Author Topic: Shields  (Read 1310 times)

Offline Zerran

• Count
  • Renown: 276
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Caita_KUTT, Fellys_KUTT
Re: Shields
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2012, 07:48:24 pm »
According to Waltf4:

My testing suggests that the engine uses a single, total weight for the running speed calculations. This weight includes all items your character has on them: worn, sheathed, or unsheathed. Holding a weapon further reduces running speed based on the weapon length and weight. Holding a shield does not change running speed relative to wearing that shield, unless your character is holding one shield while wearing another shield; in which case, there is an enormous reduction in running speed.

Only armor weight appears to matter for attack speeds. Holding a shield does not change the time taken to complete an attack. However, the delay between blocking an attack and beginning your own attack may be different if you block with a weapon compared to a shield. I would assume that the difference depends on the weights and speeds of both the attacking and blocking weapons and the shield.

So the actual speed of the attack is not changed by the shield, but there may be a different/longer delay after blocking.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • Renown: 187
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • I use these forums to hook up with hot ladies
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Memento_Mori, Sengo_Muramasa, Born_Of_Osiris,
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2012, 07:51:20 pm »
...Oh hell someone beat me to it and even has a direct quote from Walt.. Oh well.

I'm not 100% sure but I am PRETTY sure that weapon weights (shields included) does not lower WPP.

The weight and length of a weapon does effect how fast your MOVEMENT speed is though.

Not 100% if that's correct or not but in all the posts about EQUIP WEIGHT and WPP that I've read, weapon weights aren't mentioned to have an effect on your wpp only weights of helmet(x3), gloves(x2), body armor(x1), legs(x1)

On topic, only time I really use shield breakers is on my PA char with full str 10 IF 10 PS atm and he pretty much smashes through them like nothing. Board shields and Huscarls survive for a little bit, the less hit points shields he rips apart with his teeth no need for an axe at all.

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2012, 07:53:08 pm »
According to Waltf4:

So the actual speed of the attack is not changed by the shield, but there may be a different/longer delay after blocking.

Sort of, but not the way that you think. Using a shield doesn't slow down your swing speed. You could keep tapping block to swing and it wouldn't affect your swing speed at all.

HOWEVER, shields do suffer from weapon stun. It happens most with lighter shields, obviously. So if a strength user comes by with say a bar mace and you block it with your shield it can stun you which delays your attack.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login