Author Topic: Cavalry charging  (Read 1046 times)

Offline Huey Newton

• Duke
  • Renown: 555
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Huey_Newton
Re: Cavalry charging
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2012, 08:45:40 am »
In real warfare, one could not just charge his or her horse into whatever he or she pleased without the horse suffering damage.

All I'm proposing is that a horses health is effected when it charges an enemy or ally. This would reduce cavalry's "annoying"-ness in battle (charging people midcombat).

:lol:

Offline Aleta

• Knight
  • Renown: 32
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rhodok
  • Game nicks: Aleta, Diavolo
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2012, 12:03:38 pm »
Actually, horses should stop and rear when the rider tries to make it run over a person if things were realistic. Horses do not like to run into things, whether it is a fence, a wall or a person. However, warhorses were trained so they would not fear this too much, so they would be possible to use in combat. So for realism we could have that warhorses were the only one who could run down a person, but the horse would get a tiny bit of damage. (for instance 1/4 of what the person who is hit does) while unarmored horses would just stop as if trying to run down a fence. (bumping damage from warhorses would have to be doubled though, too)

That ^^ would be realistic. However, it would not be fun.

To make cRPG a game where skill matters and the fun is maximised, I propose a reduction if not a removal of the horse bumping damage. Cavalry should be able to bump people so they fall down so they can get out of thight spots, however making the horse bump actually deal a lot of damage is so cheap. (yes, it's realistic, but not fun, and does not award skilled cavalrymen) If damage from horse bumping was removed completely, but the charge value showed the horses ability to knock down infantry at lower speeds, I think playing as cavalry and against cavalry would be much more fun. If this however would be some nerf to cavalry in any way, rather buff something else with them to make it balanced.

I'm not trying to propose a cavalry nerf here, I'm trying to propose a buff of the FUN.

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • Renown: 206
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2012, 02:11:23 pm »
realism is never a good argument. Yeh a horse might get hurt, but anyone run over by a horse would most likely be out of the fight. Therefore, we should leave it the way it is.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
<dexxtaa> I just saw nakey ladies and I left
<@Fasader> dexxtaa is clearly gay