Will the Dev team fix this Glitch?

Yes
28 (32.9%)
No
18 (21.2%)
Nerf Archery
39 (45.9%)

Total Members Voted: 85

Author Topic: Faction attacking own Fief to prevent counter attack  (Read 3293 times)

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
Re: Faction attacking own Fief to prevent counter attack
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2011, 06:37:05 pm »
slamz i think the solution is just to allow fief owners (and only fief owners) the ability to transfer the fief to whoever they want, but it can only be done like once a week.  and if you control the faction of the fief owner and want to give the fief to someone else, you'll have to kick them from the faction and attack it yourself.  just like in single player, the fiefs are attached to the people, not the factions.  When you leave a faction you have the option to keep the fief (and obviously go to war with that faction). 

i think that would cover every possible issue by the devs, and still allow fief transfers with less potential for aboose.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Nihtgenga

• Knight
  • Renown: 77
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fenris
  • Game nicks: Eldest
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2011, 07:00:31 pm »
we'll figure out a way.

Meanwhile, it can cause weird results trying to abuse/exploit this mechanic and is therefore not allowed.

this statement would have been nice 3 weeks ago : )

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2011, 07:15:29 pm »
+3
I posted in Kesh's topic but figured i'd post it here as well.

The solution is to turn the exploit into a feature.  Locking down your own villages should be allowed but with increased penalties.

Already there is the penalty of your troops being locked down.  In the Dusturil case the Hospitallers/Occitans could have marched straight past the 1000 locked Fallen troops and instead attacked the reinforcing Fallen army 3000 vs 1500 (ish).  If I had to pick between attacking 1500 troops in Dusturil or attacking 1500 troops in a random field I know which would have picked and would have seen the locked 1000 troops as a blessing :D.  A bit of intelligence on the Hospitaller/Occitan front could have seen an even better outcome for them without all this drama.  Maybe they could have even gained some pride in the fact that they don't need the Devs to fight their wars for them.

Added to this is the already existant "Loki you are a scumbag" penalty.  Attacking your own village is not the best way to look good and make friends :D

On top of these however I propose that all crafting, recruitment and selling of goods should be suspended during any village attacks.  This means villages under attack are no longer profitable which should increase the penalty sufficiently to make clans think twice before using the attack your own village feature.

There does need to be a transfer village button though with a 1 week cooldown as obviously it is a little unfair to suspend production if you are just trying to transfer ownership.

This is by far the simplest solution as it requires no policing or punishments at all!!!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 07:16:58 pm by Tomas »

Offline Lordark

• Count
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player
  • Please respect all admins and thier decisions.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Solo
  • Game nicks: Lordark
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2011, 07:03:30 am »
This mod is still 50% un finished.  So much more code needs pumped into it. Continue to enjoy the Guinea pig experience. Have fun Rp'ing in the mean time.
Never forget the day Dragons came to Calradia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfLxHJY0lQI&feature=related
My personal theme song, We will never surrender!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg1xqAjQ5e4

Offline Gomer

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 368
  • cRPG Player
  • Skill Crutcher
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Gomer
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2011, 03:33:45 am »

The perfect defense is a good offence?
So it seems that a faction can attack their own fief. Thereby, perpetually preventing an attack from a foe.
Will this glitch will break Strat?
Good thing you guys already abused this one....