Author Topic: The decrease of diversity of units on the battlefield.  (Read 6418 times)

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
Re: The decrease of diversity of units on the battlefield.
« Reply #90 on: January 24, 2012, 08:52:31 am »
+1
PS. You totally deserved that -1 for writing that huge wall of text. Not your style, not at all.

Well i guess i had it coming, i see little shaky hands did their homework on minusing it.  :wink:

After a good nights sleep (i counted 27 archers before falling asleep, quite average for EU) all i can say is this: last night maybe we went a bit off topic but i was only answering to the guys who started to cry about ranged nerf and you lads completely missed my point (as usual), what i wanted to say is this:

We can have quite enough of diversity on the battlefield even without 70% of the people shooting something, wouldn't you agree ? I assure you it's possible. We had 18 months of ranged festival and now when it just started to look like it should have from the beginning another Storm of Ranged Tears rains down upon us.
Yes Harpag, 30% of reachable ranged sounds much better then 70% of mostly unreachable.  :wink:

I'm done here, now feel free to continue your ranged nerf crying fest but don't push it too far cause i might be forced to rename my forum profile into Tears of Laughter.
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Harpag

• Marshall
  • Renown: 914
  • Infamy: 263
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • jebać merców
    • View Profile
  • Faction: UIF
  • Game nicks: Harpag_the_Grey
« Reply #91 on: January 24, 2012, 11:59:55 am »
+1
One guy, who is done here  :wink:  says that at least half (70%?) of the people shooting something. He says that only now, after the patch is better.
Nonsense. For many months I was responsible for preparing the equipment for the army. So well I know the proportions. Here's an old formula:

30% pure shielders, 25% 2h, 15% pole, 15% archers, 5% throwers, 5% xbows and 5% horses. For the siege 5% horses goes to pole or 1h = 70% melee + 25% ranged + 5% melee horseman. I don't see rangedspamfest here. 75% melee / 25% ranged.

At the last battle run out 2h & pole, and left us a lot of bows and crossbows. Supply equipment for the throwers was practically untouched.

I seem to realize that these are the proportions for Strategus, and additionally adjusted for our battles, but how big is this error in relation to the cRPG. 10%? I think no more because the equipment into Strategus is performed for builds from cRPG...

Personally, I think that removing the ladder from the battle mode is really very ok, upkeep for siege eq also, but the rest of the changes is unnecessary and even harmful for balance. For example - no ladders in the "siege" is probably a misunderstanding ... lol

For me, it does not matter, because I'm shielder, a crossbow is only additive, but sorrow to look at the dedicated ...  :rolleyes:

They often invested at 6 genes in the improvement of equipment, and now they are completely useless. Try to sell a bow, crossbow or arrows/ bolts  :wink:
Free respec and free loom points is probably the minimum for these people. As usual, sorry for the terrible english...

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #92 on: January 24, 2012, 12:37:14 pm »
One guy, who is done here  :wink:  says that at least half (70%?) of the people shooting something. He says that only now, after the patch is better.
Nonsense.

I don't know what you're talking about but i was speaking of battle servers before the patch. That percentage has naturally decreased now but they still whine & cry as loud as ever. :wink:
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 24, 2012, 06:50:33 pm »
I don't know what you're talking about but i was speaking of battle servers before the patch. That percentage has naturally decreased now but they still whine & cry as loud as ever. :wink:

Which is understandable, since "they" had twice as much trouble as you did to get kills even before the patch.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #94 on: January 24, 2012, 08:34:02 pm »
Which is understandable, since "they" had twice as much trouble as you did to get kills even before the patch.

You mean they needed to point and click?

I would also like to mention that I already posted a possible solution, but except of Zerran it was completely ignored  :?
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Adamar

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 24, 2012, 09:03:04 pm »
You mean they needed to point and click?

Actually you have to point first, then aim, while the crossair is closing in and then try to calculate the area in which the arrow will fall within a big, unsteady crossair, while taking into consideration the speed of the arrow, the slow release of said arrow, the movement/evasiveness of the target, the fact that even if you magage to hit that target you're not inflicting any significant damage, plus how many arrows you can release before that target is close enought to sword rape you, and the fact that you're only ranged as long as you have arrows + everything else going on around you, so you dont get backstabed/lanced from behind... or make sure you dont hit one of the many allies who persist on getting in front of you while you have to focus on a target if you manage to find a decent one, and every other enemy archer who is looking for light targets like other archers, since their arrows can't kill anything else anyway. On top of that you must have leet melee skill if you hope to survive a close encounter with your average medium armoured 2handed spammer, which has always been the dominant force on the battlefield, because their supposed counter class(ranged) is far from having the hability to put them in their place(behind couver, shields).

Not to mention fog and other details.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 09:11:55 pm by Adamar »

Offline DrTaco

• Count
  • Renown: 179
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
  • Your eternal reward
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swashbucklers
  • Game nicks: Magical Toaster
« Reply #96 on: January 24, 2012, 09:23:27 pm »
Actually you have to point first, then aim, while the crossair is closing in and then try to calculate the area in which the arrow will fall within a big, unsteady crossair, while taking into consideration the speed of the arrow, the slow release of said arrow, the movement/evasiveness of the target, the fact that even if you magage to hit that target you're not inflicting any significant damage, plus how many arrows you can release before that target is close enought to sword rape you, and the fact that you're only ranged as long as you have arrows + everything else going on around you, so you dont get backstabed/lanced from behind... or make sure you dont hit one of the many allies who persist on getting in front of you while you have to focus on a target if you manage to find a decent one, and every other enemy archer who is looking for light targets like other archers, since their arrows can't kill anything else anyway. On top of that you must have leet melee skill if you hope to survive a close encounter with your average medium armoured 2handed spammer, which has always been the dominant force on the battlefield, because their supposed counter class(ranged) is far from having the hability to put them in their place(behind couver, shields).

Not to mention fog and other details.

Condensed version/TLDR

Point, judge distance(Fancy phrase for guess and pray), click, hold, release. Repeat

IF CAVALRY: Pull out a fucking weapon and block down.
IF INFANTRY: Run the fuck away if you know what's good for you.
IF RANGED: Shoot them.
IF FOG: Well if you can't see them they probably can't see you.
IF OBSTACLE: Stop shooting the hill dumbass.
IF ON THE MOVE: You're not moving to shoot, you're moving to get to a good place to shoot.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 09:27:21 pm by DrTaco »
Don't take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Offline Adamar

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 24, 2012, 09:28:20 pm »
Meh, running sucks.

Offline DrTaco

• Count
  • Renown: 179
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
  • Your eternal reward
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swashbucklers
  • Game nicks: Magical Toaster
« Reply #98 on: January 24, 2012, 09:30:54 pm »
Why the hell are you ranged?
Don't take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Offline Adamar

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 24, 2012, 09:37:57 pm »
Why the hell are you ranged?

I like the longbowman look/style, being able to have an effect in the battle, both at range and at close quarters. With all the nerfs, we archers feel like we've been castrated by the devs, in a way that only non archers have a future in this mod.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 09:55:08 pm by Adamar »