pretty please with sugar on top...I'll give you money, take you out to dinner, buy you beer...cmon guy we're itching here, we need that fix).
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline 22nd_King_Plazek

• Baron
  • Renown: 87
  • Infamy: 57
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2012, 09:38:42 pm »
Cool post RibaldRon. Shame your so misinformed that everything you posted is untrue. We have never attacked CHAOS caravans, nor have we ever claimed to have never helped DRZ against CHAOS (I am pretty sure that there has been at least 1 22nd and often more in each battle) and there have been many wars in the EU. Just check the thread "Unity of the Church" among other topics for evidence of this. Of course I am sure you will be unable to comprehend this so just pretend like you have never read it eh. Not that this is a topic for any of that stuff..  :rolleyes:

As for you crazy cracka, sure it does not make his legit points any less legitimate but while logic covered in shit is still logic, it is now covered in shit and not very nice to deal with.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2012, 09:45:29 pm »
+3
The convenient thing with propaganda is that if you repeat it often enough you start believing it yourself.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2012, 09:47:49 pm »

As for you crazy cracka, sure it does not make his legit points any less legitimate but while logic covered in shit is still logic, it is now covered in shit and not very nice to deal with.

I get what you're saying, generally if you talk shit people just ignore what you're saying.  But you said yourself he made some good points, maybe focus on those and not get into a mud flinging contest.

It really doesn't matter what people's interpretations of what factions did in strat v 3.0.  I think the big thing is to focus on how the game mechanics work and how they influence faction behavior.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline 22nd_King_Plazek

• Baron
  • Renown: 87
  • Infamy: 57
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2012, 09:54:39 pm »
I agree 100%.

I am sure many of the Eu factions despite "winning" would also love to see some real significant changes to the mechanics of strat in the next iteration.

Offline Mannhammer

• Baron
  • Renown: 117
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
  • Only War is Eternal
    • View Profile
    • Forty Thousand Years In The Future
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2012, 11:13:04 pm »
+1
I agree 100%.

I am sure many of the Eu factions despite "winning" would also love to see some real significant changes to the mechanics of strat in the next iteration.

Finally, we get to some common ground.

What changes would the "winning" EU factions like to see in Strat?

Offline Camaris

• Count
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Neresto_HRE
  • IRC nick: Neresto_HRE
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2012, 11:44:38 pm »
+1
Finally, we get to some common ground.

What changes would the "winning" EU factions like to see in Strat?

Probably xp and gold for those who own fiefs.
And NPC-Dungeons to grind their epic equipment.

Offline Muki

• Earl
  • Renown: 455
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • 偽善正義
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Exile
  • Game nicks: Muki
  • IRC nick: Muki, Muki39
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2012, 11:59:42 pm »
KOA are doing pretty well we got only 6 (from the last time i checked) in this faction

As a volunteer admin I clearly have no life and live only to eradicate all fun and enjoyment from the game. Your tears of rage are all the payment I need.
Yes I drew most of my avatars