Author Topic: xbow wpf  (Read 599 times)

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • Renown: 66
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Do evil to others before they do evil to you
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Kenkyaku
  • IRC nick: Torp
xbow wpf
« on: March 04, 2011, 07:26:47 pm »
+1
hey, i was wondering what experiences you guys have with xbow as a secondary weapon.
I will only be using it once in a while, as polearm will be my primary weaponclass, so i wont spend a lot of wpf in it, but i'd like to have enough accuracy to be able to make headshots without just being lucky.

so i'd like to know; how big is the difference between 50 and 75 wpf?
and how big is the difference between 75 and 100?
what amount of wpf would you suggest?

thx

Offline Nemeth

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nemeth
  • IRC nick: Nemeth
Re: xbow wpf
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 08:22:01 pm »
I don't think you can think about headshots even with 100 wpf, maybe only close range. With 130 wpf I found medium range shots to be quite inaccurate. Though my percieving of range might be a bit messed up.

EDIT: But honestly, if you're determined to use xbow, then I see no problem to invest 50 wpf into them while you're levelling, and just get more if you'll need more accuracy.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 08:25:15 pm by Nemeth »

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 08:31:49 pm »
I don't think you can think about headshots even with 100 wpf, maybe only close range. With 130 wpf I found medium range shots to be quite inaccurate. Though my percieving of range might be a bit messed up.

EDIT: But honestly, if you're determined to use xbow, then I see no problem to invest 50 wpf into them while you're levelling, and just get more if you'll need more accuracy.

k, thx

Offline WaltF4

• Baron
  • Renown: 131
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 08:50:27 pm »
I have posted some tests of crossbow proficiency. I would say 50 crossbow proficiency is the absolute minimum anyone holding a crossbow should have. The crossbow reticule area is reduced by about 50% by increasing your proficiency from 1 to 50. The reticule area is further reduced by another 50% when increasing proficiency from 50 to 100. For hybrid crossbowmen, the normal or heavy crossbow seem to be the most practical as their accuracy is better than the sniper crossbow until 160+ proficiency, they are 40% or 70% as expensive, and they have a 50% or 30% greater rate of fire.

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2011, 08:57:41 pm »
I have posted some tests of crossbow proficiency. I would say 50 crossbow proficiency is the absolute minimum anyone holding a crossbow should have. The crossbow reticule area is reduced by about 50% by increasing your proficiency from 1 to 50. The reticule area is further reduced by another 50% when increasing proficiency from 50 to 100. For hybrid crossbowmen, the normal or heavy crossbow seem to be the most practical as their accuracy is better than the sniper crossbow until 160+ proficiency, they are 40% or 70% as expensive, and they have a 50% or 30% greater rate of fire.

make a new trhead with taht post; people need it...

anyways, very helpfull, and i think i'll go for 100 xbow wpf (146 pole)