Author Topic: Equipment Crafting Suggestion  (Read 2243 times)

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
Re: Equipment Crafting Suggestion
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2012, 06:45:12 pm »
Maybe i missed something Jarlek, but if I would get max bonus(40), i would have 100 crafting skill in key things.  Crafting with 40 skill is enough to equip your army - you can do 40*24 items per day so assuming 3-4 key items for warrior you can equip 1000 troops army in a matter of 3,5 day (assuming you have gold)

40 skill is enough to equip a raiding army in a very short space of time (around 10-12 hours for 40 troops) but it would take a long time to acquire that skill level as you would have to have used 2000 of an item - for a raider that is a lot of battles.

For a large clan trying to equip a 2000 man army - it will take a long time.  50 hours for 2000 armour + plus another 50 hours for a weapon each.  Then you need 2000 helemts + arrows, bolts and shields.  All in all its probably 2 weeks of crafting for 1 person and that's without sleeping :D  In that time since you aren't attacking anybody, you will have had skill decay (see my addition post) twice and lost 8 skill points (assuming a strating point of 40) which will mean everything takes even longer.

As for ending up with 100 skill - that's possible anyway now and people will be there in another month or 2.  Unless there is a cap to crafting skills before that, but that cap will still apply so it doesn't really matter.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 06:46:22 pm by Tomas »

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2012, 06:57:28 pm »
Maybe i missed something Jarlek, but if I would get max bonus(40), i would have 100 crafting skill in key things.  Crafting with 40 skill is enough to equip your army - you can do 40*24 items per day so assuming 3-4 key items for warrior you can equip 1000 troops army in a matter of 3,5 day (assuming you have gold)
No. When you get the max bonus you will only have 40 in it. Yeah, you might have some normal chadztext skill in it, but are you saying that you equip a complete army with only items that the commander have crafting skill in? And 3-4 items is actually too little. That's a helmet, a body armour, leggings and one type of weapon. Yeah, you can quickly equip and army of only 2h/pole/1h-without shields, but it wont be an effective one. Also as Tomas said: You would need to spend a lot of gold to actually get all of this crafting skill, making the choice of spending a lot of gold in the start and get high crafting skill or craft a small amount get a small bonus at the start and then craft a bit with the new skills, gradually increasing the skill. Yeah, it can become very powerful when you finally get the 40 skill bonus on a lot of items, but giving commanders a boost is basically the point of this suggestion. And say what you want; those bonus crafting skills would most of the time be better to have spread out on different people. Not EVERYONE of a clan, but where there were before 1, 2 or 3 commanders, it would be 5, 6 or 7. Also when a commander got a lot of the extra crafting bonus, why use him to command the army? Better to let him craft and another one move the army and get the bonus.

Just a quick potential extra for the suggestion
- Every week your Commander Skills all go down by 10%.  This adds a very slow decay to your skills meaning commanders can't just fight a load of battles and then retire to a life of crafting for ever more.  This should also help soften the relatively high limit of 40 to skills that i suggested in the OP.  It is percentage based so that there isn't too much impact as you are gaining the skills.  This will be rounded down so that if you only have 9 skill or less you won't lose anything.
I was thinking of a decay myself, but I think that would go against the point of making different people command instead of the usual guys.  Maybe have a decay but let it stop at a certain point? 20 maybe? That means that raiders who fight often will constantly keep their high crafting, while a big army commander who only does big battles (and thus must spend more time gathering troops/equipment), would still have a good bonus. And it wouldn't be able to be abused (by attacking your own) since you have to actually LOSE the equipment.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Lech

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2012, 07:46:24 pm »
No. When you get the max bonus you will only have 40 in it. Yeah, you might have some normal chadztext skill in it, but are you saying that you equip a complete army with only items that the commander have crafting skill in? And 3-4 items is actually too little. That's a helmet, a body armour, leggings and one type of weapon. Yeah, you can quickly equip and army of only 2h/pole/1h-without shields, but it wont be an effective one. Also as Tomas said: You would need to spend a lot of gold to actually get all of this crafting skill, making the choice of spending a lot of gold in the start and get high crafting skill or craft a small amount get a small bonus at the start and then craft a bit with the new skills, gradually increasing the skill. Yeah, it can become very powerful when you finally get the 40 skill bonus on a lot of items, but giving commanders a boost is basically the point of this suggestion. And say what you want; those bonus crafting skills would most of the time be better to have spread out on different people. Not EVERYONE of a clan, but where there were before 1, 2 or 3 commanders, it would be 5, 6 or 7. Also when a commander got a lot of the extra crafting bonus, why use him to command the army? Better to let him craft and another one move the army and get the bonus.
I was thinking of a decay myself, but I think that would go against the point of making different people command instead of the usual guys.  Maybe have a decay but let it stop at a certain point? 20 maybe? That means that raiders who fight often will constantly keep their high crafting, while a big army commander who only does big battles (and thus must spend more time gathering troops/equipment), would still have a good bonus. And it wouldn't be able to be abused (by attacking your own) since you have to actually LOSE the equipment.

You really need those:
-Armor
-Gloves
-Weapon of choice

If shielder/xbow/archer you need
-shield/bolts/2.5  stacks of arrows

Helmet and Leg protection are
a)cheap
b)not crucial

I have 54/36/60/17 respectively for shielder. I just need another commander who have arrows and gloves and bow. So i would have 94 armor/76 gloves /100 sword/57 shield. Do the math how fast i can equip troops after just one siege of some random castle ?

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2012, 07:50:03 pm »
You really need those:
-Armor
-Gloves
-Weapon of choice

If shielder/xbow/archer you need
-shield/bolts/2.5  stacks of arrows

Helmet and Leg protection are
a)cheap
b)not crucial

I have 54/36/60/17 respectively for shielder. I just need another commander who have arrows and gloves and bow. So i would have 94 armor/76 gloves /100 sword/57 shield. Do the math how fast i can equip troops after just one siege of some random castle ?
And you completely ignored GETTING that skill? The cost of getting the skill is what balances it, together with the decay. This would only work for those that have a high skill (costs a lot) and fights (and loses the equipment) and then quickly crafts. It's a bonus that you have to do a lot for and that goes away if you don't keep fighting.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Lech

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2012, 08:01:30 pm »
And you completely ignored GETTING that skill? The cost of getting the skill is what balances it, together with the decay. This would only work for those that have a high skill (costs a lot) and fights (and loses the equipment) and then quickly crafts. It's a bonus that you have to do a lot for and that goes away if you don't keep fighting.

I can attack tomorrow to gain 40 skill. Where is the cost ?

Didn't you said before no decay?

I think my faction would be ok with such attack if it would decrease my faction cost of raising future armies, and time required to do so.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2012, 08:10:20 pm »

Didn't you said before no decay?

I think my faction would be ok with such attack if it would decrease my faction cost of raising future armies, and time required to do so.

You might get less time to craft, but it still requires man hours to recruit. No speed increases there. You send 2k army to attack, yea, you'll get your skill, but you'll have to wait 2000 man hours for a new army.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2012, 09:04:21 pm »

To equip 2000 troops with the equipment you want, you must have already spent the cash - that is the initial cost.

Then to craft the replacement items it will take you over a week by which time your skills will have started to decay already.  Also, you won't have full skill in all the items you want as a 2000 man army doesn't conatain 2000 of every item.

Next you are considering this idea from the current strat situation which is already imbalanced.  Its better to think of it from a fresh start - which is probably when this would be added.

Finally, almost every clan with land still on the map could attack a fief tomorrow and gain the same skill points as you are saying you will get.  Even some of the landless clans could do it.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2012, 09:11:38 pm »
Idea: Not owning land as a faction(IE the raiders/bandits(maybe traders)) could perhaps slow down the rate of decay by 25-50%. So that raiders can keep the bonus longer as they are often small enterprises. This would allow clanless, and small clans a slight edge over the larger factions. They get less battles, so they have less decay?

:?:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2012, 03:23:24 am »
Good idea Anders. I like it because I am it :D The turn around time for me to get in a real fight is about 1 week.

The other point that you might be over looking Zapper is the whole loosing thing. Its a pretty big call to go get 500 troops and give them 500 items just to loose.

Its going to have a long term posative effect on the FIGHT!

Really I think everyone would like to see Friday-Sunday be a nice big strat bonanza! Getting together and duking it out. Like shield wall sundays on VikingR. Team work and fun. Its so much more exciting than another 20 rotations of the same map.

More incentives to fight I say!!! INCENTAVISE THE KILLING! DO IT!
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(